It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Voting Machine Altering Votes: Pennsylvania

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What on earth is wrong with the good old paper and pencil ballot?

It's what we Brits do.....Oh, no wait, last election the Conseratives got in, to this day, I still have no idea as to why...Given that I cannot find one person who voted for them

Believe me I really have tried !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Wait, so you can just walk in, ask for a ballot and vote? You don't have to give them any info?

Every time I've voted I had to at least tell them my name if I didn't have my voter ID card. They have these huge books and look my name up in it to see if I'm registered.

I think you should have to be a registered voter to vote...and that's it. You should have to show your voter ID card, and if you don't have it -- another piece of ID that they can look up to see if you're registered.

I don't agree with just letting anyone and everyone just walk in and grab a ballot like it's an drawing for a new snowmobile.

Edit to add: And I am NOT a GOP/Republican supporter. I just think if you want to vote, take it seriously and register. Besides, a voter ID card can be used as another form of ID. I like having multiple forms of ID.
edit on 6-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

In this technological world it is a good way to get the vote results immediately. It however is just another tool for corruption unfortunately. It was a good idea but fails and falls short of the goal.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Another reason I like ATS for my news is that members seem to have truly fair and balanced views for the most part. I can ask questions from some of the most brilliant minds on the internet without feeling like a dunce.

For me it has always felt like a microcosum of the planet, and we always seem to have members on the scene worldwide when things go down. I have sat with people during earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, riots, and so many other situations both negative and positive. I trust that I am getting the truth which I always doubt from msm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Irrespective of the authenticity of the video, when voting in the modern age ;
Can an electronic system be trusted ?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow that's insane, well I suppose we'll figure it out after today. Obama 2012.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Reports Of Voting Machine Problems, Vote Flipping Begin to Pour In

Multiple reports of electronic voting machine irregularities have begun to pour in from all over the country as Americans take to the polls today.

Yes it's Infowars. It's a list of external sources. Vote flipping on both sides. Faulty machines.

Is this voter fraud? Well, like SkepticOverlord said, sure. Fraud in the people's money spent on over-priced, but faulty machines, but not the "got'cha!" of vote manipulation. Like i said, that happens on the back end away from the view of the little people.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
WP is keeping tabs on all the vote irregularities;

Roundup: Voter irregularities

this particular incident hasn't made it to that list, and honestly without independent corroboration it may never be. At least the video evidence helps.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I used this same type of machine in Pennsylvania to vote today.

After you select your choice and proceed to the next screen, you have the opportunity to review all of your choices. If anything is not correct, you can go back and start over. It is not until you are sure that everything on the last screen is correct that you "submit" your vote. The next screen then tells you that your vote has been submitted.

If anything is not working right, you have the chance to not take the last step and "submit". It is deceptive to think that just because your touch screen is not working right, that you might "accidentally" vote for the wrong person. If you have any trouble at all getting to the last screen with your selected options, I would think that anyone would speak up and be sure the helpers take you seriously. They are there to help, and would help.

By the way, in response to a few posts above - in PA, I was not asked for ID. But, I did need to sign my name next to my name on the list of registered voters. So no, you can not just walk in and vote without at least identifying that you are a registered voter and which one you are. But a few of the people working the election greeted me by first name, because they know me from the neighborhood, so I guess they would not have needed ID.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If someone were to manipulate the software for voting machines, why would they make it so visually obvious? Why make it visually select the wrong person, and let voters know there is an issue?

It would make much more sense to manipulate the software so that people are completely unaware. For example, if you visually select one candidate, the vote will actually go to another secretly.

I see no reason to visually make it so obvious. That leads me to believe these are just faulty or old touch screen issues.
edit on 6-11-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
WP is keeping tabs on all the vote irregularities;

Roundup: Voter irregularities

this particular incident hasn't made it to that list, and honestly without independent corroboration it may never be. At least the video evidence helps.

Apparently he has been contacted by CNN...they were corresponding with him on Reddit. He is scheduling interviews etc. He offered the RAW video data. If it is a hoax he is going the distance.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey I have a great idea for a way to create more jobs!

Lets do away with ALL electronic voting apparatus and go back to counting individual ballots. Put the money we would have spent on electronics, and pay real hardworking people as well as develop new safeguards for the old system to ensure less voter fraud!

