It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're growing up America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm not going to say good job for something that should have been going on all along.

Tonight:

Two states legalized the use of a natural and unaltered substance in a recreational manner: Colorado and Washington.
In Maine, Washington, Maryland, and Minnesota same sex marriage was approved.
In Wisconsin's first openly gay Senator was elected.

America, you're growing up. Social conservatism to the extreme is repugnant and distasteful, thanks for realizing that. Thanks for realizing a bit of liberty.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Aren't those Issues , Issues that the GOP are against?
I wonder why they lost?
Maybe the US is growing up, Finally.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Say goodbye to this thread.

Two other threads have already been 404'd and they did not contain any personal reference. Just discussion about the law and its implications.

No trolling, nothing against the T&C.

But then again, this site also claims no "political trolling", yet it has become one big political troll.

Just reminded me of why I pretty much quit posting here.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

careful the last thread about the newly legal stuff was suicided...

I had hopes it would persist and set a precedence here on ATS as the general conduct of members within the suicided thread was nothing but positive and constructive...the members were pleased and everyone was seemingly having a good time with their revitalized faith in the democratic process...this of course is unacceptable though.

So tread lightly

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is very tricky, hopefully the admins can work this out reasonably.

But hey, times changing, lets hope its a comfy transition.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I didn't even mention what exactly was legal. If the mods want to "come at me" for talking about Legal Substances, then they can.

I just thought it was, I don't know, ground breaking and relevant, but it the mods say otherwise, then ok.

^^^
EDIT: SO MANY COMMAS
edit on 7-11-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I didn't even mention what exactly was legal. If the mods want to "come at me" for talking about Legal Substances, then they can.

I just thought it was, I don't know, ground breaking and relevant, but it the mods say otherwise, then ok.

yea it is ground breaking and relevant...the last thread that skyrocketed 60+ flags pretty much demonstrated that...BUT...it was still suicided in the end.

maybe if we talk in code!!!! we can just call it a super-food instead of that word that is against the TSA...i mean TOS

I'm so happy Colorado legalized super-foods!!!!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's not so much about "growing up", it's more about adapting to the times. There is no point implying that those with different social ideologies to your own are immature, as all this does is encourage conflict and division. Just see the events for what they are: times are changing and popular opinion on these issues have swung dramatically compared to times past.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It's not so much about "growing up", it's more about adapting to the times. There is no point implying that those with different social ideologies to your own are immature
you are right but thats not where it stops...the immaturity comes from making your social ideologies LAW and turning people into criminals because well...you simply don't "agree" with their lifestyle...THAT is the childish part

as all this does is encourage conflict and division. Just see the events for what they are: times are changing and popular opinion on these issues have swung dramatically compared to times past.

People telling me how to live...creates conflict and division...especially when they do it from some misguided illusion of moral high ground that is completely hypocritical in the presence of the other things they tolerate...

the US society has made mob rule morality the legal standard and has completely oppressed people not to save lives as they like to tell themselves but to simply create the world they want to see and live in by force...

That is pretty damn childish behavior and from my perspective UNFORGIVABLE....regardless I'm not going to lobby and make my opinion law...because that isn't how I roll...
edit on 7-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

top topics

join