It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been a while, ATS... a long while. It's good to be back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure if any of the old timers may remember me, but I see a lot of familiar names under the staff section. After being a regular in the first 3-ish years of my membership here, other things in life took priority and my time here just ceased. I never forgot about ATS (or BTS, or AbovePolitics.com or IgnoranceDenied!) and over the past couple of years I started returning in a lurking mode. I'd sign on, read for an hour or two then leave. Rinse and repeat every so often.

That brings me to today. Over the past several months, I've felt a need to return here and talk once more. A LOT has changed since I left and it'll take a bit to get acclimated once again. I just wanted to say hello again and it's good to be back. If anyone remembers me, I'm sure I may remember you from back in the day! Check my profile and see any old posts of mine to jog your memory. To everyone else, hello and it's nice to meet you!

I'm not sure what ignited my need to return to ATS after such a long time, maybe yesterday's election, the crazy weather up here in the northeast US or the whole craziness of 2012. Whatever it is, I'd like to be around ATS to see what the buzz is all about. I've definitely missed it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetmike

Welcome back Mike. It's good to see an old-timer back in the saddle. I'm looking forward to reading your take on the topics around here.

edit on 11/7/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Welcome back...though I'm new compared to you...I look forward to meeting you in the forums...

Des

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey, what's going on. The weather is completely crazy around here. Welcome back.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Always nice to see a familiar name return.

Welcome back.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The combination to the executive washroom is still the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hello fellow Northeastener! Welcome back!

CX

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Welcome back Mike

Good to see an old face again.

CX.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nice to meet you too, glad you made it back

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Welcome back ProhetMike!
Been a long time since I've seen your name around here, hope all is well. Always nice to see our old members return home. Yes, a LOT has changed, but at it's core, ATS is still the same and always attracting new and exciting members, as wall as lure our old timers back. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Welcome back out into the open. Don't know you, but will see you out and about. One thing, please do not rant about the good old days!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Hello prophetmike, I remember your user name from reading on ATS over the years, as I have only just joined recently.

Give us all a " Rant " of some type, so that those of us who don't remember you can see your thoughts on various ATS topiics.

For example: Moon Landing, do you think it was real or hoax? The same with the New Mars Rover, Real or Hoax.
Planet X Nibiru any thoughts? and Zacharia Sitchin's Books & Position on the Annunaki, Any Thoughts. BTW, I watch the WWE for the Laughs and The Shakespearian Entertainment Value it displays too. Great Entertainment and ongoing Live View into the Human Condition.

So Yeah, give us all a Good " Update Rant " on any topic that you think is Important. You know how " Polarized " the ATS Members are, no doubt everyone would like to hear your views, and or recent moments of enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, for the warm re-welcome!
It's nice to be back. I have yet to actively start posting but rest assured I will slowly get back into the swing of things. I've been reading more and more, and trying to figure out which forums I'll make my way into. (So many choices these days!)

Let me just quickly respond to some of you and your queries -

@Montana: Thanks for the heads up about the washroom... I was just about to make my way there. Hope you all leave it in good condition!

@TortoiseKweek: All is definitely well! Thanks for asking, I've had the opportunity to grow a great deal as a person in my time away and I hope I can inspire others to do the same!

@Iamschist: Don't worry, my friend.. I'll try my best not to be one of those crotchety old-timers who always go 'BACK IN MY DAY...' -- I understand the times change and people need to change with it. Living in the past is way not healthy. (Although, it was a bit more easier to stand out in the old days!)

@chrisb9: It's good to know that although I have not been here on ATS over the past several years, my posts have still lived on and people still read them. Let me quickly address your points in a quick rant as you asked for using your examples -

Moon Landing: I'll go with it being real for the most part. Certain elements may have been faked to enhance the reality of us being there since technology was so lacking back then.

Today's Mars Rover: I'll say that I believe this is real. The technology has matured immensely since the 60s and it is much more feasible to be able to send a machine to Mars and have it relay images/have us instruct it/etc.

Planet X/Nibiru/Annunaki/etc: This group of topics interest me greatly! I own a copy of the ATS book (written by Jim Marrs, check it out) and this section in that book ('Is God an Alien') is one that frequently re-read. The topic fascinates me, just to say that again. I try not to let my (Lutheran) Christian beliefs cloud my thirst for alternative opinions and topics of conversation. I do believe that this is a topic that is well-founded and has great points that make it definitely a possibility as crazy as it may seem. It definitely seems possible that we could have been the 'test project' (if you will) of a civilization that was simply looking to create a primitive worker. They mixed their genes with ours and boom, created us in the process. The ATS book covers this better than I ever could, but I recall a portion of that section saying that this idea could explain why civilization seemingly popped up out of nowhere and that our DNA goes back to one specific humanoid female in Africa.

I could keep going, but I'm sure I'd be rehashing tons of the same old. Hopefully that gives you some insight into my point of view. Feel free to U2U me (is the private messaging system still called that? haha) or open up a new thread anywhere! Let's talk!

I'd like to once again thank everyone for the warm welcome back.. I appreciate it greatly!

edit on 11/8/12 by prophetmike because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/12 by prophetmike because: fixed up some typos.. boo typos!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, it's out of TP.....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey Mike, yeah i remember you and had a good few chats with some other old timers!

Hope your well

G

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hey, Welcome Back. I too had left here a while back and returned. Unfortunately I had forgotten all my pertinents, mainly password, and had to Re-Make my Identity here. Used SyxPak before.
As someone sharing the same first name as You, I know I will find your Contributions here to my liking. Not Biased am I ?! Lol! Later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You seem like a nice person with plenty of positivity - welcome back !
I'm sure you'll feel like you never left

new topics

top topics

join