It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian produced documentry on F-14 service with IIAF/IRIAF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is a surprisingly well done overview of the F-14 in Iranian service including some fantastic pilot anecdotes from the Iran/Iraq war.

There are some glaring omissions such as the Islamic Revolution's total purge of the air force being a significant contributing factor to what should have been a turkey shoot for Iran turning into a quagmire.

With that said, the political rhetoric is minimal with the focus being on the technical details such as aircraft, performance of the AIM-54, mission anecdotes etc.

Anyone who has done much reading on the F-14 in IRIAF service will recognize Tom Cooper's contribution as well.

Enjoy.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There was one show that was produced in Iran, I think it was a fictional series, that used scenes from Top Gun, and other documentaries and passed them off as Iranian F-14s in action. It was pretty funny. I'll have to sit down and watch these tomorrow during our down time.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Very interesting with the input from Aircrew and Fighter Controllers.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I'm surprised, where are our resident pro Iranian military experts?

The video's don't provide any earth shaking revelations to those whose interests have lead them to study the history of the F-14 in Iranian...

However the video's are on par with the History channel's Dogfight's series meaning there are lots of conversations with IRIAF Tomcat pilots and back seaters making fighter pilot motions with their hands (including the famous single AIM-54 triple kill
)

The video's also demonstrate the competency of the IRIAF to continue to operate a very complex weapons system years into a war of attrition while under crippling international military sanctions.

Perhaps I should have titled the thread "Tomcats over Tehran" or some such nonsense?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Iranian pilots are amongst the best in the world,so are the Iranian doctors...As you know most Iranian military and defense technology is been developed under extreme sanctions applied by Americans and their allies....Now Iran makes all kinds of flashy war toys and even sells them to other countries,much cheaper than American and Russian competitors.They might not be as advanced in some cases,but they definitely do the job....And this is a part that plays a big role in a daily propaganda spread about 'assumed' Iranian nuclear issues by the American arms monopoly.

join