It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that LOVE conquers all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is a very long story about my wife and I and how our relationship survived through all of the thick and thin.
ATS I apologize for the lack of proper paraphrasing.... I wrote this on the whim, and it came from my heart!

So my wife and I met in Highschool. We were friends at first, but eventually became best friends.

This of course turned into a relationship, and so we decided that we wanted to be together. We were 18 at the time.

I was living with my dad, working at Pizza Hut as a delivery driver. She was working at Sonic drive in. We both had cars, but after we got together, things went very wrong.

Her parents decided that they wanted to move back up to Virginia, but we had no place to stay! I certainly didnt have enough money to get an apartment, neither did she.

So we both decided that it was best for her to go up north until I could get a place.

This did not settle with me well at all. I had to be near her! So, I took my paycheck, quit my job, and drove all the way from Florida to Virginia, to get her (they wouldnt give me the time off so i quit). She gladly came with me.And we were to be together again...

But the times were tough. As soon as we got back, we had a situation. I no longer had a job, and neither did she. But it didnt matter, we were together again.

We had to end up giving her car back to the car place since her job was gone. But I had my car, fully paid off. So I drove from friends place to friends place asking if anyone could shelter us until we got back on our feet, but they all threw us out after day 1. Nobody understood our situation. Nobody wanted to help us.

We finally had shelter at a friends studio. But they did not want us inside, so we had to sleep in their van. I got up every day looking for a job, and finally managed to get one at arbys.

But, we didnt have any food, so I had to sell my car. Arbys wasnt that far of a walk anyway. So, we had money coming in and things were starting to look up.

But, as time went on my friends decided that we had to go. We were about all out of money, and things got bad.

I ended up buying a car for $100, thinking it would finally get us back on the road. But the guy lied becuase the brakes started catching on fire when i drove. So I had to park the car at a local truck stop.

And there we slept. We slept in the car for almost 2 weeks. We managed to get some bikes to go look for jobs. I had a backpack with our clothes and supplies in it. Somehow I left the backpack one day in the car as we went to go look for jobs. When we got back, all the windows of the car were smashed in. And all of our clothes and supplies were stolen. It was a very very bad time.

So we headed towards the beach, where I used to live. I managed to get money to buy a prepaid phone, and contacted an old friend of my moms. I explained our situation to him. FINALLY someone had shown sympathy for us! He knew a man who could give us a room for 400 dollars a month.

Around this time I got a job at village inn as a cook. We finally had a room in a home =(

The times were tough. My wife started going off with friends from her work to parties. And soon after that she started distancing herself from me. I could tell that she was hiding something from me, but she wouldnt tell me. I felt betrayed.

So anyway her parents finally came through and gave us an old dynasty car so I could go to work back and forth. And so I worked. And my wife was able to get a job at mcdonalds. And life was starting to look up again.

Eventually I got fired at the restaurant, i guess they didnt need me anymore. So we were living off of my wifes paycheck of 300 dollars every two weeks. It was aweful. But, we managed to survive.

I was looking for a job as hard as i could but nobody would hire me. And eventually the landlord got fed up with our backpayments on rent, and so we got kicked out.

Luckily enough, my wife got paid not long after and so we were able to get into a trailer. Well, things got interesting at this point, because my wife was pregnant. Day after day I was looking for a job to help support us and the baby to come, but none was there. I finally landed a job at Walmart overnight stock. My wife was so happy that she could relax a little and let me bring in some money. I was making 8.50 an hour starting. Which was great for us!

So I worked at walmart for about month and things were good. Until an entire panel fell on me in the freezer, almost breaking my right arm. I could lift my arm even an inch, and so Walmart said "Oh well you cant work here with an injury like that, not until a doctor says its okay for you to come back".

A doctor... A DOCTOR?! I didnt have the money for a fricken doctor!! So... the job of my dreams went away... and my wife and i were sad once again....

My daughter was born on october 21st.... Times were bad because I knew that this baby was going to suffer....

And then a suprise came... At christmas time, my father announced to everyone that his boss wanted to hire me into their company. I was going to be an IT making 30k a year!

And so life was GOOD! For a while....

