It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deal on batteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
For those of you who use solar panels or have batteries for emergencies, I found a pretty good deal. I noticed that here in Canada,Costco is now selling 6v golf cart batteries for jsut under $100. I found one store selling them for about half that,and got 2 for just over $100. I wish I'd of bought 4 now, for my 1000w inverter. The dealership I work for was throwing out a UPS sytem for our computers, since it crapped out. I checked it out and found the batteries were toast, but new ones were quite expensive so they tossed it. I took it home and extended the wires out he side so I can run 2 12v deep cycle battereis in series,since it uses 24v. I'll probably use these on my little camper trailer instead,figure they should last a good long time. Anyhow, if your in the market for some batteries, these might be worth checking out. I've had my inverters come in quite handy a couple times now when the power went out, definitely nice to be able to keep some lights and the computer on.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

What province do you live in, if you don't mind me asking.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Alberta. The stores in Edmonton and Sherwood park have them for about $100, the one I picked up for $50 were in Grande Prairie.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

I sent you a U2U, let me know what you think of that, it might be a cheaper and better source of batteries for you.

top topics

join