It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Voting Machine Altering Votes: Pennsylvania

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

...and the election fraud of Tagg Romney's voting machines begins.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
More than one comment in the Reddit thread reflects this finding in Pennsylvania also:

echolog
I just voted in PA, and luckily my machine didn't do this, but I have heard some people saying that if they press 'Straight Democratic', it will leave the Presidential field blank.

Some similar stories on The Brad Blog also.

They're also asking for photo ID, which they're not supposed to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by mal1970
As several other posters said, this is almost certainly a faulty machine

Which is fraud of a different type -- government contractor being paid incredibly high prices for horrible hardware/software that in all reality appears to be bad on purpose.

they dont even use encryption software capable of addressing a man in the middle attack,
something that can be done NOW with current software,

without addressing this fact how can any centrally tabulated result be trusted?

xploder

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Common sense dictates voter fraud would not happen at the obvious, recordable, voter level. I would certainly hope anyway.

As a troublershooter, the person did not say whether they attempted to clean the screen - The number one cause of touch screen glitches - In attempts to solve the problem.

So long as the voter is still ultimately able to cast their vote of choice, I don't see the issue.
This is one instance, out of how many votes cast today?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They are asking for ID, but it is not required. Maybe you didnt see the news over the past 6 months or the commercials they keep showing saying you "should" show you ID but it is "not required". It should be required and would have been if Obama's appointed judge didnt strike it down. This allows for illegals and others to vote numerous times and also for dead people, which never gets investigated for some reason.

I live in PA and waited 3 hours to vote this morning. When they finally got the machines authorized to register votes a few people said if they selected Romney, Obama was selected. They quickly stopped using the machines and went to paper ballots. Shortly after the machines were working again.

The issue with candidate selection seems to be a calibration issue. When the machines are turned on the person setting them up hits the touch screen crosses which calibrate the screen too quickly, too low or too high. I highly doubt it is fraud.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jiggysmb because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggysmb
They are asking for ID, but it is not required. Maybe you didnt see the news over the past 6 months or the commercials they keep showing saying you "should" show you ID but it is "not required". It should be required and would have been if Obama's appointed judge didnt strike it down. This allows for illegals and others to vote numerous times.

I live in PA and waited 3 hours to vote this morning. When they finally got the machines authorized to register votes a few people said if they selected Romney, Obama was selected. They quickly stopped using the machines and went to paper ballots. Shortly after the machines were working again.

I live in PA, too, and if it's not required then they shouldn't ask for it. Your voter registration card is sufficient, finis, end of story. How many people have been living under a rock since last summer and don't know that? Especially the elderly.

It's the principle of the thing. Oh, wait, the GOP doesn't have principles. My bad.

ETA:

www.post-gazette.com...

Melissa Bancroft of Peters said she spotted an inaccurate sign about the state's voter identification law at her polling place at St. Benedict the Abbot Catholic Church. The sign read "First time voter must show photo ID."

She said she planned to call the Washington County Election Office to report the problem.

In Butler County, there was confusion about requirements for identification.

Outside one of three polling places at the Cranberry Municipal Center in Rochester, an election worker was shouting to the line of voters waiting to cast ballots to "have your ID ready," though a court decision issued several weeks ago ruled that identification is not required for most voters in this election.

Several people in the line grumbled, questioning why they were being told to ready their ID in light of that court decision.

Afterward, an elections judge contacted Butler County elections bureau director Sherry Brewer for clarification about the protocol.

She said she was concerned that the general announcement would imply that ID was required and that some people may have turned around and left before entering the polling place and finding out that the ID was a request, not a requirement.

"I advised them they should not be making any general announcements like that," Ms. Brewer said.

She explained that the poll worker was attempting to "move things along but it could have and should have been handled better."

She said poll workers were told they could ask that the ID be produced but to be clear that it was not required.

So, they're still asking. What a crying shame and a mockery of our Constitution.
edit on 11/6/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And from further down the article:

And near Philadelphia

With a heavy turnout across the Philadelphia region, election officials were scrambling to instruct voters on the state's most recent rules on photo identification but were giving out bad information.

The Committee of Seventy election watchdog agency said one of the biggest problems in the city and suburban Philadelphia counties was poll workers telling voters that they needed to have voter ID before they could cast ballots.

