It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simplicity is genius.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi guys this my first post so gentle please.

I personally think this a stroke of genius. In Holland a council wants to save money by turning off the street lights. So to make it easier for motorists they intend to have 'glow in the dark roads' that also show a snowflake symbol when the temperature drops below a certain level to warn of possible Ice.
Link

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Hi guys this my first post so gentle please.

I personally think this a stroke of genius. In Holland a council wants to save money by turning off the street lights. So to make it easier for motorists they intend to have 'glow in the dark roads' that also show a snowflake symbol when the temperature drops below a certain level to warn of possible Ice.
Link

Pretty cool idea...I've always wondered why they haven't utilized glow in the dark stuff more than they do...its pretty much reduced to children's toys and clothing...maybe its super expensive to make...not sure.

I have always questioned roads though. They are made of gravel which over time needs to be patched and replaced constantly from weathering...YET...we produce enough hard plastics to wrap around the globe several times over which takes thousands of years to "decay"...why no plastic roads yet? with super small feathered slices to help reduce speed and skid when emergency breaking...

build it in 10 foot sections so if a section gets damaged all you do is replace the entire 10 foot section that is damaged with a prefabricated new section...reduce man hours and labor costs as well as speed up repair time...

recycle tires like they do on some school field tracks, chop up the tires and make a road base for added traction in areas that get a fair amount of snow/rain...

the plastic could be glow in the dark as well adding visibility at night...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I refer you to my title
Simply a genius idea, wish I had the knowhow to implement it, then I could steal it and make a fortune.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's really a genius thinking to have such an option to be implemented. It works and turn much useful tings they way it executes.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by cody599

recycle tires like they do on some school field tracks, chop up the tires and make a road base for added traction in areas that get a fair amount of snow/rain...

My dad tried to do that here and the governor at the time nixed the idea. Basically if they start to put items in the road that lasts longer than say a year or two, the state goverment loses out on money, grants and jobs too. It's all a money game.They could also put rubber chips from used tires into coal fired plants and it increases the output I'm not sure by how much though.
edit on 4-5-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2013 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What about the commercials ,that can be done too.

For example commercials on a pub can glow at high temperatures in the summer nights and to be seen only from 10 feet and this way to save some beer....for the next day.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just trying something out in a dead thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16/7/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

edit on 16/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hi guys

ATS is 24/7 and world wide

I thought it might be fun to mark on a map where we all live
I've set up a false email with an open password if you wish to participate

All you have to do is

Click on the link

Zoom the map out to find your country

and back in close to where you live

Then hit this button

And mark your town

Just a bit of fun if you want to see how widespread we are

Link to map

Cody

edit on 16/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
HAHA, great foresight with this thread.
Im surprised it never made it past page 1.

S+F. You were ahead of the game.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

LOL

I was terrified when I posted it, never really thought of myself as a visionary

Until now

Cody

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

where we all live? You're not planning a mass round up r u?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Please ignore I was testing a link
edit on 8/5/15 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join