It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control, sterilise the masses??!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS….

Something that has been on my mind for quite a while now…

There are so many poor babies in this world that live/are born at a disadvantage….. they are disadvantaged from birth, purely because of who their parents are and the decisions that they made prior to bringing them into this world… now, I know this is going to be controversial.. but I’m going to say it anyway…

Why not instigate a method of means testing people before they have children…

I am a great believer that should you wish to propagate the species you should not only be of sound mind and body, you should also be aware of the responsibilities of raising a child, not to mention be financially secure and able to give that child the tools it needs in order to flourish.

To grow our slightly broken society beneficially we need people of good moral standing, and these people tend to come from families with the same values… and these values tend to be born from working for a living, having self-respect and maintaining a decent level of intelligence.

The breakdown of our society is apparent, the masses live off the lies of the media, more influenced by fashion and popular culture than ever before… they lack a moral compass.. and I am a firm believer that it is the lack of parental moral guidance that causes this situation.. I see it every day.. parents that can’t control their children, or simply don’t want to control their children as they would much rather have a “friend” relationship with them… it’s called modern parenting… but unlike many other areas of life and personal development there are black and white issues here, solid guidelines based on common sense…. things that a parent simply HAS to do when raising a child in order to impress responsibility, social awareness and sound moral values on a child…

So, how could this be achieved??….. could we possibly consider sterilising the masses at birth, allowing them the privilege of having children when they can prove they have attained the values/education/financial stability necessary for raising a healthy well balanced child? At this point the sterilisation could somehow be reversed….. (Hey, I’m no doctor, not sure about the science of it all!).

Could people be fitted with some kind of device under the skin at birth that stops them from having children until they have completed “the test”.

What form would this test take? Who would be responsible for judging people? So many questions…

I know people claim that it is a fundamental right to be allowed to have children.. and this thread will probably turn into a debate on that….. but I just don’t think we can afford, as a society, to allow some people to make this decision themselves… I’m sorry, but some people are just not responsible enough to make such big decisions themselves… and yet presently, they are allowed to bring as many children into their own personally created mess as they wish… and indeed often do, due to a lack of understanding of the world around them and contraception issues…

It is these people, these people that don’t have the COMMON SENSE, let alone the required financial stability with which to support and raise a child successfully, that need to be stopped.

Personally, I have had enough of supporting these people with my taxes so they can make poor decisions based on warped values and desires…. While the rest of us suffer and wonder if we can ever afford to have a child ourselves….

Discuss.

PA

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Why not just drop a bomb on the majority of people?

Next.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry, but you can't have a Bill Hicks avatar and espouse forced birth control over others..

,,,,it is against the law

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Too obvious. The elite don't want to induce a martyr movement.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Not really a great method of means testing.... although, if you could aim accurately enough!

PA

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Only education, not sterilization, can work.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

And why not? Just because I like the man's material doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he has ever stated...

Yeah, it's illegal, but then drinking alcohol was illegal once in America... as was marrying a same sex person or treating a black person as an equal...

Things change... and our values as a society change and adapt as and when required... usually based on common sense and deeper understanding... Just beacuse it is illiegal doesn't necessarily mean it is bad for you... laws ar emade for other reasons than to protect people.. and to think otherwise is naive..

PA

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Yes. So the education system is currently educating young kids that homosexuality is preferable, that man needs to stop making babies, because other wise nature is going to be angry.

Already happening. Viruses like polio started going back, but surely the Big Pharma (did you know Bayer came from a Nazi doctor) are not behind this.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That why the world is in the state it is because of always blaming the poor. For generations in the UK the country has been built up by the likes of the people you want to prevent from breeding, Lets look at the so called elite in fact lets just concentrate on the Royals, The Government, Celebrities, Bankers, Middle Class. How many sewers have they maintained how many manholes have they built, David Cameron lives in a £3 million house and this Fcker has not laid one brick in his life. Myself I have built telephone exts, schools, houses and paid all taxes and had private insurance. A roof I was working on collapsed due to rotten timber and I ended up disabled. The bank was the first to refuse to pay out then offered a final settlement that was not enough and I had to go bankrupt. Now Im in a rented property and on benefit and Im classed as scum etc etc by people who have never in my mind contributed to society, MPs contribute nothing we constantly elect public school idiots. Regarding hunger' the world produces plenty the fact that our elected leaders use a third of crops for bio fuel shows how crazy we all are to let this go on. Governments have done away with apprenticeships and created no clear path for our kids and now the poster of this thread wants to punish the poor by restricting breeding, why not restrict Roayls breeding, MPs etc etc. If this world went tits up who do you think would survive in a free for all, yes some would die, myself within 28 days as Im type 1 diabetic and if money collapses then no one will make insulin or other medicines. But I cant see any hope for our world now and a cleansing maybe the best think for the future but no way can we let present leaders who got us into this mess do the cleansing. In my mind your average sewrage worker is worth a 100 MPs. I would love to see how the elite and office workers survive in a total breakdown without their uniformed thugs carrying out their whims against the poor in the world, Money is only paper and once it goes then we will see who really is scum and the takers in society, would david cameron know the first thing about repairing a roof planting food no and niether do out kids who are in school from 9am to 4pm from 5 to 16 and leave school knowing nothing and the poster wants to blame them, God help us all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I agree with you in theory, only people that are ready should have children.

