It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member's political endorsement thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We've all got opinions about who we think should be the next president and have what we believe are good reasons for wanting our guy to get the vote in this upcoming election. I figured it would be a good idea to have one place where members could go to post their political endorsements for the upcoming election.

You can either post a link to a thread you have written for your preferred candidate or write up your endorsement right here in this thread because we know that the whole world turns on what we think here at ATS and our opinions are so much more informed and important than those of the ordinary sheeple.

Sure, I know my opinion on who you should vote for holds as much weight with most of you as a big, fat ball of dust bunnies but, that doesn't mean I should give up my right to express that opinion. Some members around here are pretty respected and I'm sure there are some people who would be interested in knowing which way they lean on the issues, so this is the place to lay it down and tell everyone why you think one guy (or gal) deserves your vote more than the another.

Please, don't just name your candidate and leave it at that. Please take the time to explain why you think that particular person should get your support and try to persuade others to come along to your line of thinking.

Me, I'll start off by linking the endorsement thread I wrote a while ago:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ll50492d58.png[/atsimg]

No joke; I’m voting Cthulhu for president in 2012. Here’s why you should too

You know who I'm endorsing and why, now lets here from you. Who do you think should win this upcoming election and why?

Please, don't feel constrained to only the presidential election either; if you have a local candidate you believe in, feel free to give them your endorsement here as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ill be voting Obama.
Romney is a Neocon who will cont Bushs "Axis of Evil" march into Iran.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly endorse Ron Paul. He is the best choice bar none. The why I would have to say is just look what he stands for.writeinron2012.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Split ticket....for the first time since 1996. Romney for President, McCaskil for Senate and Nixon for Governor. One R and 2 D's.

(I'll make up for that and give the D's hell on the local side..I promise.
)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A vote for the "lesser of two evils" is still evil. They both suck.

Besides, it would be physically impossible for me to vote. Holding my nose with one hand to squelch the stench while holding my other hand over my mouth to control my gag reflex, I would have no available hand with which to pull the lever.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Romney: 4.6% Unemployment, Balanced Budget

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
R/R

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I am writing in, as my father has since the 60s, Barry Goldwater. One line post or not, that is what it is....I would rather vote for a dead man than these clowns.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Ill be voting Obama.
Romney is a Neocon who will cont Bushs "Axis of Evil" march into Iran.

That's probably my number 1 sticking point with Romney or any Republican anymore. Not that I could endorse Obama either.

It seems that we are being given the choice between keeping the economy in the tank or more immoral wars of oppression worldwide. Both choices stink IMO.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I endorse the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America and the sovereign rights of each state and the people who live within them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I endorse the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America and the sovereign rights of each state and the people who live within them.

Do they even give you enough room for all that in the write in slot?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oklahoma does not allow write-ins. So this time I'll just opt to check "straight Republican".

lol - it's shorter that way.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think I will either vote Johnson or write-in Ron Paul. Not quite sure yet, but I'm going towards Johnson since he will be on the ticket.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

edit on 4-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Easy I endorse Gary Johnson.

I already voted for him 2 1/2 weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ideally, I would vote for Ron Paul. But, since he didn't get the nomination (and my state's write-in laws are whacky), I'm stuck with those who are on the ballot. I like Gary Johnson, but I recognize that he has zero chance to win. Thus, I have to think about it this way: Do I vote for who I want, or do I vote for which of the likely winners I would prefer to have in the White House?

Thus, I am voting for Romney/Ryan.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
While I think both candidates and parties essentially serve our evil corporate overlords, I do think the Dems at least pay lip service to modern life in the 21st century in a way that the GOP just won't.

The 99% of us matter just as much as the 1%

We are a multicultural society, which Dems embrace.

Women play an equal part in everything, which Dems accept and promote, and we have a right to control our own bodies. Roe v. Wade is undoubtedly threatened by a Romney/Ryan administration, especially if they appoint any Supremes.

Endless war has gained us nothing in 11 years and has not stopped terrorism...more war with Iran won't either.

So, although he has disappointed on some issues, I'll be voting for Obama because a vote for Dems in 2012 is going forward and a vote for the GOP is going backwards - to policies and practices that have failed individual citizens and the ideals of our nation as a whole.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I voted for Romney/Ryan.

Foreign Policy.
Everyone is hyperventilating about the "neo-con" hawks and war. Me? I'm sick of war, but I'm also hoping that other countries realise that they will have to answer to a more aggresive America if they start up with anything.

Domestic Policy.
Most companies and corporations and businesses have been holding their reserves in fear that they would be taxed more. With an administration that is friendlier to business, they might relax and start re-investing and hiring again, thus bringing down the unemployment rate.

ACA
The current medical refforms are a joke. Yes, our medical sstem needs fixing, but the current administrations solutions create more problems than they solve. Hopefully, TRUE reform can take place with a Romney/Ryan administration.

NDAA
I hope like hell that they do some honest listening to the people and can this crap. I have my doubts that they will, but the current administration definitely won't.

We can't get everything that we want from ANY administration. The best we can hope for, though, is maintaining our freedoms and liberties.

God Bless America.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The biggest reason I want Obama to lose is because I'm sick and tired of every criticism of him drawing out the race card defence.

He was supposed to signal the end of racism in America and has only served to increase it, or at least the accusation of it when he's crossed.

I can't really endorse Romney either because I'm pretty sure he'll have us bombing Iran within 6 months of taking office (if he even waits one week past inaguration).

Either way, its lose, lose.

I'm really hoping America wakes up and votes 3rd party this year but the MSM and TPTB would never allow that and would just give us fake election results anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join