It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie "Prometheus" as a "knock" to the Annunaki..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by router404

Your OK Router. I liked it enough to bye it too and it made much more sense the second and third times. Still, most of us could have done a more coherent screenplay.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Ah, that makes sense.

You are right though, Just go back farther and avoid the prequel, or just out right do it.
This failed on many levels, and wasted the money the real film should have gotten, or will ever get.

Now they will see the red balances and say, "Oh, well, I guess aliens and ancient aliens are not money makers", and throw away what we WANT to watch.

Crap people, I am almost convinced the people making movies don't watch movies or consult movie goers, until they have already wasted millions, making test audiences about as useful as a condom after unprotected sex.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Best post in the thread

I can see a lot of people whinging and just posting stuff they have read off other online reviews.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by router404
Wow, I feel kinda bad now. I must be one of the only members on ATS who enjoyed the film and has even bought the 3D Blu-ray.

Wasn't looking for any big answers from the film even though there are some fairly obvious ancient aliens hooks into the film. It is just a film. A work of fiction and for about 2 hours it was quite entertaining and fantastically shot.

After reading some of the previous posts though I am now starting to doubt my sanity...
Should I seek immediate psychiatric help for enjoying the film?

Thats how Im feeling too. I guess some people are WAY too over observant when it comes to a movie. If your gonna be doing all that, then you should find a job as a Film critic where you can make money crapping all over peoples hard work/works of art.

I simply enjoyed the movies story and visuals. I dont think im too psychotic though, I can still tell when im simply being fed bull####.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by prevenge

I think it was more of a reference to Christianity as they kept mentioning the date 2000 years ago etc. But as the guy who made it refuses to actually say what it all means i think its been left open to interpretation because it makes the story more interesting, rather like the 'case with the golden light' in the film Pulp Fiction.

We'll find out in due course, I think there's plans for another two films in the franchise. In any case Ridley Scott isn't going to give up anything when theres money to be made from a directors cut. IMO this film is aching for a directors cut or extended version.

there IS one out now.
look for it on youtube you'll see previews.. looks pretty cool.. alternate endings deleted scenes etc..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
mods... can we change the thread title to "let's discuss whether you liked the movie Prometheus or not" ?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I loved the movie despite all of it's silly faults.

I've watched almost 3 hours of the bonus features and documentary on the making of the film and so far it has nothing to do with the Anunnaki. No one has even mentioned the name Anunnaki. Also I don't believe Ridley Scott's membership to the Hollywood Illuminati was ever approved. He was rejected in 1985 for refusing to change the ending to Legend.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hmmm it also like the story of lucifer. I've heard it said that mankind shunned the creator and tried to go it alone. It was agreed, and scince then we have been lead as a whole by the illuminati.... If they succeed they become gods.

Now looking at the film plot as a message instead of a story..... Shun the mother effers that want to enslave you for their own gain,..... Leap frog.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In addition to everything everyone has said already, what I found not believable and slightly irritating is the whole attitude the crew had. Without knowing for sure, this is a new planet with a confirmed alien presence...and people were disappointed that these aliens weren't around any longer, or at least on the planet. So the existence of extraterrestrial life is confirmed; they are not alone in the universe, and not a single person is excited about that. It blew my mind!! All the questions about UFOs and ET and no one cares! What!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I think the confirmation issue, in fairness, was only an issue for the heroine and her unfortunate lover, and perhaps the biologist. The others were basically mercenary in their attitude toward the mission as a whole. However, none of that takes away from just how much crap this film was.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Ever think perhaps Hollywood simply reads conspiracy boards and will use what WE create to be afraid of..to make money?
Prometheus to me, was like the precursor to Alien. Nothing more.

While I like to think that UFOs present humankind with greatest possible mystery, UFOs take a backseat to the mind. Why is why some people look at a "Hollywood" movie and are convinced that they witnessed reality and being naturally gullible the contents of the movie become "real knowledge".

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Ever think perhaps Hollywood simply reads conspiracy boards and will use what WE create to be afraid of..to make money?
Prometheus to me, was like the precursor to Alien. Nothing more.

While I like to think that UFOs present humankind with greatest possible mystery, UFOs take a backseat to the mind. Why is why some people look at a "Hollywood" movie and are convinced that they witnessed reality and being naturally gullible the contents of the movie become "real knowledge".

It's speculation, man.
It's intuitive thinking, detective work. And it's fun.

Major Ed Dames worked on remote viewing projects for the department of defense. He had to sign a contract saying that anything that he experienced during his tenure with them, that IF he went and made money from the elements he witnessed or participated in ... as books, screenplays, movies, games, merchandise.. that it was under severe penalty, to be classified as FICTION ... AND the pentagon would take a 30% cut of the income.
(imagine what else you see in film and tv is fabrications of original fact...)

mix that with the fact that X-files creator Chris Carter took a significant amount of counseling and consultation from top CIA personnel...

