It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a nuclear reactor and this is what I know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is a clever little article expressing the risks associated with nuclear power, voiced from a nuclear reactors perspective

I am a nuclear reactor and this is what I know

You know me. There are lots of us around. We sit behind concrete walls and high fences, and most of us can boast of a killer view.

My outside is pretty plain, but inside I have 10,000 parts.

As a nuke plant, you are lucky, because you almost always get waterfront property.

This is so if my insides ever get too hot, or the power goes out (oops!) it’s easy to scoop up water and dump it on me.

If my emergency diesel generators go out, which happens a lot, they can sometimes use fire hoses to cool me off, too.

I’m glad the NRC spokesman brought that up the other day when Hurricane Sandy happened.

A lot of people were probably worried about that.

This exact same thing happened to some of my friends in Japan!

Fire hoses seemed to work OK for them, but I’m not sure, because no one really talks about it.

I think there might have been some explosions or something.

Man do they have a nice view from there though! And I heard Pacific sushi is really good!

Some us of are right next to big cities too, so we never get lonely.

When people see you a lot, it makes you seem like you belong.

Sometimes they paint pretty pictures on us, to make us look more friendly! I hope they paint some birds and butterflies on me, I don’t see too many of those around anymore.

Some days I look around me and I see all that wind, water, and sun and I wonder why people haven’t used those things to generate power, too.

Maybe they are just lazy. After all, they use it like crazy in third-world countries like Morocco!

continued...

The article was written by By Christina Consolo, contributing writer for "End the Lie" and host of "Nuked Radio"

The full article can be viewed here - I am a nuclear reactor and this is what I know

Alternatively, you can listen to a narrated version below, uploaded on YouTube.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

HOKA HEY ITS A GOOD DAY TO DIE. SEA GNOOX
Lets synthisize ARCHON. NO ARCHIN OR ARKHAN.

join