It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Documents Reveal Events Leading Up to Benghazi Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Check this out from CBS News. Here is an excerpt from one of the documents.

Notations indicate the letter was intended for the head of the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Benghazi. "... early this morning at 0643, September 11, 2012, one of our diligent guards made a troubling report. Near our main gate, a member of the police force was seen in the upper level of a building across from our compound. It is reported that this person was photographing the inside of the U.S. special mission and furthermore that this person was part of the police unit sent to protect the mission."

It goes on to ask for an investigation. It's unclear whether the letter was sent and what action may have been taken, but it reflects the continued security concerns of U.S. diplomats in Benghazi in the weeks and days leading up to the assault. Another draft letter dated two days before the attack complains that requested police support for Ambassador Stevens' visit had not been supplied.
www.cbsnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">cbsnews.com

Yes, this is not gonna go away anytime soon, that is for sure. I predict we are gonna start to see mysterious deaths in the secret service, CIA perhaps even in the WH administration!! Anything to clear Obama!

What do you think ATS?

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So leave Libya. Why are we even there in the fist place? Just gooooooooooooooo and no one would be dead.

I guess we wouldn't be if bankers did have so much power.....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Not sure why the most important part of my post was left out....So let me please add this. Ask yourself,
why when U.S. Armed Forces came under attack in Benghazi and were quickly out numbered, begging for assistance, did someone, in the Obama Administration, give the order to "Stand Down". Ultimately, the buck
stops with the Commander and chief, and that would be Obama.

When Navy Seal Ty Woods heard the screams for help and requested assistance, he was told to "Stand Down"
Why?. Why? Don't we deserve to know? Obama was well aware of the situation taking place in Benghazi, in REAL
time. Obama did NOTHING while this brave man gave his life for his brother!

This NEEDS to disturb everyone in the ATS Community. Democrat, Republican, Independent!!! IT does NOT matter, because this goes much deeper than political games, this goes straight to the soul!!

Just think about this for a moment.......

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I agree, but i fail to see the connection here with bankers. Can you help me out?
I appreciate your input.

Pax

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Not sure why the most important part of my post was left out....So let me please add this. Ask yourself,
why when U.S. Armed Forces came under attack in Benghazi and were quickly out numbered, begging for assistance, did someone, in the Obama Administration, give the order to "Stand Down". Ultimately, the buck
stops with the Commander and chief, and that would be Obama.

When Navy Seal Ty Woods heard the screams for help and requested assistance, he was told to "Stand Down"
Why?. Why? Don't we deserve to know? Obama was well aware of the situation taking place in Benghazi, in REAL
time. Obama did NOTHING while this brave man gave his life for his brother!

This NEEDS to disturb everyone in the ATS Community. Democrat, Republican, Independent!!! IT does NOT matter, because this goes much deeper than political games, this goes straight to the soul!!

Just think about this for a moment.......

Thanks,
Pax

Not a single thing in your post is true.

Stop reading Drudge Report headlines.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yep this will not go away because the Republicans never let a tragedy go to waste.

Sh1t like this tends to happens in countries that are hot spots for terrorist activity. It's a tragedy that should have never happened, but unfortunately it did and we have to learn from it. I'm not entirely sure why the order to stand down was given, but since I do not have all of the facts, and neither do you then I don't think it's a good idea to play arm-chair general.

Perhaps there were conflicting reports, maybe the President played it safe, maybe he didn't want more people to die.

The fact of the matter is that WE DO NOT KNOW ALL OF THE FACTS.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This article disputes your claims that Obama ordered a stand down. This whole episode is a deliberate attempt to smear Obama just before the election. Sorry, Obama-haters, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

(Reuters) - CIA officials on the ground in Libya dispatched security forces to the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi within 25 minutes and made other key decisions about how to respond to the waves of attacks on U.S. installations on September 11, a senior American intelligence official said on Thursday.

Officials in Washington monitored events through message traffic and a hovering U.S. military drone but did not interfere with or reject requests for help from officials in the line of fire, the official said.

The information emerged as officials made available on Thursday a timeline chronicling the U.S. response to the Benghazi attacks in which Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other American officials died. The material appears to refute claims by critics that officials in Washington delayed sending help to the besieged personnel.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I can't believe people are still eating this BS. The only orders to STAND DOWN were to a small group of soldiers from the CIA annex who would have almost certainly died (as the ones that disobeyed their orders did)... The field commander and the secretary of defense opted not to send 4 soldiers against a larger force with a mortar, instead waiting for backup... Sounds like a pretty sound tactical decision. The soldiers that disobeyed the stand down order were killed. Hence the order. They are heroes for sacrificing their lives to try and help, but it is the commander's job, whoever issues the order at the time, to limit casualties. And while sending a small number of US soldiers against a larger force looks great in the movies, it doesn't play out so well in real life. Join the service, get an idea of what the hell you are talking about, then get back to us.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012

Originally posted by strings0305
I can't believe people are still eating this BS. The only orders to STAND DOWN were to a small group of soldiers from the CIA annex who would have almost certainly died (as the ones that disobeyed their orders did)... The field commander and the secretary of defense opted not to send 4 soldiers against a larger force with a mortar, instead waiting for backup... Sounds like a pretty sound tactical decision. The soldiers that disobeyed the stand down order were killed. Hence the order. They are heroes for sacrificing their lives to try and help, but it is the commander's job, whoever issues the order at the time, to limit casualties. And while sending a small number of US soldiers against a larger force looks great in the movies, it doesn't play out so well in real life. Join the service, get an idea of what the hell you are talking about, then get back to us.

Those two SEALS killed 60 of the attackers and saved 30 American lives before they were left to die by their "Commander in Chief" who did nothing as he sat and watched them die. Any commander that would not send in available forces to rescue our AMBASSADOR is a coward.

Obama is guilty of dereliction of duty, if not outright Treason. I can't wait for all of this to come out so I can watch him go to prison. Obama bends over for the Muslim world, so why not his cellie? Nobody deserves to get punked in le coulo more than that lying, racist, murdering bastard.

This honestly could not have been said any better than this IMHO.

It just makes me sick to see a commander in chief who is so inept at his job commanding such valiant warriors.

top topics

join