AAAND that the majority of all major motion picture studios were founded by freemasons.

there IS an esoteric agenda at hand.. and in large it involves steering public opinion. this is accomplished through plato's cave... ie: the theater. the tv, the silver screen, and music.

if it's too much for you to swallow in one dose.. then you may have to spend some time arguing about it to convince yourself that it is impossible.. or somehow.. for whatever reason... unlikely that a group of people who share the same agenda.. to NOT orchestrate such phenomena.
edit on 11/7/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
I loved the movie despite all of it's silly faults.

I've watched almost 3 hours of the bonus features and documentary on the making of the film and so far it has nothing to do with the Anunnaki. No one has even mentioned the name Anunnaki. Also I don't believe Ridley Scott's membership to the Hollywood Illuminati was ever approved. He was rejected in 1985 for refusing to change the ending to Legend.

i suggested that it was in a metaphoric phrasing of the concept.... not "hey this is the annunaki people we just met"

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Prometheus was the very worst sci-fi movie I have ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on.

I barely ever watch any movie because basically (in my views and tastes) 99.99% of what is released is utterly useless, stupid, disappointing in most mays and surely not worth the note spent to go and watch it or buy it.

But you're wrong. Prometheus is far from being the worst. There are much worse ones. Much much worse.

Let's start with the Men in black. Let's go on with the Independance day. And many others I won't even bother to talk about.

Prometheus, to paraphrase the title of the thread, is just a knock... in the face.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
No the real problem is not the film its members of this site that always want to see a hidden/message or conspiracy in every movie especially if it's sci-fi related.

How many threads do we have on here that try to tie in the release of a certain genre of films as a message or hint, if we get similar films released within a few days/weeks/month or so of each other then that's what some people on here assume

If its films about aliens it's quoted as a possible hint to invasion/they are already here living with us/Nibiru and other BS like that!

NO how about it just a movie made to entertain, these things happen in cycles one year it's sci-fi, then war films, then fantasy,we get a group of movies released with a similar theme that's all, it's the flavour of the month so to speak look back its always been like that

When Harry Potter came out was that to warn us we would be overrun by wizards, when sword & sandals epics appear does that mean watch out for an invasion of Romans or Greeks NO!

Some people here need to take a break from their conspiracy fascination and enjoy movies for what they are entertainment.

edit on 7-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
enjoy movies for what they are entertainment.

If only they could be entertaining at least. They're just boring. There are no more good movies. Only tasteless copies of what has already been made. There are no more great actors, there are just a bunch of good looking, non smoking, idiots who had to do it 60 times before the scene is good. There are no more good scenarios, only stupid plots that everybody can see coming after approximately 4 seconds in the movie.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

I have to disagree with you I am afraid. When one goes out to make a comedy sci-fi, one does not expect, or indeed recieve a highbrow sci-fi that makes you chuckle. You do get a hilarious spectacle. With Independance Day, what did you expect? Its got aliens, Will Smith, and Jeff Goldblum, and is heavy on the SFX. People did not go to theatres to see that, expecting a tour de force of futurology, because there was no way they were ever going to get that.

However, Prometheus had pretentions of class and substance which it never matched up to.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
Also I don't believe Ridley Scott's membership to the Hollywood Illuminati was ever approved.

hahah so funny.
source- this official masonic site - freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Aliens (1986) Sgt. Apone, played by Al Matthews in a strong sympathetic role, wears a masonic ring. [00:28:07] Directed by James Cameron, written by James Cameron and David Giler. Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Paul Reiser, Bill Paxton, William Hope, Jenette Goldstein, Al Matthews, Mark Rolston, Ricco Ross, Colette Hiller, Daniel Kash, Cynthia Dale Scott, Tip Tipping. 137 min. USA | UK, English, Eastmancolor, Dolby. *

American Gangster (2007) Ted Levine, as Det. Lou Toback, wears a masonic lapel pin [0:13:18]. Directed by Ridley Scott, written by Steven Zaillian and Mark Jacobson. Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, Roger Guenveur Smith, John Hawkes, RZA, Yul Vazquez, Malcolm Goodwin, Ruby Dee, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Carla Gugino, Skyler Fortgang. 157 min. USA, English, Colour, Dolby. (Action) *

granted the alien sequel was a Cameron film.. but no doubt they're buddies.
masonic inference doesn't "mean" masonic membership...

but you can freaking do the guesswork... it fits a bit more snugly having this info at hand.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
when i go to a movie like prometheus, i know it's a fantasy sy-fy film, no message, no nothing....i get some popcorn and take a fantasy ride for a few hours, before i have to return to the bland, and hard reality of life. it's an escape, i'm not wealthy enough to hop on my yacht, and sail around the carribean for a few weeks, so i take what i can get.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
when i go to a movie like prometheus, i know it's a fantasy sy-fy film, no message, no nothing....i get some popcorn and take a fantasy ride for a few hours, before i have to return to the bland, and hard reality of life. it's an escape, i'm not wealthy enough to hop on my yacht, and sail around the carribean for a few weeks, so i take what i can get.

sounds like me as a kid in church.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join