It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Maze of Amazement (The True Matrix)

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/bw50905458.jpg[/atsimg]

In a thread I wrote back on August 18th of 2011 entitled Earth School: The Next Evolution of the Human Mind (Breaking the Matrix) I briefly mentioned what I call the Maze of Amazement. I decided I would like to visit this concept and go further into my conception of what it is and what it means to us. I feel that we, the people of the “Civilized” World, have been caught in this maze for far too long and it is time to recognize the maze around us in order to move forward in the evolution of the Human race. As long as we are stuck in the maze we do not move forward but only in circles. Even most of those that have broken free of its trappings still work within and maintain it from a better perspective of its twists and turns.

What is the Maze of Amazement? Well I see it as a trap that we, the Human race, have created for ourselves and maintain in the guise of Civilization. It is a metaphor for our self-built cage in the form of an ever changing maze. Picture if you will a giant maze that we are all walking around in. With every turn something amazes us be it a discovery of our natural world, a creation of technology, or some cool little trinket that catches our attention. We are all caught up in this maze as an addiction of what is around the next corner. The value of life has shifted due to this created maze from life and nature to trinkets and wealth. It is our own created matrix. This maze IS the illusion, not reality itself. From the inside of this maze we perceive it to be reality and it is to the point where it is the “accepted way of life” but in truth it is only as real as we allow it to be for each of us as individuals.

There are those that recognize the maze for what it is, some have given up attempting to free themselves from the maze, some have simply chosen to join-in in the perpetuation of it, and there are also those that have left the maze behind altogether and have been ostracized for doing so.

Given up:
    Those that have given up and simply endlessly walk the maze are doing what is expected of them and nothing more. These are the people that those that created the maze want everyone to become. They simply follow the rules of the maze and join into the consumption of amazement.

Joining in:
    Those that have chosen to join into the building and perpetuation of the maze Amaze us every day with every corner we turn. Some are more experienced in amazing others and they tend to like where they are at. The vantage point in which the view the maze is pretty indeed. Some will push others off their ladders as they attempt to become the amazers while others continue to climb in order to get a better view. There are only so many ladders available to be climbed.

Stepped out:
    This category actually has two subcategories. Those that found the exit and those that “Run” the maze.

Those that have found the exit can be broken into subcategories themselves, from those that walked off into nature leaving “civilization” behind to “Spiritual People” who live their lives going within and absolving themselves of all property, for example. These people are looked down upon by the masses for not contributing to the function of the maze and they are held in contempt by those that are entrusted with maintaining the maze and those that run it.

Those that “Run” the maze have stepped out of it in order to maintain its existence. They are the rich and powerful that save their amazement for themselves. The direct the level and speed in which the masses receive these amazements in order to set the trends of amazement which in turn ensures that the maze remains and the illusion is not lost or forgotten.

Each and every one of us is currently in the Maze of Amazement, as, if we did fit into the first sub-category of “Stepped out” we would not be on the internet to even read this post. But the questions are where in the maze are you? What role do you currently play within it or are you one that has “Stepped out” to control it? Is it an illusion you are happy living in?

Myself, I see the maze for what it is and truly wish it were possible for me to walk through the exit. At this point I just can’t take that step, as, I have young children that would be affected in ways I cannot, in good conscience, put them through at this point, but I fear the exit is rapidly being closed forever and time is running out. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to reading your replies.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Agarta because: Added Pic

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This could turn out to be a very interesting conversation. I'll take the position of stepped out, category 1. (There's a better word for it, but for now, I'll go with your analogy.)

I watch the maze, interact when required, but other than that have little interest. I used to think of myself as enlightened, but came back to reality to visit.

Curiously enough, I wonder what your position in the maze is?

(I'll also have to go back and read your other thread, but ATM, I am carving a Samhain Jack-o-Lantern, and baking the traditional pumpkin seeds.)

I'll be floating around ATS for a while tonight.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I think you pegged my position while describing your own Druid If it were not because of my Children not being old enough to "make" it out there I would have exited a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ah hah, but I also have three children in. The youngest being nearly 9. What better reason to participate, than to teach them the fallacies the maze provides? When you teach them to question reality, you prepare them as well for their own inevitable exit. Eventually, they will learn to see the inconsistencies we prop around us to keep us "safe", the false sense of security our minds need to survive.

But, then I must ask, what are the basic needs that we require? What can we discard?

(Back to more pumpkin guts!
)

edit on 10/30/12 by Druid42 because: space added for bbcode

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All done carving and baking seeds. What fun to share with the little one, as he loves pumpkin seeds baked to perfection (as do I).

