It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Chief Inspector Of Police - Covering Up Paedophiles Within The Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have just looked at a video and read the transcript of an interview. It was aired last night in Australia on ABC Lateline where Chief Inspector Peter Fox of the NSW Police Service spoke with the interviewer about the covering up of Child Abuse/Paedophilia within the Catholic Church.

Don't watch much television and heard about it via a tradesman to my home today. Within the first few minutes you will hear disturbing evidence from a victim via the Chief Inspector. It is my understanding that the Chief Inspector did not go through proper channels to speak publicly. He did not go through the Commissioners protocols and I suspect he will not be a police officer for much longer - but - who knows.

He has been brave enough to step forward and speak out - because - it becomes evident he wants justice for the victims. Just type in Chief Inspector Peter Fox ABC Lateline and you should get a selection of sites. Given I want to talk to this man, being a former NSW Police officer and currently entangled in a battle with the same components - I rang what I thought was his police station to be told he was no longer working there. I may not have had the correct Police station but the person who answered the phone did not open up the conversation and did not want to tell me where he was - given that he may have been transferred????!!!!

I also received today a link to a documentary about a Legal Team who are currently representing a large group of people in Canada I think. I will post those details later. I have also been informed by a legal person that the Vatican are currently engaging the services of the most powerful legal representation - on a global level.

People - it would appear something is amiss with the Catholic Church. I will not comment I will just - like you and everyone else - read the information available - share whatever else I know and join the dots.

Much Peace...to all abused Children everywhere...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
its global, and its starting to surface.

if we could break the systems that protect them we could end it, but that would mean breaking ALL OF OUR SYSTEMS

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It is very sad for abused children, agreed....however this problem is everywhere, not just the catholic church..there are pedophilles in the boy scouts, teachers, penn state, Muslims, and possibly some neighbor you know....so is this thread about abused children? Or the catholic church?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I agree with you. I am currently in a situation that I want to utilise to change laws and push for a commission. I am almost at a point where I can speak freely. Given legal boundaries and the fact that I have battled for two years - I just don't want to make a mistake at this point in time by speaking out too soon.

When I am able I will commence a thread on my epic journey. The Catholic Church are seeing many cases of abuse come out into the open - globally. And people just remember that the Catholic Church has an education system with many schools and many teachers and auxillary staff.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Paedophiles are people.
Catholic Priest is only one disguise. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and looks.

Maybe a nutty catholic priest here, maybe the toy shop owner there?

A top politician could be. It seems to become more popular in 'power circles' .

I once had a conversation with a top male model who had been raking it in doing a catwalk season around the world, he said that on tour he wrote a lot of hip hop rhymes about killing the people he met. He said he saw rich old men being brought around the girls all the time, and he said that he'd seen looks on those peoples faces that made him want to kill, because some of the girls were too young.

The problem isnt catholic priests in particular (though they do always seem to go for it), the problem is power.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

This thread is for people to comment on whatever aspect of this topic they please. I am the first to state that the Catholic Church appears to have a bad track record with regard to Child abuse and addressing the problem.

I would urge you to view the video or read through the transcript. This is a professional in a position of authority who has stepped outside administrative protocol - that in itself is heroic - he will no doubt lose his employment. It is people like Chief Inspector Peter Fox who open the doors for the public to see what is really going on.

Much Peace...
edit on 9-11-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Surely there is an element of it in the church ,but i dont think its as 'rife' as they say it is. I mean, if it was surely we'd have endless streams of people accusing, testifying and speaking out about it.

Yes the church can 'cover it up' in some realms, but in todays world with the internet and media, containing somethings a friggen lot harder, especially if the people are really scared.

My dad always said,

'' they are celebate from sex, they prefer the companion ship of young boys and they wear dresses. Thats all i need to know ''

While I dont follow that exact tune, i do believe a fair % of them probably look to get involved in the church because of their access and reputation for boys.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It seems as though there is a re-occuring problem concerning the church, which ever one it may be. I'm so sick of hearing about it actually and the sad thing is that even pedophilia out of the church is a protected act.... The law and religious systems are a joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

www.abovetopsecret.com...

yes, it stinks of corruption. When the police went into a Catholic Church in Belgium to arrest Priests, the Pontiff stated that it was not a matter for them...it was a Church issue.

you will probably find that the Chief Inspector is a Catholic.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Are you catholic? What religion , if any, do you follow ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thanks for the link. I don't know whether the Chief Inspector is a Catholic or not but the fact he overstepped administrative protocols means his conscience kicked in and he had to alert the public to what is really going on. As a former Police officer having first hand experience with police administration - I know that the Chief Inspector would have looked at his options and realised that proceeding through the practised professional avenues would have led him to a brick wall.