Wait whats that? You say its harder to rig elections when there is paper ballots that can actually be recounted? My bad!

Nothing to see here, please move on.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
MALFUNCTIONING VOTING MACHINE FIXED

"A malfunctioning voting machine that went viral after a voter videotaped it has been fixed and put back online in Perry County.

A state official says the central Pennsylvania voting machine has been recalibrated and is back into service after it switched a person's vote from one candidate to another"

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

I guess its no joke
edit on 6-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminated0ne
If someone were to manipulate the software for voting machines, why would they make it so visually obvious? Why make it visually select the wrong person, and let voters know there is an issue?

It would be the easist hack. The touch screen hardware/software interface is seperate from the software internals which record input with various required security protocols etc. Just a laymans guess.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
eastern pa checking in and no problems with choice of candidates for me, but my machine was different than that one.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The same articles floating around claiming this problem also state,

In North Carolina, Kansas, and Ohio, some electronic voting machines recorded votes for Obama even when voters had selected Romney. Joan Stevens, a voter in Marion, Ohio, told The Marion Star that it took her three tries before her vote for Romney was recorded properly.

But that part is being overlooked.....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well, most of the stories I have seen are about the exact opposite. Romney votes being marked for Obama.

At least four states have reported that issue.

So, I find it suspicious that only now do we see a single supposed case of the opposite occurring. I would submit that this might have been set up to make it seem as though all those other cases were simply faulty machines that needed recalibrated. I would also submit that, since no one reported issues like this in the past, as far as I have been able to tell, this is something new to THIS election. Considering all the other fraud, intimidation, illegal influence at the polls, and violence (all listed on my thread with links), I really can't look at this as anything but a diversion, to make the guilty parties look innocent.

Now, that said, I do not want ANY fraud, from either side. Anyone committing such fraud should be prosecuted. This is supposed to be a free country, not some backwater regime with controlled elections. All of these cases prove one thing; we MUST have investigations into these allegations, and we MUST insure that only valid, eligible citizens can vote, that they vote only once, that their vote is not bought or influenced, that no one is threatened. never in my life have I seen so many of these cases, and the vast majority are allegations against Democrats. I know that not all Democrats would support cheating; have known some fine people in that party. Those doing these things (and yes, any on the Republican side as well) are giving their party a very bad name.

Edit to add: According to this link:

machine fixed

...the machine in question was fixed, and is back in service, so it does look as though there was actual resolution. At least we know someone is looking into these cases. In the ones where Romney votes were reported as going to Obama, I also read that those machines were recalibrated as well. We can hope that this is simply faulty equipment, but I still wonder. In any case, if you have not voted yet, and use a touch screen, CHECK that ballot before you submit it! I certainly reviewed mine carefully. Hope everyone is able to get out there and vote.
edit on 6-11-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional info on machine in question

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by KoolerKing

Wait, so you can just walk in, ask for a ballot and vote? You don't have to give them any info?

Every time I've voted I had to at least tell them my name if I didn't have my voter ID card. They have these huge books and look my name up in it to see if I'm registered.

I think you should have to be a registered voter to vote...and that's it. You should have to show your voter ID card, and if you don't have it -- another piece of ID that they can look up to see if you're registered.

I don't agree with just letting anyone and everyone just walk in and grab a ballot like it's an drawing for a new snowmobile.

Edit to add: And I am NOT a GOP/Republican supporter. I just think if you want to vote, take it seriously and register. Besides, a voter ID card can be used as another form of ID. I like having multiple forms of ID.
edit on 6-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

I think there are about 8 or 9 states that you can register and vote they same day... voting and voters rights vary from state to state.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Maybe it will offset all the votes being switched from Romney to Obama in Ohio and other places.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverWraith
The same articles floating around claiming this problem also state,

In North Carolina, Kansas, and Ohio, some electronic voting machines recorded votes for Obama even when voters had selected Romney. Joan Stevens, a voter in Marion, Ohio, told The Marion Star that it took her three tries before her vote for Romney was recorded properly.

But that part is being overlooked.....

is this an attempt to water down what happened

its being overlooked because its fabricated...just saying

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join