I also had the time to read your other thread, and read through your PDF. Very nicely explained.

It's nice to meet others, such as yourself, and refreshing to see the openness with which you share. Such effort is truly appreciated. Kudos.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you so much for the kind words. You had stated you were going to read it so I chose to wait to reply to your question as I think that thread answers it well. Thank you again.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am in some sub catagory of some sub catagory am I in hell yes can I be out yes why do I choose what I do cause I do. I am not good at words or being crazy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've been straddling the line between escapee and entertainer (amazement creator).

I've sat in the chair knowing that one "flick" of belief and I'd no longer "be" as most people currently know me... yet I continue to be as most people currently know me. Not entirely sure why, but I continue to have moments where I say "Ahh... yes... that moment was worth waiting as I am for."

But in reality just waiting for the right moment to "jump" while accepting I really don't know anything about when/where that jump will take me, even though I know I know everything I need to know.

Thanks!
edit on 30-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am the True Matrix !
Look at my mazes of amazement

posted this in the "ATS Cartoons Time" thread first :

it will chalenge your brain in so many ways .. but there is only 1 possible exit --> THE SOURCE !

Can people find all EXIT DOORS from all levels ?

This one was a prototype lol (LEVEL 1 : EASY) (not recommanded for advanced players)

Getting better and more complexe ! (LEVEL 2 : MEDIUM)

My personnal favorite ! (The World) (LEVEL 3 : HARD)

LAST Level (The Dimension X) (LEVEL 4 : EXTREME)

I Dare anyone to finish all 4 !
took me a few yrs to have the 4 sheets completed
i think i started at 10 and finished the fourth pages at 15
its a long time ago (found them back recently and took pictures with the iphone)

People can print all of them in case the electricity goes out
to have time to waste a bit under a candle until the electricity comes back
the brain always need to be chalenged (help focusing)

btw .. all mazes have a way out

that i remember well lol
now 20 yrs later .. all the mazes are in my head
and i know all traps and real exits lol

SNF
edit on 10/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I can relate, but I don't completely agree.

A big part of our world is build on illusions, which some are more oblivious to than others, and for good reasons. If a person is lead to believe something from childhood, it is naturally hard to change that around later in life, and since we all descended from people who didn't know anything, it is naturally a slow process to rid society of it's confusions.
In most cases these illusions are put in place to ease interaction between people, and we do consciously accept a lot of them - traditions, rituals, laws, rules, strategies, celebrations, nationalities, sports, and even wars are all illusions, which will only exist as long as people participate, but they all reflect an urge to create harmony and order in a society however feeble or downright stupid. The list is naturally much longer than the few things I just mentioned.
But when past on from generation to generation these constructs often become corrupted for various reasons, but mainly because of fear and that is when the maze, as you so call it, becomes a problem. Peoples values are distorted etc.

I would like to recommend people who have not yet had the pleasure of reading Kurt Vonnegut's book Cat's Cradle, to check it out. It features the very amusing made up religion of Bokononism which unlike most religions, is quite openly founded on outright lies, which people accept as a necessity for it to work.

But as I said I don't completely agree. Cause in don't think it is a matter of either being civilized and hence in the maze, or spiritual and out. I think there are both, spiritual people still wandering mazes and civilized people who have left the rat race behind. Actually I think that in most cases all the spiritual ideas are just as much an illusion as the rest of the stuff. Sure it works for some, brings structure and harmony to some, might ease some interactions and maybe even confront older ideas, but it is still nothing but and upgrade. Illusion 2.0.

As long as you base your ideas on belief you are at risk of being fooled. Stick to what you know and what you can prove and you'll be fine.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: spell check

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Nice Op. I feel we are trapped in a maze of sorts. I have a couple of questions why is there no exit signs marked in the maze. Also where is the instruction book for the maze?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Hey Athlon,

If you look closely at the maze I have pictured, at the bottom is a golden gate. This gate is actually within a seemingly unreachable location as there are no inlets to this area from within the maze. This is a representation of the understanding of one must elevate oneself above the maze in order to exit it. As for your request of a handbook it just so happens that the original thread that I reference at the beginning of this one is that handbook.

Agarta

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Very simplistic analysis to be honest.
Did not warrant a thread.

Have another go. Dig deeper. Amaze us

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No need to leave your children and go to a monastery, because it's also a part of the maze. Getting rid of your possessions is actually just making another kind of an amusement maze, maybe it will be based on other things or on anti-things or on non-things, it does not matter, it is still an illusion.