"There's a lot of honest misunderstanding, and maybe some not so honest," said Zack Stalberg, the committee's CEO. "There's a good deal of confusion."

Mr. Stalberg said there numerous polling sites across the region that were handing out old information saying that voters needed to produce identification for the current election.

"There are reports from all over, both the city and the suburbs," Mr. Stalberg said, adding that his organization would try to determine whether the problems was part of any voter suppression effort.

Some polls were simply so swamped that election workers stopped asking about ID or trying to explain the plan for requiring identification next year.
[/qupte]

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for posting this SO.

I wasn't sure what the forum rules were regarding mention of Reddit on here or not. I always check my feed when I first get up and have my morning cigarette. I saw this and thought if I had the time, the ATS community might like to have a look-see.

I propose that when you vote, your ballot has a unique serial number printed on it.

When you turn in your ballot, you get a receipt that you voted with your ballot number on it and a US Gov. website to go to later.

On the aforementioned website, you can enter in your ballot number and see that your ballot was counted, and if it was counted correctly.

No names or other personal idenfifying information would be on the reciept or the web page you load to check.

I think this would ELIMINATE election fraud -- which is not what the GOP was screaming about pre-election day. The GOP was arguing about voter fraud which is when dead people vote, people vote more than once, ect, ect.

Election fraud is exactly what the video shows. Manipulation of the election process itself.

We need to move away from private companies making and servicing these machines. The government itself should handle voting machines and ballot counting. I don't want even the slightest chance a private company might be swayed by a SuperPAC or a rich candidate with corporate ties.

THIS is how we fix our elections!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Voter fraud is a very serious crime, tantamount to treasonous behaviour against the people of the nation. Where voting machines are used, extra security measures need to be imposed. I propose the following...

Once a voter casts his/her vote on the machine, they then go to a screened table away from the voting floor. At the table sit two people, one for Democrats and one for Republicans, both of whom have been officially sanctioned by their parties to represent them in this endeavour.

The voter then declares whom he/she has voted for to both party representatives at the same time, and his/her vote is entered into a 'vote'/'no vote' register, and is then handed a slip from both representatives that is a photocopy of the details entered.

This way, real-time random checks and post-election results can be made against the computer vote, and any variance must be investigated, with the result held as void until the investigation has been completed, with high penalties of either fines or imprisonment of the CEO of the company.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I get 99% of my info from Abovetopsecret.com and members threads and comments, the other 1% is from msm.

Me too. Usually ATS has the news hours sometimes days before the msm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It only makes sense that some ID should be required, it's not exactly police state stuff. Here you need a driving licence/passport and a utility bill to prove you are who you say you are.

The use of electronic machines in a voting scenario is frankly, buck stupid, what's worse if bad instructions are being given out, and there are faulty machines, people are entitled to think that dodgy votes are going to get under the radar.
That Romney has association with these machines, no matter how tenuous, beggars belief, although that was highlighted on You Tube tv a while back.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Either the touch-screen is faulty (What isn't faulty in the USA?) or there is a program error in which "click Obama" (hate him) is really "Click Romney" (Hate him as well.)

I didn't vote, because it has brought nothing but more sorrow.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There's quite a few news stories saying the same thing.....just in the opposite direction....Just do a youtube search on "Obama rigging votes" or "Romney rigging votes". And whoever you're voting for, it's the OTHER guy who's guilty, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
the link didn't work. here is the address

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

They're also asking for photo ID, which they're not supposed to do.

It's supposed to be a dry run. But lack of ID will not affect your ability to vote. I think this is a great idea to ascertain exactly how requiring ID will affect the voting process. And this data will be utilized in determination as to whether ID will be required next time around.

edit on 6-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

I live in Pa and was asked for my id. I laughed and told them I did not need one.
They did not give me a problem after that.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
And here we go! It's a 2000 re-dux! I should have got cable for this. All the fighting is bound to be entertaining.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So why do these people keep asking for ID? Something is really strange...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
CNN just had a blip on this video.

They said it was taken offline, re-calibrated and everything was all good now. I wonder what the heck took them so long and what portion of the votes have been counted ...or deleted.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Didn't read all the posts...just heard a minute ago on one of the MSM channels that a machine in Ohio was pulled offline because it was changing Obama votes to Romney votes...

Take it for what it is worth...it was a TV media outlet...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join