It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I voted, now I feel sick.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
First of all, I could never with a clear conscience vote for Obama or Romney so I voted Johnson for a protest vote and hope he will get 5%.

But even voting I have to trust that my vote will be counted because of all the issues with these electronic ballots which are too easy to change.

Our entire system is a farce to begin with because it is completely controlled with a false dialectic of Left/Right Democrat/Republican propagated by the controlled media that makes Soviet Russia look like amateurs.

So I made a protest vote that won't probably be counted... but what are the options?

I could stay home.
I could give up.
I could advocate and support some extremist group.

All these seem equally useless and pointless.

So I feel sick and trapped in a system that will never change.

So what can we do? Only one thing I know. No matter how futile. Those of us who are fed up in growing numbers need to get in and run for office ourselves. We need to be the change we want to see.

The time to start is now. Get involved, get in place NOW so next elections you can start to make a difference.
edit on 6-11-2012 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I've always advocated that if you want to change the system, you have to get inside it first.

But the problem is that people are to easily swayed by money. They end compromising their ethics and values for fear of losing the financial support.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That's exactly why I don't vote! Democrats and Republicans have cooties! I don't want to catch that bug!

Oh # - wait, I didn't even read the post...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You must be doing it wrong.

5 Reasons Voting is Good for You

Or maybe you're just paying attention. FYI, that means you're being American wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You must be doing it wrong.

5 Reasons Voting is Good for You

Or maybe you're just paying attention. FYI, that means you're being American wrong.

I guess so...

Guess I can't quite get into the whole charade...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by pianopraze

I've always advocated that if you want to change the system, you have to get inside it first.

But the problem is that people are to easily swayed by money. They end compromising their ethics and values for fear of losing the financial support.

We had a throw the bums out locally thing happen of people who were engaging in crony capitalist politics.
Before their first term ended, all of the good people who ran and got elected by a large majority to do the right thing were thwarted and either resigned in disgust or announced they would not be running for a second term.
Every single decent citizen. That is how corrupt it really is. Even on a local level of any size and money base.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's useless supporting a easily corruptible system that is the two party system. No mention in the media of third parties. It's always the Democrips and the Rebloodlicans shoved down our throats until we give in and choose one. It's like asking whether we want coc aine or heroin. If given no third choice, or if they are under the illusion that there is no other choice, the pressured will give in and eventually pick one; but if the pressured, with his or her knowledge of the first two options is presented with a third choice (that being neither), you can bet your bottom dollar they will choose neither. But the media doesn't want that. They want you to buy right into the 'two party' system.

It's terrible. Good thing my people will be returning soon to fix this mess. Thank me later ;-) LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A vote is a start! I know in my state we also have our Federal house reps, our state house reps and several local decisions on the ballot as well today. Not to even mention the 20 something judges and a constitutional convention up for vote as well. Our individual votes may not really make alot of difference on a federal level, but on a local level every vote still counts. I know that my voice may help determine our next 2-4 years of local policy making, and that makes it worth it to me. Our system has it's flaws, like every system does, but I would rather be able to make my own personal decision on what I believe and have the freedom to follow through with what I feel is right. How many places in the world don't get that? Far too many in my opinion.

And Kudos OP for getting out there anyway!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

not even our POTUS believe that. Please google "Obama can't change Washington from the inside" or something to that effect. I would post the link but im on mobile.

So if we can't change it from within then we must change it from outside. forget about votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I suggest you google. "voting fraud government officials caught on tape" or something like that to see just how your local governments really work

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

I guess I am one of the lucky few who knows the faces of my local government. I don't need to google anything, if I have a question I can ask my mayor while we are dropping our kids off at school together. Our city manager and his wife as well as my husbands boss and his wife came to my home with food and distracting gifts for my son when we went through an enormous personal tragedy. Get involved more in your real community and you won't need google to tell you how your local government works.

Have a beautiful day!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

google it please. Worry about your state government. You may be surprised at just how your friends act once they get to the floor of your local legislature. It made me think twice.

But I understand . Its hard to face the problems head on. If it wasn't we would live in a much better place.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Just a quick clarification, they are not my friends, merely local gov't officials in my community.
I agree that things are corrupt because people can be corrupt. I cannot make the choices of another, but I see the changes that I can affect around me. I know my vote counts on a local level.
I am also lucky to live in a small friendly community.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are OTHER proposals that needed voters decisions. Some not-voting for Prz folks seem to have forgotten that...and those issues will now suffer from their absence.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

if you are really honest you have to admit that most "laws" are not made by the legislature of your state or by a decision of the people.

Now days its all done through backdoor regululations. Therefore bypassing any lawmaking process and implementing sais regulations with the power of law.

Its how.much of those "crazy laws" get ya.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you. I was directing that observation to all those that said they werent voting because of one or the other candidate. Thats all we heard. We in Michigan had other issues on that same ballot.

Appointing Emergency Managers to break up the unions, certified background checking of Home Health Care workers, the right to collective bargain, whether to build another Bridge to Canada. We had judges and Sheriff and State Reps, amendments etc, etc.

With all said..we've some members here that said they werent bothering with voting because R.Paul or Romney didnt get it or Obama had it sown up...yadda, yadda.

Then dont fill in the little circle for President....and at least vote for all the other issues affecting us all...thats all.

And sadly friend? We both are right..thanks.

top topics

join