It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Violent Rape of a Married Woman Should Carry a Stiffer Penalty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'd agree with death for it...except for one thing. The same argument that makes Death unrealistic for child molestation. If you give the Death penalty for a violent crime against an individual that didn't kill the victim? The person committing the crime has no reason not to kill them and every reason to. They get nothing worse if they get caught after it's a murder......and if not caught? The lack of a witness/victim is probably why.

If they don't have death as a possibility...they have hope. Hope means the victim probably won't be killed purely for covering up the crime....then the killing would make being caught much worse than otherwise, IMO.

(Of course...if they get their prison sentence and then Bubba isn't gentle and kills them the first night? Well....wouldn't bother me one bit.
)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'd agree with death for it...except for one thing. The same argument that makes Death unrealistic for child molestation. If you give the Death penalty for a violent crime against an individual that didn't kill the victim? The person committing the crime has no reason not to kill them and every reason to. They get nothing worse if they get caught after it's a murder......and if not caught? The lack of a witness/victim is probably why.

If they don't have death as a possibility...they have hope. Hope means the victim probably won't be killed purely for covering up the crime....then the killing would make being caught much worse than otherwise, IMO.

(Of course...if they get their prison sentence and then Bubba isn't gentle and kills them the first night? Well....wouldn't bother me one bit.
)

This first assumes that a violent rapist has it in them to kill the person they are raping. It is of course likely in many cases, but I would think that many more don't want to kill their victim so much as get off on the violence of it all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

)

Makes sense. Maybe a better solution is to allow the victim's family or the victim to decide the punishment and or give out the punishment? If someone touched my daughters like that, I would be in jail for a long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that all violent rapist should be executed. That goes double for child molesters. The argument that a rapist will more likely murder his victem if he faces the death penalty doesn't wash. They are killing them anyway (the children.)

As it is today most child molesters get a slap on the wrist and live to ruin more lives.
I don't believe rapist are human, so they do not deserve to be treated humanely. A dead rapist will not rape again.

For the liberals who do not believe in the death penalty....just think of it as retroactive abortion.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

That's the stupidest thing I've heard this week. Congratulations.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Explanation: S&F!

A very good assesment of the situation IMO! Wel! spotted and yes under the conditions you state in the OP I fully agree with you that it does affect MORE people and therefor should carry a higher penalty.

Personal Disclosure: And that penalty should be a long and slow drawn out disgusting inhumane and cruel public execution by being waterboarded to death over many hours to just reinforce just how objectionable any and all rape really is.

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Love you deeply mblah and you know that ok.

But they did think before they posted and it IS obvious at face value in the OP here ...

I think the penalty for violent rape of any woman should be life in prison,

So I find it quite suprising you missed that!

Personal Disclosure: If anyone is raped and it only affects them then yes the rapist/s should be put to death for that .. if it affects anymore than one person only then yes they should be put to death multiple times and we will soon have technology that allows this to occur.

That may mean that criminals will feel free to do whatever they want because we can punish them to death for that and bring them back and they have paid their debt to society. So you also do have a valid point that the laws don't protect anybody ... they just punish people after the fact!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So if your daughter gets raped, that should be a lower sentence then if your wife is raped?

Only a husband cares about a woman? What about her parents? Her brothers and sisters? Maybe her children? Are not all of these people affected?

I find your focus on "married" women a bit self absorbed. Because if your wife gets raped, and that will hurt -you- as well, suddenly its more serious because now YOU are hurt?

Anytime someone is hurt, those that care about them will be hurt as well. Their children, spouse, parents, everyone around them.

And personally, I support castration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join