It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Dying Wish Of a US Navy Vet (Emotional)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Last dying wish of a US navy vet who is a life long Indianapolis Colts fan.

Danny Webber is 74 years old and found out he is dying from a terminal cancer.

The elderly US Navy vet still had one more wish to fulfill.

He wanted to meet andrew luck from the indianapolis colts.

Danny said:
“One of my last Sundays. I never dreamed this would be one of them.”

This is a very emotional video, heartbreaking watching this navy vet get his dying wish.

Edit to Add: this is my 1000 post

edit on 4-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

My last wish is to be with my family and loved ones
not some football player

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Maybe he has no family left ?

And just maybe his family were the ones who set this up, but thanks for your negative post.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I started tearing up at 9 seconds. I will try to watch the whole thing, but thanks for sharing, this is just really sweet.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Excellent vid. I didn't find it heartbreaking at all. I was happy that he got his wish and was able to go to the game and meet the players. He even got up to dance and had some beers!

The heartbreak would've been if he hadn't been able to. I'm glad that caring staff at the Heritage House made it happen for him.

It's kind of ironic that the coach of the Colts, Chuck Pagano is now undergoing chemo for leukemia.

edit on 4-11-2012 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Congratulations on your 1,000th post.

Moving video.

I feel dying wishes are important for everybody, veterans or non-veterans, male or female, young or old - no matter what.

In this particular lifetime:

We only get to be born once.

We only get to die once. ( usually
)

Make every moment count and then go out with a glorious bang.

I'm glad he got his final wish.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What a great Video.

You could tell how much this meant to him.

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That was beautiful, thanks for posting.

Cried through the whole thing, we get older and we look different on the outside but inside we are still young.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

not some football player

Yea,
I can think of about a million other folks on the planet I would rather spend time with as a last wish than a football player, but heck thats what some people like I guess.

Even worst, that football player didnt even sound all that elated to see such a loyal fan of his come there who included seeing him as a last wish.

Some folks think a bunch of knucklehead men running around a field in tights with balls in their hand is Nobel Peace Prize worthy material.
Whatever... I guess.

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

Even worst, that football player didnt even sound all that elated to see such a loyal fan of his come there who included seeing him as a last wish.

I agree with you on this part, the football player could of put more effort in.

The point of this story is, this guy spent his whole life serving his country, and he was a lifelong colts fan, but never been to a game, and he was about to die anyday, and his last wish to meet his favorite player came true, its not about what you want for a dying wish, as i'm sure we all have different dying wish's, this story is about fulfilling a dying wish, which i'm guessing 99.9% of us will not be able to achieve.

Edit to Add:
As Danny Webber or any other Vet in this situation would say "Mission Accomplished" Salutes.

edit on 4-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OP...You managed to do what even the Otter video this morning failed at..You got me choked up.

I particularly like your last message here, really clarifying what you intended by sharing. Indeed..It is watching this man see his dying wish come true for him that hits me. As you say, how many of us will get that chance at the end? I can think of no more deserving a man by what his life and history is presented as. A salute to a life well spent.

Congrats as well on your 1,000th. I don't recall mine, and that's a shame...I didn't mark it as well as you have in yours. I'm sure you'll remember this one for that number crossed.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

not some football player

life must be just completely miserable for you to have to put a wet blanket on anything that might envoke positive emotion.......

I feel sorry for people like you I really do........

To the OP, awesome vid.........I enjoyed it very much........its good to see things like this once in a while to remind us how human we are.......and how important it is to do something GOOD for another person, out of the kindness of our hearts......

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Couldn't stop crying, the guy reminded me of my old man in his final days. Also a patient in a hospice, which provided poor and terminally ill veterans with indigent care.

It was so beautiful to see his last wish come true.

The young lady taking care of him is a special breed.

A very emotional story, portraying a genuine kind of unconditional love.

Peace on Earth

edit on 4-11-2012 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My last wish would be no pain.

new topics

top topics

join