It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dear Young Conservative...

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Dear Young Conservative




Dear young conservative,

I hope you are reading this. My ideal reader for this piece is an actual person under thirty years old who self-identifies as conservative. I would like it very much if this letter found readers beyond my typical (and beloved) echo chamber of liberal comedians and comedy fans. If you’re reading this and you’re not a young conservative, I’ll bet you’re friends with one on Facebook and I would love it if you could pass this along to them.

First off: I in no way mean for this to be patronizing. I’m not mocking you, young conservative. I know what it is to be a young conservative. I was one.

...


A very interesting blog-writing, something I think a lot of young conservatives NEED TO HEAR.

What always baffled me is the right-wingers who view themselves as rebels... when everything I see from the system and the powers that be supports (and/or wraps itself in) the right-wing worldview.

I know a handful of young conservatives, and their logic continues to baffle me. They may be, otherwise, very bright, but they intentionally delude themselves and pat themselves on the back. It's a phenomenon I liken to believing that somehow, some way, someday, you're on the side of the good ol' boys and that they and the good ol' boys have each others' backs. IT AIN'T SO...

The most truth, intellect, compassion, freedom (and justified rebellion) I've seen comes from the left-wing, more specifically the far-left/Anarchism.

Beyond that- I think intelligent people (of all stripes) should be ashamed that the right-wing even EXISTS. Especially in the year 2012... the right-wing should be a ghost of the past, but money/power has helped its rotting corpse to hang on to society and leach youth/vitality from it. ENOUGH of that.

The DEMOCRATS should be a relic of the past, the GOP should be LONG LONG GONE, we should be more ADVANCED right now. We should live in a more equitable, free, technologically advanced, sustainable/eco-friendly, science-minded, humanitarian, and respectable society. But we don't.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy
 



The DEMOCRATS should be a relic of the past, the GOP should be LONG LONG GONE, we should be more ADVANCED right now. We should live in a more equitable, free, technologically advanced, sustainable/eco-friendly, science-minded, humanitarian, and respectable society. But we don't.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

Never gonna happen.
Why?
We are human.
Greed, Jealousy, Hate............Human emotions.
Besides, If you think the far left has the answers to the things you listed above you are SADLY mistaken.
Time to wake up. I am sure your dreaming is nice but it's just a dream.
Quad



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The whole time I rad that I felt as if I was being passive aggressively insulted. Conservatives don't have all the answers, neither do liberals, no one has all the answers. And as far as being rebels? I feel as if they liberals my age are the self proclaimed rebels. I have more 'traditional' views. I'm not saying conservatives are better, but that blog did nothing but annoy me.-- A young conservative.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


Here, check this out:

www.infoshop.org...



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


Here, check this out:

www.infoshop.org...

I will check it out but by looking at the site, that is a lot of info and will take time.
In the mean time I would like to ask you a question.

What is your IDEAL view of how America/the world should look?
I mean how do you like to think it should be?



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


So long as the system exists, in all its evils, we should choose the lesser evils.

The lesser evil in the election is almost always Democrats (including now).

The lesser evil in government/economy is Social Democracy.

The best society is an peaceful/egalitarian Anarchistic one. Localized, sustainable/eco-friendly, free, communal, healthy, science-minded, self-sufficient, etc.

Civilization itself is a disease upon this planet, despite any of its benefits/wonders/accomplishments. It cannot be sustained without dragging the rest of the planet's species under its treads, and it has already dragged humankind into enslavement to its governments and economic systems/markets.

The most advanced governments/markets are ones whose citizens enjoy the highest levels of peace, satisfaction, quality of life, health/medical care, intelligence/education, upward mobility/equality, environmental protection, privacy, etc. And the countries that consistently/objectively rank in the top notches (usually far above America) are countries like Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Iceland, etc. These are all Social Democracies.

