It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those making grandiose posts on the results of the election...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Attempt to control yourselves, please.

We get it. You are either overjoyed or in ruins because of the election results. You want to praise or blame anyone and everyone.

It's over. Be it by the people's choice, corporate political influence, corporate MSM, brainwashing, MJ12, alien overlords...it's over. Maybe your vote made it's mark, maybe it didn't.

The point i'm making is this; to those posting and to those continuously posting in these threads, you are not doing anything. You aren't making any difference. You aren't positively affecting anyone. You are making threads and posts to get a rise out of folks as the final end, well worded and thought out or not. You are simply throwing a dart into a dartboard that is overflowing with darts.

Look at the title of the sub forum-*Political Madness*. You are a part of this. But no, go ahead and keep trying to wake people up and blame others for this and that.

Get ahold of yourselves. You people could turn a phrase such as"On your average, cloudless day, the sky appears to be blue" into an unrelenting political storm of argument.

If people could focus more on living life instead of arguing moot points on the internet, I can assure you, the world would be a better, happier place.

But no, please continue. It is, after all, the day after election. You have the past four years to get off your chest and best each other. A voice of reason is deaf in a tornado.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
thank you for that

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yup,

Everyone go home and shut up. No need to express anything anymore. Your pleasure or disappointment will not be tolerated.

I guess there's a time limit on free speech and it's been passed.

So accept it...as always. Business as usual.

Sorry OP. You are very wrong here. One of the most important elections ever and you want people to calm down? That has been the problem for too long.

I say let the people rant, scream and shout. It's their right to do so...at least for now.

Duck & Cover.

edit on 8-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It's not expression I have a problem with. It's flash in the pan, cookie cutter whining. It's robotic defense and attacks.

It's an endless cycle. Complaints, accusations, crys and moans.

And if you were to advance these posters, on what they were doing about their stance, their ideals, their freedom of expressions and considerations, what they are out there doing about it, if, IF you got a honest response, it'd go something like this-

"Me?! Well.......I....uh....well.....what I do.....uh......I.....i'm comfortable playing armchair revolutionary in total anonymous style. I....make a difference on the internet by spouting statements without validity. I'm making the real difference!"

Four more years of this. Four more years of that. Not acting on, not doing, not living, but pretending, and calling for others to wake up or stay asleep to the same damn thing over and over.

Every election is the most important ever. Until the next one. Then the last one. And the next after that. And that election 2 terms ago. Over and over.

Let them rant and scream, sure. May they fall on deaf ears, because that's the only true change. To think instead of listen, to act instead of type.

*Both sides are stomping on the head of reason and truth. The boots bear different insignia, but sway to exact the same end. The constant stomping is unending, to each side as truth and validity. The grey matter on the soles are the same, regardless of the insignia.*

I've said my peace in this thread, and I'm off to bed. For now at least.
edit on 8-11-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
It's not expression I have a problem with. It's flash in the pan, cookie cutter whining. It's robotic defense and attacks.

It's an endless cycle. Complaints, accusations, crys and moans.

And if you were to advance these posters, on what they were doing about their stance, their ideals, their freedom of expressions and considerations, what they are out there doing about it, if, IF you got a honest response, it'd go something like this-

"Me?! Well.......I....uh....well.....what I do.....uh......I.....i'm comfortable playing armchair revolutionary in total anonymous style. I....make a difference on the internet by spouting statements without validity. I'm making the real difference!"

Four more years of this. Four more years of that. Not acting on, not doing, not living, but pretending, and calling for others to wake up or stay asleep to the same damn thing over and over.

Every election is the most important ever. Until the next one. Then the last one. And the next after that. And that election 2 terms ago. Over and over.

Let them rant and scream, sure. May they fall on deaf ears, because that's the only true change. To think instead of listen, to act instead of type.

*Both sides are stomping on the head of reason and truth. The boots bear different insignia, but sway to exact the same end. The constant stomping is unending, to each side as truth and validity. The grey matter on the soles are the same, regardless of the insignia.*

I've said my peace in this thread, and I'm off to bed. For now at least.
edit on 8-11-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

It's only been a day...relax.

See ya tomorrow.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hahaha right on and well-said. It's so funny to me that a community of people who are so often preaching about meaninglessness between politicians have become so invested in one candidate or the other, and are all of a sudden acting like it actually matters one way or the other.

I award you a flag

AND A STTAAARRRR!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

thanks again for that as well been saying the same thing

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Each election cycle, it seems to mean less and less in terms of real-world outcomes which side wins.

And yet each election cycle seems to elicit more and more emotionalism from the two sides.

Time to dust off your copy of "1984" and re-read the section I the "two minute hate."

top topics

join