It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twice confessed arsonist of a nuclear sub to avoid indictment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok so he confesses to setting a nuclear sub on fire not once but TWICE, and the prosocuter is trying to resolve the case out of court?

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Court documents indicate a civilian shipyard worker accused of setting a fire that caused $400 million in damage to a nuclear-powered submarine has been offered a proposal to resolve his case without a trial. Casey James Fury, 24, of Portsmouth, N.H., faces two counts of arson at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery.

I would see that as domestic terrorism, treason at the least. So why would they not hang him out to dry?
full article
$400 Million in damage on a nuclear sub and it's gonna get swept under the rug, I don't get it? Anybody better versed in law than I have any ideas why they would want avoid a trial?
edit on 10/31/2012 by iwontrun because: spelling

edit on 10/31/2012 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Anybody better versed in law than I have any ideas why they would want avoid a trial?

I would say that since he has admitted to the crimes their is no reason to spend the money taking this to trial.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Just seems like they'd wanna make an example out of him.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
He said he did it the first time so he could get off work early.

You think he might be a bit nuts?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Just seems like they'd wanna make an example out of him.

Had this man not actually admit to the crime the prosecution probably would have done that, but usually when one admits to a crime the prosecution has the decision on whether or not to go to trial.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Just a little!

new topics

top topics

join