It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live in Ohio and I didnt vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by MrSpad
I wonder what would happen if all the people who did not bother to vote, went out and voted 3rd party. That kind of number would be a game changer. Ah never mind just keep sitting on your asses and complaining at home.

Probably nothing considering people did vote for johnson or ron paul and obama still won. They also voted for ron paul in the primaries but because of vote fraud the nomination was blocked. You're right, it's a GAME, so game changers would imply it's still a game. Ah never mind, just keep complaining about non-voters. Why? I don't know. America: you're free to vote, just not free to not vote? Lol. I'm proud I boycotted this election.

hell yeah dude!

only civil duty i have is to pay taxes, and since i pay taxes i can rant about whatever the hell i want to...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec

Originally posted by MrSpad
I wonder what would happen if all the people who did not bother to vote, went out and voted 3rd party. That kind of number would be a game changer. Ah never mind just keep sitting on your asses and complaining at home.

Probably nothing considering people did vote for johnson or ron paul and obama still won. They also voted for ron paul in the primaries but because of vote fraud the nomination was blocked. You're right, it's a GAME, so game changers would imply it's still a game. Ah never mind, just keep complaining about non-voters. Why? I don't know. America: you're free to vote, just not free to not vote? Lol. I'm proud I boycotted this election.

hell yeah dude!

only civil duty i have is to pay taxes, and since i pay taxes i can rant about whatever the hell i want to...

Just FYI, by not voting at least at the local level you may end up paying more taxes for something you don't support.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
So by not voting for anything at all, is somehow "telling" tptb that you don't agree with the "voting game"

Hmm..

And I guess tptb are keeping track of every person that didn't vote and their reasons why..

Hmm..no..

Nope.

Let's say you're thirsty, but you can only have coke or pepsi, and if you vote for mt. Dew, you still get pepsi, and if you say you don't want either, you must now suffer with your thirst? Yes, by not voting, I am saying I don't agree with their GAME. It's a game, like sports or WWF, why would anyone get mad because I voted to not vote?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

but thats my choice...thats a responsibility i took apart in when i decided not to vote. im all for paying taxes, raise them if you have to, ill still be okay

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11
So by not voting for anything at all, is somehow "telling" tptb that you don't agree with the "voting game"

Hmm..

And I guess tptb are keeping track of every person that didn't vote and their reasons why..

Hmm..no..

Nope.

Let's say you're thirsty, but you can only have coke or pepsi, and if you vote for mt. Dew, you still get pepsi, and if you say you don't want either, you must now suffer with your thirst? Yes, by not voting, I am saying I don't agree with their GAME. It's a game, like sports or WWF, why would anyone get mad because I voted to not vote?

nice analogy. and i agree. washington dc is the real hollywood

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

Local voting doesn't matter. Wanna make bets on how quickly the feds "correct" the voters of Washington and Colorado for legalizing marijuana? The game is rigged, so why does the system want us to vote so badly? Because

1. Uninformed people usually vote for the slickest used car salesman and
2. Unwanted votes are flipped through rigged voting easier than if they had to manually insert desired votes.

Everyone says, it's your right to vote, so why are you pissed that I don't vote? It's my choice. It's my right to own guns, but the media doesn't try to guilt me into buying a gun. Think about that.
edit on 7-11-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So because less that 1/4 of this election was about the next President...you didnt vote on ANY OF THE OTHER items on the ballot? Wow.

Thanks a lot.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I don't think u read my previous posts. But I'll say it again...it's not fair to vote for something that you don't take the time to research because you don't care about it. I dont like Sherrie brown because he supports sopa and pipa. But I did not support the other guy. Once again only had two options. Not fair to me or you

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
So because less that 1/4 of this election was about the next President...you didnt vote on ANY OF THE OTHER items on the ballot? Wow.

Thanks a lot.

No thanks necessary, as my local issues probably don't affect you unless you are my neighbor which makes talking to you online ironic, and even if you are in my area, none of the libertarian candidates won so again, thank you's are not necessary. I realize you're being sarcastic but why should you "thank" me for doing something that has no effect on you?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It was the point of you not voting on ONE issue, that of President, and forsaking all the other issues on it..because of one part of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

If I lived in Colorado or Washington I would have voted because it also had issues I was interested in. Then I prolly would have voted 3rd party or Ron Paul. But you shouldn't just vote because people tell you to. Vote because you want to

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

So basically your a pothead that was so busy reaching for the Cheetos you couldn't be bothered to get up and vote right? Just how exactly do you think that issue got on the ballot in those States to begin with? You do understand that two of the issues on the Ohio ballot were for a State Constitutional convention, and an initiative to put the Federal and State district mapping that follows every Census in the hands of a nonpartisan board right? Both of which could very well have lead up to the possibility of getting that issue you actually care about on a future ballot. But instead your apathy has left it up to someone else to do for you. But because you stayed home, you now run the risk of being caught and turned into a criminal way to go champ, way to go.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by filosophia

It was the point of you not voting on ONE issue, that of President, and forsaking all the other issues on it..because of one part of it.

No, I think all the points are stupid, people vote so 51% can rule over 49%, democracy is not what this country was founded upon nor is it intelligent at all, it merely ensures the dumb masses get whatever trinkets the elite wave in front of them, while encroaching on the civil liberties of all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by ninjamikec

So basically your a pothead that was so busy reaching for the Cheetos you couldn't be bothered to get up and vote right? Just how exactly do you think that issue got on the ballot in those States to begin with? You do understand that two of the issues on the Ohio ballot were for a State Constitutional convention, and an initiative to put the Federal and State district mapping that follows every Census in the hands of a nonpartisan board right? Both of which could very well have lead up to the possibility of getting that issue you actually care about on a future ballot. But instead your apathy has left it up to someone else to do for you. But because you stayed home, you now run the risk of being caught and turned into a criminal way to go champ, way to go.

No I was actually working, then after work decided to do some yard work because it was a decent day outside. I voted a couple years ago when it was on the ballot in Ohio for decrimilization for it, but as far as the issues go, didn't see any sort of news on those issues, what they were about an how it was going to affect Ohio. Because in all honestly I'm moving out of Ohio January 14th. So is it really fair for me to vote on issues I don't care about when they won't be effecting me? Is that apathy or is it fair?

But I would have voted pro pot because it would create millions in tax dollars. Plus stop cutting trees down for paper and use hemp
edit on 7-11-2012 by ninjamikec because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join