It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killing Fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen the movie the killing fields? I think its incredible how things so detached and so evil can be going on in the world at times. It's intriguing to see the life on the collectives, and the brutality of the Khmer rouge. The way they brainwashed the children...
It makes me wonder, if you succeeded in inplanting some sort of fundamental well thought out brainwash in one generation, that was never able to be corrected before the previous generation completely died out, what would happen. Is it happening now?
The truth is that generations are probably all 'brainwashed' to some extent. It's the degree and severity that I think may be the problem. But could our country be brainwashing us in some fatal way that none of us realize? This can go down almost any avenue, what do you guys think? What could so many successive generations of brainwashing lead to?
related: At their current rate of motion, how bad could advertising and media become in the future?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Raph]

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Raph]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That is the million dollar question for North Korea right now. Very few people in that country have known any regime other than the Kims and none have access to the outside world and reality as we know it.

3 generations have been brainwashed into believing, among other things, that the outside world is pure evil and Dear Leader is pure good.

The Khmer Rouge were a small but brutal force of bumpkins who enforced their bogus ideology by way of the AK 47. Cambodians knew it was crap but were powerless to fight back.

With North Korea's 60 years of brainwashing who knows whether the entire nation is as fanatic as the Khmer were.

And howabout the brainwashing of Islamofascists. Or Bosnian Serbs. It amazes me how some people can just hand over their brains.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The extent of this across the world may be enough to ensure that we aren't really yet near to world peace.

join