Ultimately, I believe hierarchical systems lead to corruption and misuse, whether it's hierarchy of power or wealth, doesn't matter. Nobody ought to have more REAL power/wealth over and above other people, at least not anywhere NEAR the level they have in this day and age. The paradox is that higher populations lead to hierarchies, amongst many other ills. We must conscientiously/gradually decrease the world's population. This can be done ETHICALLY by decreasing the OVERALL food supply, but distributing food EQUITABLY so that some people aren't starving while others enjoy gluttonous excess, but so that we also aren't breeding like mice in a surplus of grain (almost literally). It is selfish of us to increase our populations recklessly, it decreases quality of life for everyone and ultimately will lead to collapses as demands upon resources/space exceed what exists or is stable/reasonable/feasible.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by NoHierarchy
 



The DEMOCRATS should be a relic of the past, the GOP should be LONG LONG GONE, we should be more ADVANCED right now. We should live in a more equitable, free, technologically advanced, sustainable/eco-friendly, science-minded, humanitarian, and respectable society. But we don't.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

Never gonna happen.
Why?
We are human.
Greed, Jealousy, Hate............Human emotions.
Besides, If you think the far left has the answers to the things you listed above you are SADLY mistaken.
Time to wake up. I am sure your dreaming is nice but it's just a dream.
Quad


Your defeatist attitude serves these entities for FREE.

Where do you think any of the positive things we have in our lives came from??

It started with a dream. And the will of the person behind the dream to make it a reality.

Human emotions can be overcome and tamed, while not entirely removed.

It will take both sides to make the dream happen but I assure you, it is a reality in the making.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


So long as the system exists, in all its evils, we should choose the lesser evils.

The lesser evil in the election is almost always Democrats (including now).

The lesser evil in government/economy is Social Democracy.

The best society is an peaceful/egalitarian Anarchistic one. Localized, sustainable/eco-friendly, free, communal, healthy, science-minded, self-sufficient, etc.

Civilization itself is a disease upon this planet, despite any of its benefits/wonders/accomplishments. It cannot be sustained without dragging the rest of the planet's species under its treads, and it has already dragged humankind into enslavement to its governments and economic systems/markets.

The most advanced governments/markets are ones whose citizens enjoy the highest levels of peace, satisfaction, quality of life, health/medical care, intelligence/education, upward mobility/equality, environmental protection, privacy, etc. And the countries that consistently/objectively rank in the top notches (usually far above America) are countries like Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Iceland, etc. These are all Social Democracies.

Ultimately, I believe hierarchical systems lead to corruption and misuse, whether it's hierarchy of power or wealth, doesn't matter. Nobody ought to have more REAL power/wealth over and above other people, at least not anywhere NEAR the level they have in this day and age. The paradox is that higher populations lead to hierarchies, amongst many other ills. We must conscientiously/gradually decrease the world's population. This can be done ETHICALLY by decreasing the OVERALL food supply, but distributing food EQUITABLY so that some people aren't starving while others enjoy gluttonous excess, but so that we also aren't breeding like mice in a surplus of grain (almost literally). It is selfish of us to increase our populations recklessly, it decreases quality of life for everyone and ultimately will lead to collapses as demands upon resources/space exceed what exists or is stable/reasonable/feasible.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

lol sounds nice but it's never gonna happen, not the way it is being sold to you at least.
You see someone has to make the decisions to make the changes you seek. In doing so they have absolute power. They decide who lives and who dies, eventually. Whom ever is making these decisions will be corrupted by the power. It is inevitable.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by NoHierarchy
 



The DEMOCRATS should be a relic of the past, the GOP should be LONG LONG GONE, we should be more ADVANCED right now. We should live in a more equitable, free, technologically advanced, sustainable/eco-friendly, science-minded, humanitarian, and respectable society. But we don't.
edit on 6-11-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

Never gonna happen.
Why?
We are human.
Greed, Jealousy, Hate............Human emotions.
Besides, If you think the far left has the answers to the things you listed above you are SADLY mistaken.
Time to wake up. I am sure your dreaming is nice but it's just a dream.
Quad


Your defeatist attitude serves these entities for FREE.

Where do you think any of the positive things we have in our lives came from??

It started with a dream. And the will of the person behind the dream to make it a reality.

Human emotions can be overcome and tamed, while not entirely removed.

It will take both sides to make the dream happen but I assure you, it is a reality in the making.

Yea, You're right. But the reality you're talking about scares the crap out of me. I imagine it would be ok at first but it will be corrupted. No way around it.
Why you may ask.....................because......

Human emotions can be overcome and tamed, while not entirely removed.




top topics



 
3

log in

join