It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My moon pics with a iphone 4 and a telescope worth under $600

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
reply to post by abeverage

here is a pic of how I have mounted it I have done a few mods since this pic but it will give you an idea of how

Clever! I just bought a camera mount for my 5" and I LOST IT! LOL or misplaced it for months now I was so excited about it and now I can't find it! UGH

nice work!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

lol all I can say is cheapy shop.
and imagination
set your zoom slightly on when lining it up makes it easier to find the view in the lense

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
one of my favs

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Do you still get lots of zoom using your camera on video ?
I have a digitial microscope and am thinking I mighrt try that out next full moon but know I will have all sorts of issues with focus lol if it works though I should be able to get some close up shots if I can get the scope to stay still.

The video mode on my camera has 1080p @30or24fps, 720p@24fps, but for super close ups like the shot of Copernicus it also has 640x480 "crop mode" which is also at 60fps.

I have had problems with keeping the scope still as well-even a slight breeze or nearby footsteps will cause movement-even though the tripod is pretty solid.
I have found that using the camera's remote button is the best way to avoid movement-it was an extra,but only cost a few pounds-maybe you can get something similar for the iPhone?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

My camera app has a delay once u push shoot so the more I zoom he longer I set the delay.
Keeping it still is the challenge I made sum wind blocks out I'd a couple of tarps last season made a big difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I used a moon filter and the other colours I get in the photo editor app I is keep an original shot then have a play with the colours to see what I can get out of it

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wow, those are awesome, maybe you can catch a pic of some of the junk we left there, oh wait......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very nice photos. Astrophotography is addictive.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

Firstly I'd like to say, awesome photos. Second, your thread reminds me a story I read today about a professional news photographer who only uses an iPhone to take photos - the week's TIME Magazine cover is from an iPhone photo taken by him.

Source: www.tuaw.com...

My point I guess is, these little cameras sure as heck carry their weight.

Here's the cover taken with an iPhone

Here's what it reminds me of:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great to see people having a go at astro imaging - the dlsr will be giant step up from the iphone though. I use a canon rebel xsi to solar (with baader filter) and lunar image and the results always wow me. If you use eyepiece projection you can combine barlow (magnification) and different sized eyepieces to combine a lunar mosiac - the detail really does pop then. Keep with it and your images will get better and better with practice

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
8" Skywatcher on an EQ sounds like a good setup!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

yes every time I have a night out it gets better and better will have my dslr by xmass so will be looking to do deep sky stuff once I get it.

I was just very suprised with what I can get with such little money when we look at what NASA gives us it makes me wonder were there realy spending there money lol

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

yep looked at lots and found tsky watchers the best value mind you the dobson would have been better for camping but I know I would have regreted it once I got the DSLR

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

OOOo be carefull there are a lot of NASA believers on this site lmao
I agree with you though I think we are on the moon now but not so sure apolo did it ;-)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Thanks for the link yes interesting article and I got to agree with it.
I have done photography as a hobby for many years now and am amazed at what quality I get with cheapy digital cameras.
Astrophotography was just the next challenge I'm after mars next want to try and get some nice pole pics and view the real colours of Mars lol ( don't hate this is a conspiracy web site ) lol

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Very good pitcures my friend. I am really suprised how clear Saturn came in for you. Nice job. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Very good pitcures my friend. I am really suprised how clear Saturn came in for you. Nice job. ~$heopleNation

thanks I'm realy looking foward to my next chance at Saturn that was when I fisrt started so now I got everything stable It should come out a lot clearer

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by charles1952

yes thanks for the idvise you are right 3 tmes Ive tried to get my pics to show up but with no luck

Try this may work better

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
strange that every pic from nasa is black and white and you seem to get some nice colors thx for this

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
strange that every pic from nasa is black and white and you seem to get some nice colors thx for this

Yep I agree.
What got me all interested in astrophotograpy was watching a vid called colours of mars and they have some very strong arguments that show something fishy going on with the way they use there colours.
A couple of my picks I have push the colour to the front using a editor but its easy to pick them out.
My next challenge is mars and to see what it's natural colours are.
New NASA mars pics show more the natural colour, but a few years ago it was funny to compare the orange / brown NASA images to the pinky blue of all the amiture pics.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join