It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Dogs Kill 2-year-old Boy at Pa. Zoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wild Dogs Kill 2-year-old Boy at Pittsburgh Zoo.

A mother's attempt to give her two-year-old son a better view of wild African dogs turned into a tragedy at the Pittsburgh Zoo after the boy fell into the exhibit and was killed by a pack of the animals as relatives and bystanders looked on. (Nov. 5)

Lt. Kevin Kraus of the Pittsburgh police said

The attack happened at about 11:45 a.m. Sunday after the mother picked the child up and put him on top of a railing at the edge of a viewing deck. "Almost immediately after that he lost his balance, fell down off the railing into the pit, and he was immediately attacked by 11 dogs," Kraus said. "It was very horrific."

What the hell was the mother thinking putting her 2 yr old child on a high railing, and to then lose grip. As far as i'm concern the mother should be charged with manslaughter if not murder, what a idiotic thing to do.

Source

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Agree. That was VERY irresponsible of the mother. They have those fences and such up for REASONS. I feel so much for the pain she and the family have but my god. Use sense. Your child would be here today. He could see JUST fine from her arms, safe, where he should have been when not in a stroller/buggy.

God. How horrific. Common sense would have ensured that childs longer future.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
no kidding, seriously... You don't put a dang child that is two years old on a railing of vicious dogs. Seriously, what was she thinking????

Poor kid...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What gets me is that they say 'the child lost his balance'. Does this mean she wasn't even hanging ON to him?

And another site said that the area where the dogs are kept has a fence, but "..Kraus said there was nothing to prevent visitors to the painted dog exhibit from jumping into the exhibit area."

www.usatoday.com...

...nothing except, say, common sense??????

I don't get people.

Poor little guy. I hope he died with the impact of the fall and not via the animals. I really do. I hope it was fast, instant and painless for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why are they reporting the dogs killed this child, when it still isn't known if he died from the fall or the dogs?

How about he died needlessly because his mother is a complete moron?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
An autopsy is planned? So there was enough of the child left for that? I dont know, I would have probably jumped if it were my child. Bless that family and the poor onlookers. What a horrible tragedy.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

"one dog was so agressive it had to be put down".

How about...."one mother was so stupid, she had to be put down"?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I would have probably jumped if it were my child

If it was one of my kids, i wouldn't of even though about it, my natural reaction would of been to dive in and cover the baby(i would of probably jumped in even if it wasn't my kid), infact the police would of been needed to stop me snapping those dogs necks, and then from doing something horrible to the stupid women who basically murdered the baby.

I really hope the mother gets life in prison for this to reflect on her stupidity.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wonder when the law suit gets filed against the Zoo and the City?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to agree with most of you.....

This mother is an idiot.

2 years old are not known for their grace and amazing balance. It does not take a rocket scientist to know that placing a 2 year old on a high railing is not a good idea, much less a railing above a pack of wild dogs.

This "Mother" willfully placed her child in danger. She should be charged with manslaughter as her actions directly contributed to the death of her own child.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Wonder when the law suit gets filed against the Zoo and the City?

It would be thrown out because Pittsburgh Zoo was smart enough to place signs all over that fence saying not to do what she did. I know....I've been there and know exactly where this happened.

I even made the joke when we were there...."the dingo ate your baby" (from Sienfeld). It's not as funny now though. Poor little guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

I even made the joke when we were there...."the dingo ate your baby" (from Sienfeld). It's not as funny now though. Poor little guy.

Well, as it turns out, the dingo really did take the baby... Linky

edit on 5-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This amuses the hell out of me. Score one for the wildlife.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Okay purple, spill it...

You posted the same thing on my same OP. I've read a few of your posts and can see your no idiot, so tell me. What's with the wildlife1 - humans 0 crap? Tell us how you really feel?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Not a fan of the human race. I'd rescue a tiger before I'd rescue a human.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Which is why I feel the mother should have been "put down" instead of any one of those wild dogs.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Totally agree about the mother TheMaverick.

This is a horrible tragedy and the poor child must have been absolutely terrified and in absolute agony throughout the attack. What was the mother thinking? If lifting the child onto a railing, surely she didn't let go and let him stand by himself? If so, that is completely irresponsible and she is directly responsible.

Plus, i hate to say it, but if family members were there, why did none dive in? Surely your first instinct is to protect your child and sod the consequences? I know mine is.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
An autopsy is planned? So there was enough of the child left for that? I dont know, I would have probably jumped if it were my child. Bless that family and the poor onlookers. What a horrible tragedy.

What would the point of an autopsy be? Surely the cause of death is known, as there were plenty of witnesses? Isn't an autopsy inflicting more pain on the family (forget the mum for a minute)?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Totally agree about the mother TheMaverick.

This is a horrible tragedy and the poor child must have been absolutely terrified and in absolute agony throughout the attack. What was the mother thinking? If lifting the child onto a railing, surely she didn't let go and let him stand by himself? If so, that is completely irresponsible and she is directly responsible.

Plus, i hate to say it, but if family members were there, why did none dive in? Surely your first instinct is to protect your child and sod the consequences? I know mine is.

Anyone who would have tried to jump in to save the child would be dead, too, and we'd have multiple bodies and not just one. There were 11 wild dogs in that enclosure, in pack mode. Easy pickings for a human without a weapon.

The child was dead in seconds and there was nothing anyone could have done to save him. If you didn't break something in the fall, what was your next plan? What do you think you could have done to save the child?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

At the very least thrown them out of the enclosure - even if that means sacrificing yourself. Easy decision to make when it is your own child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join