It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somedays you are the windshield, somedays you are the bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Today I was the bug.

I parked y car in the parking garage across the street from my office, went to work, worked hard, then returned to my car at 430 pm to go home only to find that someone smashed the front bumper of my car. No note. No nothing. Just shattered pieces of my headlight and a smashed passenger side front bumper.

I went back to my office building to the security office only to be informed the cameras in the garage were non-operational and then proceeded to get a 20 minute lecture on how parking there is at my own risk. I know that. I wasnt trying to get them to pay. All I wanted was the sorry person who hit me to take responsibility for hitting my car.

So then I go back to my car and start my on hour commute home. I was on the interstate all of 15 seconds when an old lady rear ended me. SERIOUSLY????

We pull off of the highway and we both got out and she apologizes then starts talking to me about things I am not totally understanding. I realize real quick she has dimentia.

The wonderful police come do nothing and tell me to pick up a report in 3 days for my insurance. WHAT?? MY INSURANCE?? SHE HIT ME!!! I start to protest, then the cop tells me Kentucky is a "no fault" state. (I am not a Kentucky native, I have only lived here a couple of years)

What the heck. So now my insurance has to pay for my damages. So now I have to pay $1000 deductible when I did nothing to cause either incident.

I come home and call my insurance company and they tell me the same thing. So now, I am out a grand and my car for the time it will take to get it fixed.

End of the story? NOT HARDLY.

I come home park my car and go to put my key in my front door. The blasted door knob fell off. Not to be defeated I hit the keypad on my garage door to get in that way, it worked. BUT, when I was walking through the garage I fell UP the steps to the door. WHO FALLS UP STEPS???

I get in the house, put on my pajamas and grab a bowl of cereal. That is pathetic in itself. I go to the living room to sit down and the light blew in my living room.

I go to the garage to get the ladder so I can fix the bulb and as I am carrying the ladder through the dining room I hit the corner of the ladder on the screen door (It closed behind me because I neglected to slide the little thing to hold it open) and the glass in the storm door shattered.

I put the ladder down and go retrieve the broom and dustpan to clean up the glass and you guessed it! I stepped (barefooted) on a piece of glass. I just spent an hour pulling a shard of glass out of the bottom of my foot.

My cereal was soggy so I decided to eat a bag of miniature rolos instead. Yeah there is more. I bit into one (it is soft chocolate and caramel Folks) and my filling came out.

I am afraid to move or touch anything else.

Life is so not fair. Now all I can do is sit here and try not to cry. I am totally flusterpated.

Has anyone else EVER had a day like this???

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Someone is bending the laws of probability again ...

I really really hope your day gets better. Good grief.

You should call a friend over to give you a hug.

Here's one from me in the meantime

((hug))
edit on 1-11-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
LoL that was funny and to think the day isn't over.

I would suggest a hot bath but with your luck to day the hair dryer will fall in the tub with you .

I never thought possible to have so much go wrong in a day, seems like you are attracting bad energy today perhaps you need some relaxation

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Thank you. I need that. I wouldnt hug me though, apparently I have ticked off kharma or something.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

no bath...you just scared me...i am going to walk SLOWLY to my bed and crawl in it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And i think i got bad days

Elmo prankcalls the pharmasits hopefully it will cheer you up a bit

edit on 1-11-2012 by Donice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donice

awww thank you

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

probably the safest place for you

really do hope you have a better day tomorrow @)---'--,---

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OMG, none of that was funny but...
I just kept picturing all these things happening one after the other. Well, you know it's aways funny when it's happening to someone else. I sure hope you have a better day tomorrow. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow that insurance issue would annoy the heck out of me, although last time someone drove into my car (they drove into my rear tyre and dented their bumper while my car was untouched) it took the insurance company a year and a half to settle the case and for the other person to stop lying about how the accident happened , so maybe its for the best

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Whoa, to funny, you were bug to the 10th power!! So sorry, bad when it piles up like that. One thing, think how awesome it will be when you get to be windshield! A day where is all goes beautifully well! Hope that day comes soon. Here is a "poor baby" from me, sometimes you just need someone to say it, or at least I do. (hugs)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Holy crap, you poor little bug!
The state I live in is a no-fault state also. A few years ago, I T-boned an equally crazy women because she pulled out into my lane because "I couldn't see pass the truck in the other drive way" Seriously? You can't see the traffic coming on the other side of the truck, so you pull out anyway? She then says "Tee hee , this is the second accident for me this month!"
Oh Jesus, someone hold me back. Fortunately my insurance company sued her's for the deductible. I would ask your insurance company how they deal with subrogation claims for no-fault insurance. You may be able to get her insurance company to pay some of your deductible. That definitely varies from state to state, though, so good luck.
Oh yea, and who falls UP steps? This girl, so don't feel too bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How was your next day? I want an update!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

LOL I am fine. I feel silly for being so dramatic, but, man that was a rough day. Nothing else crazy happened. My car is in the shop, I am driving a rental. My foot is still sore but no signs of infection. THe storm door is still broken...will get it fixed probably in the spring. I fixed the door knob myself!! It was a screw that came out. WHO KNEW?? LOL I managed a shower without dying.

lol

thanks for asking!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good to know our little bug is doing better.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I am going to change my screen name to bug..haha

top topics

join