Childrens right to a good upbringing > so-called "right" to procreate

However, in reality I have doubts this would be wise. Wealthy countries can already take care of their kids quite well, with child protection services handling the exceptions. Poor countries lack the means to manage this mass sterilisation anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
reply to post by rival

And why not? Just because I like the man's material doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he has ever stated...

Yeah, it's illegal, but then drinking alcohol was illegal once in America... as was marrying a same sex person or treating a black person as an equal...

Things change... and our values as a society change and adapt as and when required... usually based on common sense and deeper understanding... Just beacuse it is illiegal doesn't necessarily mean it is bad for you... laws ar emade for other reasons than to protect people.. and to think otherwise is naive..

PA

Here's one of my first threads Coming Global Crisis, Population Reduction, Sustainability

It was not a very popular one. Point is, I don't disagree that a population explosion is occurring, but you
still can't have Bill Hicks staring at me on the left while I am reading about eugenics on
the right....it forces a dangerous right brain-left brain juxtaposition known as cerebral incongruency,
and I don't want you see you held liable for any subsequent psychiatric damages.

edit on 6-11-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Lol... touche sir... An excellently constructed repost...

Made me chuckle...

PA

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Sorry, but you can't have a Bill Hicks avatar and espouse forced birth control over others..

,,,,it is against the law

Pardon my OT comment, but I thought that was a very young Alex Jones. Are they the same person?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why does mankind spend so much time and energy caring for all of it's weakest members only to later come up with ways to limit the amount of them on the planet?

More often than not the same people will cry for more assistance, aid, protections for people while simultaneously complaining about how many people there are and plot ways to get rid of them. One side of the mouth says "we need to care for the sick, infirm and crippled" while the other side of the same mouth preaches the value of pulling feeding tubes and starving those who are no longer productive in their hospital beds.

So which is it? Protect the weak or yank their tubes?

Why cant people just let people be?

Nature is wonderfully self regulating. Stop artificially propping people up then you wont have to worry about ways to artificially limit the number of people. No need for eugenics or breeding regulations and no need for a welfare state. Just let people be.

Human, terrified of their own existence.
edit on 7-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yes. So the education system is currently educating young kids that homosexuality is preferable, that man needs to stop making babies, because other wise nature is going to be angry.

Already happening. Viruses like polio started going back, but surely the Big Pharma (did you know Bayer came from a Nazi doctor) are not behind this.

What school did you go to? There's no homosexual agenda in the education system, only a plea for tolerance (which some seem to lack), and I see nothing wrong with that.

People need to learn, through education, the effects of overpopulation. This is not taught anywhere—not by parents, schools or the media.

There are 252 births per 107 deaths per minute in the world. This fact should frighten people, and they should learn from it. We don't need to sterilize anything.

edit on 7-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Why does mankind spend so much time and energy caring for all of it's weakest members only to later come up with ways to limit the amount of them on the planet?

Because it is a humane thing to do?

Killing the patient cures the disease, that does not mean it is right. Helping the weak and at the same time trying to lower the numbers of the weak is thus the only ethical alternative.
edit on 7/11/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Er... It was all over ATS about two weeks ago.
www.lifesitenews.com...

I feel the media is getting a good hang of telling people they're a "cancer to nature". In movies, in news, everywhere.

Yes, sure, the number of humans on Earth is a problem. But if we could build more towers, or underground habitats, these humans cover less horizontal space on Earth's surface. More farming lands could cover those grounds which cities wouldn't cover anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This has gone off topic rather severely people...

My original post was to spark a debate on whether it should be a RIGHT to have children.... or whether you should be required to prove your suitability to procreate....

I'm worried about the children that are born into unstable situations.... with parents that are just not "qualified" to impart wisdom, moral fibre and social responsibility to their offspiring...

It is primarily about the suffering caused by these parents and imparted on the children.....

Not a debate about population explosion...

Please continue following this clarification...

PA

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly

To grow our slightly broken society beneficially we need people of good moralstanding, and these people tend to come from families with the same values and these values tend to be born from working for a living, having self-respect and maintaining a decent level of intelligence.

The breakdown of our society is apparent, the masses live off the lies of the media, more influenced by fashion and popular culture than ever before… they lack a moral compass.. and I am a firm believer that it is the lack of parental moral guidance that causes this situation.. I see it every day.. parents that can’t control their children, or simply don’t want to control their children as they would much rather have a “friend” relationship with them… it’s called modern parenting… but unlike many other areas of life and personal development there are black and white issues here, solid guidelines based on common sense…. things that a parent simply HAS to do when raising a child in order to impress responsibility, social awareness and sound moral values on a child…

So as long as they have your morals and values they can breed? If they don't share your culturally gained morals they can't? Sure, sounds fair.

There's a word for this. Eugenics. Look it up, it's been around for a long time.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

You've kind of cherry picked my argument there to fit your own personal attack...

If you read the whole post you will notice I talk about the things a child needs to be raised effectively in our society... these things are not culturally dependant... and even if they are we live in a society that has moral guidelines.... these have been developed and updated as we have developed as a civilisation...

Financial security, a sense of purpose, intelligence, social awareness, psychological stability.... all of these are required to raise a healthy, contributing and socially responsible individual..

My personal morals have no bearing on this discussion...

PA

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join