He is courageous because the Commissioner has a protocol titled - Commissioners Loss Of Confidence - and even student Police who fail their exams can have the Loss of Confidence protocol applied to them and be excluded by the Commissioner and it can be applied all the way up the chain of command.

I noted that last night the topic was continued on the ABC Lateline show - this time with a priest who spoke out. The priest actually maintained his faith and married in secret. I only tuned in to part of the interview so I don't know the details of his marriage and whether he is still a Catholic priest however I listened as he recounted how he went to his superiors and the Police to report Child abuse. There have been other stories in the news lately - the issue of unaddressed Child Abuse in connection with the Catholic Church is all bubbling to the surface.

Anyone who has looked at any of the Jimmy Savile threads - be aware he was well connected to the Catholic Church as well as the royal family - that is perhaps why he was protected. The Catholic church are not the only point of reference with regard to Child abuse but when joining the dots on all the news articles it does appear that the Catholic church is a focus. Hmmm....

Much Peace...to all abused Children

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Why is religion important? When it comes to Child abuse - black brown brindle polka dots it is wrong wrong wrong and will never be right. If the article was about another religion - it would still be the same - wrong wrong wrong. It is just that the Catholic Church has a history of making the news - locally and globally - with regard to Child abuse and not, it would seem, making too much of an effort to end the abuse by allowing Police to prosecute the offenders.

How would knowing my religion - if any - would that influence your response to a thread I commenced? I am intrigued that you have commented on me rather than the topic of Child abuse or the Catholic church connection.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

You are very right - paedophiles come in many forms and more often than not they gravitate to professions that place them with Children. The story your friend relayed to you - it is sickening but not something that surprises me. People who should know better and probably have Children of their own - we are supposed to respect our elders but some make it impossible to respect them.

It seems many people are speaking out. Even threads like these are an avenue for people to find their voice and perhaps even a trigger for victims. When victims can see that many many many people are on their side and want paedophiles prosecuted and subjected to the law as punishment for Child abuse - it may just help them to find the strength and courage to report the abuse.

At least the law recognises historical abuse - so no matter how long ago - every victim deserves our support and to know we care. We may not have been with them at the time - to stop the abuse but at the very least we are with them now.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Actually you are wrong. I did comment on child abuse and how this issue is everywhere,,,not just the church...go back up 10 comments and see for yourself....I am not catholic, and don't really care if you are or are not catholic. ....I just think its odd you have not focused on this issue in other areas....teachers, boyscouts masons, muslims,etc...so I am getting the distinct impression this is a dual link for an attack against the catholic church as well as pedophiles.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A Chief Inspector of Police here in Australia went public with his concerns at how Child abuse victims are not receiving justice. He was working on a case and was suddenly told to hand it over. He states in the television interview that he knows that evidence is being covered up and destroyed.

The Chief Inspector did not follow administrative protocol and will probably lose his job. The case he was working on and the comments he made during the interview centred on the Catholic church. The Catholic church has been in the mainstream news recently here in Australia and there is a push for a full Commission into the Catholic Church and Child abuse.

The thread is led by the story on the Chief Inspector and his comments - but - Child abuse can be discussed via this thread as it will still be on topic. Any civil discussion has got to help with regard to learning more about this repugnant situation. Children deserve our full protection - but - when people in positions of authority destroy evidence or lie or don't co-operate with Police then the public has to push for change - at the very least.

Much Peace...
edit on 10-11-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Additional information that I stated I would add is this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrhfXAd08TE&feature=youtu.be

It is 1:46:41 mins in duration. Within the first five minutes we are introduced to victims and witnesses. We are also introduced to legal representative from the ITTCS - The International Tribunal Into Crimes of Church & State. The title of the documentary appears to be The International Common Law Court of Justice - although that is only because it was shown on screen during the first five minutes.

Again - it would appear that abuse - particularly towards Children - is fizzing up to the surface all around the globe.

Much Peace...

top topics

join