We ended up moving into a home that was making us constantly broke every month. We didnt have the money to move out, and so we were stuck there. This led to us fighting back and forth and the household was not a good place to be in. This is when my second child was born. A son. And so we had two children now, in a house, barely managing to pay the bills and have food on the table.

My wife looked and looked for a job, but there was none to be found. None wanted to hire her because she had been out of work for so long taking care of children.

Stress caused things to get worse, and eventually I found out that she had cheated on me when we first got together. The thing that she was hiding was true... And so one of my friends came swooping in, and well, we had sex.... Revenge sex for my wife cheating on me.

But I refused to give up on my family! I loved my wife so much and decided that we would stay strong through this! And we did!

The years went by, and we forgave each other for cheating on one another. We told each other, how could us cheating on each other destroy all of the things, the hardships we had gone through?!?! And so, that was our crutch for the marriage, and it strengthened it!!!

And so, we had a third child. Another son! It was a dream come true, I had gotten a slight raise, and our family was happy again.

We cast aside the past and moved on as a couple!

The years went on, and we eventually began to reflect back on our life. Things started going stale and sure enough, my wife wanted to explore the world yet again. She got a job at a local diner, which was great for our income! Finally we had extra money coming in!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
But that great moment soon turned into a disaster... A neighbor of ours who didnt like us for some reason, decided to make a false call on us to the Child protective services.

Police came to my door, and said that my kids had been playing outside. I turned around and showed the police that they were playing in their room, and they were!

But the police saw that we were poor and didnt have much. So, they threw me and my wife in jail and took our kids away from us! It was horrible! My wife lost her job, and things were going very bad....

Neither one of my parents would take the children! My mother and father whom are divorced, said that they could not handle 3 children! So they gave them away to the state of
Florida...

My father finally showed some compassion! He got us out of jail. I was able to keep my job without them knowing about me going to jail. And he had a home for us that we could rent since we were evicted from the previous one.

And so, my wife and I were together again! In our home we still live in today. But we had to go through a MONTH of hell of CPS coming to our home and looking through all of our private things..... For they would not give our kids back until the case was closed!

Finally, after us taking classes downtown and paying tons of money to the state, and doing months worth of in-home parenting classes, we got our children BACK!!!

MY WIFE AND I WERE SO HAPPY, AND WE CRIED SO HARD LIKE WE NEVER DID BEFORE!
And so, we were a family again!
As a year passed, one night my wife came to me and had a bad confession to make to me!
She had slept with one of my friends a year ago! I was DESTROYED!!!!
How could she have done this to me? After All we had went through?!?!
She said that she slept with him during that time becuase our kids had been taken away and she was very stressed.
I didnt know what to say! I was backstabbed by my own friend and my wife!
But she came to me and said that she cried after she had sex with him! She knew that she had hurt me!

My friend however blocked me and never confessed to this day....

But I forgave her! Because I LOVE MY WIFE AND EVERYTHING THAT WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL. I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT WE WENT THROUGH IN OUR LIVES, AND NOTHING WILL TEAR US A PART.

We have been together since October of 2002 to this day which would make 10 years.....

10 years that I would NEVER give back...
So ATS, I tell this to you....LOVE DOES CONQUER ALL. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR LOVED ONES JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WRONGED YOU. WE ARE ALL HUMAN, WE MAKE MISTAKES, AND IT TAKES GUTS, PRIDE, HONOR TO KEEP A FAMILY STRONG.
AND MY FAMILY TO THIS DAY IS STRONGER THAN EVER, AND WE ARE HAPPY AND HEALTHY AND WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

And so I say this.... BRING IT ON DEC 2012!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Dear WindWalker,

A F&S along with my prayers for you and yours.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

That was a touching story and I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you and your family. One thing has me concerned though...

A neighbor of ours who didnt like us for some reason, decided to make a false call on us to the Child protective services.

Police came to my door, and said that my kids had been playing outside. I turned around and showed the police that they were playing in their room, and they were!

But the police saw that we were poor and didnt have much. So, they threw me and my wife in jail and took our kids away from us!

Twice in this scenario you indicated that you and your wife had done NOTHING wrong. I'm assuming you still feel that way because you reffered to your neighbor's call to DHS as a "false" call.

