It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FaceBook Has CRASHED!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
oyy

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
LOL Western Canada... Facebook is just fine.. there are no known or experienced issues... LOL

YOUR talking some APOCALYPTIC SH*T! LOL if that ever happened...

Remind me a Simpsons episode
where Itchy and Scratchy cartoons get banned from TV
then you see all the kids going outside with their eyes hurting because of the sun

and then they all go play together

Apocalyptic you say ? on the contrary lol

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

One of your local DNS servers probably went wonky.

5 minutes down time is nothing; especially if you haven't worked through a logical path toward resolving the issue.

Facebook down! Crashed! 10 seconds and counting I can't get to Facebook! Everybody Panic! Run around in circles flapping their hands about and going 'derp! derp!'.

Not.

Following are a couple websites you can plug URLs into to see if the sites are reporting UP or DOWN
Is www._______________.com down for everyone, or just me?

Up or Down .net

Checking those sites will give you and eyeball on whether a connectivity issue or local or global.

From there, if you like working out your own solutions as opposed to waiting for someone else to fix it, you can search out DNS servers and use alternative DNS Server IPs.

Simply do a Google search (if Google, or whatever your favorite search engine site isn't down) for Global DNS servers in your geographic area.

Jot down the IP addresses to several

Then do another search for How To Change your DNS Servers.

If you can get to some websites, and not others, it's typically a DNS issues, or potentially one of the servers that's site specific to whatever website you're attempting to get to has caught on fire or something and redundancies or fail-overs haven't caught on, or up yet.

Typically, if you just wait, those who's jobs are to fix such things will do their jobs, and you'll have nothing of concern given less than half an hour.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

THX Druscilla,, it looks Local..

it is the ONLY site i cant connect to..

Very weird..

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Argg .. whyyyyy whyyyyy did you say all of that
next time say .. Facebook has crashed for good
and there is nothing you can do about it

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

ALL BETTER

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Even for anonymous taking out Facebook world wide would be near impossible. They've got too many servers, from what I hear.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Well its not really necessary to take out all servers, just the dns... I dont think facebook has 100 relay dns

But... in my world of fantasy, send spiders self replicating and destroying or taking over every server belonging to facebook, anything thats connected and its not a client, like those in sg1

Anyway... use whatever methods you wish to take down facebook but never forget the main concept

THIS is how I feel about facebook:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join