It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eery encounter on holiday in California.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This afternoon I was discussing with a friend our paranormal experience's, and while many people who believe in ghosts (like my friend) always seem to have various situations where they claim to have seen one or whatever. Me personally i've always been skeptical of ghosts, but I have had one very strange experience 4, nearly 5 years ago when I was 14 years old which I feel is very much worth sharing with you guys.

I went on holiday to California, I stayed in a Crowne Plaza hotel within a lovely area of LA called Redondo Beach. When we first entered our hotel room I clearly remember feeling very comfortable and safe within the room, (at that age I used to have trouble sleeping in strange surroundings but nothing major) and I was very happy because this means I could have a nice nights sleep.

However, discovering our room was a non-smokers and my Dad wanted a smoking room, we was moved to the top floor to the last room along the hallway ('cuse the cliche) and when we entered the first thing that struck me, and I still can feel it now was the feeling of uncertainty and eeriness as soon as I stepped into that room. I stayed there for 2 weeks and a half, and during this time a few very odd situations occurred.

When I was sleeping in the room I always felt as if someone else was watching me and standing over me, and in the corner of the room was a desk and I used to always sense something there, I can never quite explain it, i've never experienced it before nor after. One night, after being awake for close to a hour, I was laying down trying to force myself back to sleep when, I sh*t you not, the lamp next to my bed turnt on in a blue colour when it was your average lamp with a clear lightbulb! It stayed on for atleast a few minutes, and it flickered on and off before completely stopping after half hour. Now, i'm no supernatural fanatic, I still don't even really believe it but I always thought too myself if it was true I most certainly came across a supernatural entity in that hotel room. People have asked me if I could have been dreaming, and I don't doubt it but, and it's a strong but, I am pretty sure I was awake during this experience, I remember watching the clock tick and sweating a lot, it seemed so hot in those rooms.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF8&q=california+redondo+beach+hotels&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=Redondo+Beach,+Los+Angeles,+Ca lifornia,+United+States&t=h&vp6&fll=33.845594,-118.390303&fspn=0.009249,0.01929&st=115968771510351694523&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&mpnum=1000&vps=2
That's the hotel I stayed at (A), I stayed in the far 'wing' right at the front of the building, you can actually see my balcony if you zoom in (top right corner).

I feel it's always worth mentioning also that after my holiday my Mum told me she also felt a strange feeling within the room and she too thought someone was watching her when, and she even said one night she woke up and for a split second she saw someone hanging above her, and also saw someone sitting at the desk, the same desk I always seemed to notice. She only told me after the holiday so it wouldn't freak me out, I am most certainly greatful!

I just thought i'd share that with you guys, I wish I had taken a photo of the blue lamp or just had more evidence but unfortunately all I can provide is my own experiences. I find it hard to believe myself a white light can glow blue, but it's what I saw.

And just for the record, it was a brilliant holiday and LA is a beautiful city, I can't wait to go back there at some point in my life.
edit on 1-11-2012 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sounds pretty freaky!

I've noticed hotels can be a HAVEN for activty. Lots of bad stuff can go down in hotel rooms -- as people tend not want to off themselves or cheat at their own home.

I was staying in a Marriot in Washington D.C. when I was about 12 -- that place was super haunted. I would see a 10ft tall "shadow figure" in the corner of the room for HOURS. It never really moved, just sort of stood there. I can distinctly remember how freakishly tall it was.

I also saw a woman's face in the mirror another night. It must have been a woman in the 1700-1800's because she had one of those bonnet things on. Just a quick fade in and fade out, I had to ask myself if I really did just see that.

Yep, hotels can be interesting places. There usually are a lot of mirrors and electrical equipment, that seems to increase activity.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TellEmRye

Your google map link isn't working, so I must ask, did the hotel have A/C units on the roof?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mystik, I fully agree with you. Hotels do seem to be pretty strange places, I also stayed at a hotel in Carlisle (north of England) during a school trip when I was 9/10ish and that was very wierd place aswell. Don't actually remember many odd activities but it was a scary place none the less.

And zombie i'm not to sure to be honest. If you want to look it up just search Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach and Marina.

new topics

top topics

join