I can assure you from personal experience that a call to DHS will result in a social worker visiting your home before the police are called. The fact that you and your wife were thrown in jail, and the state took custody of your children, tells me that you were charged with either child endangerment or child neglect. Given that you have 3 children, that means you were both charged with 3 counts, which constitutes as a felony.

No one is perfect Windwalker, but part of growing into a better person is being able to recognize the flaws in yourself and owning up to them. Stop playing the victim and start taking some responsibility for your own actions or you're going to find yourself trapped in a never ending cycle of situations just like the ones you described in this post.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok:

1. Two people making minimum wage can find a place to live.
2. They are not friends if you can only stay a day. Why couldn't you stay at her folks place long enough to get on your feet?
3. You mention working at Arbys but not her work at this time, while you are living out of a truck stop. Yet your car gets broken into while both you are out. And not only that, allthe windows were broken out?
4. After you get a place, and both have jobs, the car you owned suddenly disappears? But your in-laws give you a car? So life is good.
5. Your wife gets a job at McD's, but she had been out with co workers before that job?
6. Something fell on you while working and you couldn't claim workman's comp? Or at the very least see a doctor on the companies dime?
7. It was the house making you broke every month?
8. Her cheating- The first sign of love not conquering all.
9.You cheating- The second sign of love not conquering all.
10. There is nothing illegal about children playing outside, and I do not know of CPS involving police unless a crime is known. BTW, contact a lawyer- Imprisonment for being poor is not lawful, congrats on being a future millionaire. Or perhaps this telling has been less than truthful?
11. Her cheating. . . again- The sign (again) of love not conquering all.
With a friend of yours, no less. While narcissism is love, it is not love of another individual.

Good luck to you.
The only thing happening in Dec, 2012 is Christmas, and new years eve. You've got a family which is great, but also a wife who has cheated on you twice in a decade that you know about. That is not love.
I will pray that all of her children are actually yours as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
Ok:

1. Two people making minimum wage can find a place to live.
2. They are not friends if you can only stay a day. Why couldn't you stay at her folks place long enough to get on your feet?
3. You mention working at Arbys but not her work at this time, while you are living out of a truck stop. Yet your car gets broken into while both you are out. And not only that, allthe windows were broken out?
4. After you get a place, and both have jobs, the car you owned suddenly disappears? But your in-laws give you a car? So life is good.
5. Your wife gets a job at McD's, but she had been out with co workers before that job?
6. Something fell on you while working and you couldn't claim workman's comp? Or at the very least see a doctor on the companies dime?
7. It was the house making you broke every month?
8. Her cheating- The first sign of love not conquering all.
9.You cheating- The second sign of love not conquering all.
10. There is nothing illegal about children playing outside, and I do not know of CPS involving police unless a crime is known. BTW, contact a lawyer- Imprisonment for being poor is not lawful, congrats on being a future millionaire. Or perhaps this telling has been less than truthful?
11. Her cheating. . . again- The sign (again) of love not conquering all.
With a friend of yours, no less. While narcissism is love, it is not love of another individual.

Good luck to you.
The only thing happening in Dec, 2012 is Christmas, and new years eve. You've got a family which is great, but also a wife who has cheated on you twice in a decade that you know about. That is not love.
I will pray that all of her children are actually yours as well.

I hope you are comfortable in hell, because I sure as hell want you there.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sounds like you've been through some really tough times together, and stuck it through. I agree with you, that people make mistakes and we have to move on.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Great story and glad things are turning out alright. I have to point one thing out and it's about the title and how wrong I think it is.

It should read 'MONEY' conquers all.

Most of what you state in your O.P. refers to financial problems overcome by gaining new financial status that overcomes these problems. Jobs, wages, being poor, affording transport etc. Without the money would you be where you are now? if not, would the love have kept you together? Hope so.

cheers.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow, that's very inspiring. If you'd go through all that for one person, then it must be love. I hope one day I feel for someone enough that I would do anything to be with them. I feel right now it is an impossible dream, but I know a lot of that is depression and doubt. I just need a change of scenery because my love is not to be found where I am living right now.

new topics

top topics

join