It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No mention of Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Unless I am blind I see no one for Ron Paul today. Why not? It isn't like he disappeared or anything! I would write him in if I could but I also know many people who are writing him in.

So many people were for Ron Paul when he was debating and now no one hardly speaks of him. So I will. Here's to Ron Paul for president!

So how many ARE writing him in? Are you?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
He dropped out, and has no official running mate.

Write his name down all you want, that vote will be thrown out.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Instead of writing in and wasting a vote, vote against your least favorite candidate

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If you want to make an attempt to change the political landscape, I would vote for Gary Johnson. He holds many of Ron Pauls beliefs and stances. I believe you should vote for who you feel most represents your beliefs. But write in votes are a waste of time. I was all for Ron Paul doing the Republican debauchery of a convention, but now that he's out I am for Gary Johnson. He is on the ballot and I just voted for him.
edit on 6-11-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritualStar

My vote is for Gary Johnson. He and Paul's positions are very similar, though Johnson leans a bit more to the left on social issues. If Paul were on the ballot I would vote for him in a heartbeat. Sadly, he is not, and not all write-in votes will be counted. Johnson is on the ballot in 48 states, and although he won't win today, just 5% will give the Libertarian Party matching federal campaign contributions in 2016.

Don't get me wrong, I truly admire Dr. Paul and wish he would be our next president, but I don't think writing his name in is a smart idea. Imagine if all the Paul supporters went to Johnson the kind of statement that would make. Paul disappointed me when he chose not to endorse Johnson, or any of the other candidates for that matter. I understand he wants us to make our own decisions, as we should, but now the votes of liberty-minded folks are going to be scattered all over the place and not directed to where they can make the most impact.

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
He had dropped out of the race so there is no need to mention him.
Most mentioning before was ridicule anyway. Disgusting.

Surprisingly though a lot posts on my facebook are asking about Dr. Paul. I didn't realize how deep into American politics young canadians are.
...or maybe not that deep since they had to ask, depends on how you want to look at it.
Still interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

If everyone thinks it's a waste of a vote, then of course he won't win.

Personally, I would rather my vote go wasted than to vote for my least liked candidate. I don't like any of the candidates, save for Gary, but I don't know much about him. I wouldn't vote for Obama, nor would i vote for Romney. I would vote for who I believe in - not who everyone else thinks i should because someone's name isn't there. Like I said, Ron Paul may not be on the ballot, but he still exists.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes he still exist but if you would like to continue what he started vote for Gary Johnson!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am an AVID Ron Paul supporter.....But I voted for Gary Johnson, since I know he can't win, we just need to get him 5% of the votes for the Libertarian party to receive money for the next election to make a run for it!!

I was going to write in Ron Paul, but I figured if we just get enough people to vote Libertarian, that will suffice!!

Gary Johnson is the next best thing to Ron Paul and I would be perfectly happy with him as POTUS.......

Go GJ.....Gary Johnson 2012!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ron Paul is a non-issue, that's why. Unless you are writing him in purely as a protest vote, he's not a Candidate in this election. The last hope for that died in Tampa and there it ended forever. Dr. Paul announced his plans to retire from Congress as well after this. Personally, I respect the man for everything he's done and believe he's well earned his time to enjoy life a bit. He's put his entire life into service of one form or another and he fought the good fight this cycle with everything he had. It just wasn't enough. Let's see about changing that by 2016.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If I were American, I would just vote for a third party like Libertarian. It's better than simply voting for Puppet A, Puppet B, or just throwing your vote away.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul himself is against write-ins
The votes get discarded

He would rather you vote 3rd party

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Most Ron Paul supporters I personally talk to are going with Johnson. After he announced retirement, it became crystal clear to me, that it was it for Ron. If he don't even want the seat he sat in for all that time, I don't think he actually wanted to be president at all. I appreciate all the man has done in his long lifetime, am a bit sad to see him go, but I respect his decision. Dude has been working a very long time now. I hope he gets to spend some years kicking back and relaxing, knowing him though he will probably be writing a book or two

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All be it some say it's a wasted vote, but my twitter feed is a light with people stating they have written the good doctor in. I would love to see as a count just how many people did so. To see what the full effect of his message was on the american populace... nobody filled town hall meeting, after town hall meeting like Ron Paul did, and leaves no effect on the people who supported him.

My bet is we will be surprised if they ever tabulate the write ins to see just how many people stood for freedom, the constitution, and overall rights.

SaneThinking

Edit: Although I must say those saying they have voted Gary Johnson is about 5:1 as far as Johnson to Paul write ins goes Only person on my twitter feed going Obama was Micheal Moore so far
edit on 6-11-2012 by SaneThinking because: Update

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul is irrelevant.
Gary Johnson will be lucky to get 1%.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Ron Paul is irrelevant.
Gary Johnson will be lucky to get 1%.

If Johnson gets 2% Ron Paul will be very jealous.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

I hope people check their local laws before writing Ron Paul in. This isn't just a vote for a non-candidate because it's a legal matter in some states. Missouri is very clear on the point. No one who runs in the state primary and loses may participate in a write-in campaign. It's not vague.....and there aren't exceptions. In my state at least, his votes won't even be counted as I understand it by that law. Better you write your own name in.

Better yet...this may be lost on some people. but the people counting the votes and seeing the write-ins should sure appreciate the statement it makes. Write in Alfred E. Newman for President.
It's not a new concept, but it makes the point like little else can. If the two main guys aren't twirling someone's baton and Johnson doesn't float your boat either.....give this guy a try.

Be honest now... That's a face anyone can trust, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

I had to laugh at that one. Gave you a star.

top topics

join