It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it necessary to go through "Suffering School" to get us ready to live in Heaven?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

The Bible most definitely does NOT teach soul sleep,

Soul sleep is a false doctrine perpetuated by Seventh Day Adventist and Jehovas Witness, and some other rogue "Christian" sects.

Any and ALL Main Stream Christian Denominations (Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant) accept the immortal soul and a state of being post-death, all accept Heaven and Hell, Catholics accept Purgatory as well and Orthodox have some kind of intermediate, I believe, but I just wanted to clarify this for you

Soul sleep is a false, false, false doctrine, do not buy into false doctrines, they are heretical (false) for a reason. Stick to Orthodox (true belief) Christian views and doctrines...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

When you die, are you just automatically transformed into a perfect being? Do you still have free will? If so, could you not one day rebel? After all, Lucifer did. He was perfect and he knew the consequences, and yet he chose to sin. What's to keep us from sinning against God 100 billion years from now?

You won't want to rebel, your love and devotion for him will keep you from rebelling after he saves your sorry butt from the second death. Him saving us will be a very powerful motivator to never want to stray from his side. Trust me, i'm ready for it. I have seen enough in this cursed earth, experienced enough sorrow and seen enough death, despair and hopelessness. I'm ready for him to wipe the tears from my eyes and take from me these memories and restore me. I am ready for him to end it, it's like an ache i can feel deep in my bones, and a longing i can't quench.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join