It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following Romney's wrong comments about Jeep going to China, Chrysler gives workers day off to vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Presumably for Obama?

The car company that attacked Mitt Romney for falsely claiming it was moving operations overseas is going a step further, ostensibly for President Obama.

Chrysler's vice president of design, Ralph Gilles, tweeted Tuesday that the company gave its entire work force the day off to vote. "Let's go!" he wrote.

UAW has been a stalwart supporter of the president and Obama has campaigned heavily on his decision to bail out the auto industry, particularly in the critical swing state of Ohio, where one in eight jobs depends on the industry.

www.politico.com...

twitter.com...

The Romney campaign has got to regret that whopper.
This is bound to help Obama in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Giving a day off to vote is something the company should do. and workers should vote.

Since the company is running, and there are people working.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I agree. I think only essential businesses should be open so everyone has a chance to vote without having to jump hurdles.

That said, this is a pretty bold political move by Chrysler.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Obama bailing out the auto industry? Chrysler? From what I know Chrysler is an italian company.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Epic. I hope future candidates are paying attention closely to Romney, for what not to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree that all companies should give paid time off for voting..encouraging early voting for the company, that way a employee can choose a day when they can schedule going to vote..

In Florida, people were waiting in line for 8 hours on early voting (governor cut down early voting time significantly for this specific purpose). So, it would literally be giving the employee a day off

To help enable voting is patriotic..its American..and gotta give props to any company that helps the citizens vote.

The governers trying to stop people voting need to be tried for treason imo. Most certainly have the anti-american traitor title hung on them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's a bit nicer move than threatening to fire
everyone if Obama wins, like the Koch brothers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
Obama bailing out the auto industry? Chrysler? From what I know Chrysler is an italian company.

Chrysler Group LLC ( /ˈkraɪslər/) is an America-based, multinational automaker, in global strategic alliance with its majority owner, Italian manufacturer Fiat, since 2009.

Chrysler was first organized as the Chrysler Corporation in 1925.[2] Its core brands are: Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Fiat, and Mopar vehicles and products. The Company is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States.[3]

On June 10, 2009, Chrysler LLC emerged from a government backed Chapter 11 reorganization as Chrysler Group LLC, in alliance with the Italian automaker Fiat.[4][5] Initially holding a 20% interest in Chrysler Group, Fiat's stake was increased to 58.5% (fully diluted) following acquisition of the equity interests held by the U.S. Treasury (6% on June 3, 2011) and Canada (1.5% on July 21, 2011)[6][7][8][9][10] The stake was further increased to 61.8% in July 2012.

Yes and no.
More no than yes though..workers and such here..but corporate money does flow back to the italians.

-wiki (can't be bothered to remove the numbers)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

To help enable voting is patriotic..its American..

The governers trying to stop people voting need to be tried for treason imo. Most certainly have the anti-american traitor title hung on them.

Agreed

The amount of blatant voter suppression in this election has been shocking. Demoralizing almost, considering we pride ourselves on the democratic process and meddle in affairs around the globe in pursuit of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

I find it interesting that the employer would "give" the employees time off to vote when they are already required by law to do so.

Ohio: Time off is required, but no specific limit is listed as long as the time available is “sufficient” time to vote.

blog.workingamerica.org...

The above link has the state law for employer requirements for allowing time off to vote in all 50 states.

I suppose the difference is that Chrysler is giving their employees the entire day off. Good for them! Election day should be a national holiday so that everyone has time to vote without worry of repercussions from their employer.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Are these the same Chrysler employees who forgot to install the spindle nuts to hold the front wheels on the Dodge Chargers?

The only thing holding the wheels on as they drove them out of the factory were the brake shoes keeping the brake rotor in place....holding the front wheels on. They forgot the single nut on the spindles to hold the dang front wheels on!

Chryslers using German designed transmissions, suspensions, engines, components, vehicles ...now sold to Italy and getting outsourced to China......about as American as prisoners making license plates. They too have a few American laborers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I mean Chrysler set everybody strait on the deal.

They didn't "MOVE" jobs over to China.
They "ADDED" jobs over in China.

There words not mine.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Mikeyy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by Mikeyy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join