If we are aware of us wondering in illusion then we are not lost anymore.Those who observe their amazements are free of them.

The Exit is actually the best illusion of them all!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Agarta

Very simplistic analysis to be honest.
Did not warrant a thread.

Have another go. Dig deeper. Amaze us

The depth of this metaphor is seen by those who are capable of seeing it. Do you seriously think it has only the surface level description of capitalism? It truly is much much deeper and all you have to do is look. Have another look. See its deeper understandings. Amaze yourself.

Originally posted by n0tab0dy
No need to leave your children and go to a monastery, because it's also a part of the maze. Getting rid of your possessions is actually just making another kind of an amusement maze, maybe it will be based on other things or on anti-things or on non-things, it does not matter, it is still an illusion.

If we are aware of us wondering in illusion then we are not lost anymore.Those who observe their amazements are free of them.

The Exit is actually the best illusion of them all!

Again this metaphor is much deeper that simple possessions and having or not having. It is much more than simply walking away as one location is no different than anther within the maze. The gate being an illusion is all part of the grand illusion itself. Seeing it as an illusion means one has not recognized the depth of the illusion itself.

To both of you, please go to the original thread I referenced above. The deeper understandings of this one might become a little more clear to you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I love the illusions and the fact that if you look hard enough, you can sometimes see through them
Me? Ive been all over the maze.. and have been aMAZEd. Throughout my life Ive changed.. and some illusions fall yet others take their place. As you go along you sort of realize its all smoke and mirrors.. and go trough the funhouse pretty optimistically. I cant imagine why anyone would want to find the end of the maze.. and end the adventure. Different strokes I guess.
To me.. the journey is the fun part and Id hate for that to end prematurely.. the goal is sometimes only incidental.. and youre off seeking another maze or to go back through this one and explore a little more deeply.. nooks and crannies. My maze is in my mind.. to look it as a material addiction to the illusion really discounts the depth of who we are and what we can be... and the joy and fun we can have being it. I exited the material maze and the whole wheel spinning idea long ago. What if the maze is a dimensional thing.. its not linear.. but we can move in ANY direction... even cut through the hedges. Or a 5d maze even... mazes of endless tessellations

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Honestly I find it very arrogant and somewhat of a cheap shot when you tell people that they just need to look deeper, or that you are suggesting that some people simply just can't grasp the metaphor you are presenting them with.
This is exactly the problem with spirituality, religion or any other kind of super natural concepts. You think it is the receivers responsibility to understand your crazy messages, and if they don't, it's either because of misinterpretation or lack of faith.
Anybody who has worked with communication knows that is always the senders responsibility to make themselves understandable, and if people don't get it, your message is most likely the problem.
That is why law is written in such a meticulous manner, so that there is as little room left for interpretation as possible.
But when you don't have any real evidence you have to be wage about stuff, and that will get you where you are now. Telling people that they are to stupid to understand your brilliant ideas..

So as the nice man said. HAVE ANOTHER GO!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Explanation: S&F!

OL is reminded about this recent crop circle ...

Endless crop circle by A272 'best this year' (by predator0187 posted on 14-10-2012 @ 09:26 PM) [ATS]

And also reminded OL about Maya (aka the illusion in hindu mythology) [wiki]

Maya or Māyā (Sanskrit माया māyāa[›]), in Indian religions, has multiple meanings, usually quoted as "illusion", centered on the fact that we do not experience the environment itself but rather a projection of it, created by us. Māyā is the principal deity that manifests, perpetuates and governs the illusion and dream of duality in the phenomenal Universe. For some mystics, this manifestation is real. Each person, each physical object, from the perspective of eternity, is like a brief, disturbed drop of water from an unbounded ocean. The goal of enlightenment is to understand this—more precisely, to experience this: to see intuitively that the distinction between the self and the Universe is a false dichotomy. The distinction between consciousness and physical matter, between mind and body (refer bodymind), is the result of an unenlightened perspective.

And finally OL is wondering if the Minoan Minotaur[ [wiki] and the Labyrinth [wiki] on Crete may have any lessons for us to learn in regards to dealing with this threads topic?

Personal Disclosure: Please enjoy this short 10min vid on Plato's Cave .. the analogy fits quite well IMO.

Coincidentally whilst OL was hunting the Minotaur info I came across this tidbit under the wiki of the Minotaurs real name ... Asterion [wiki] = star

Asterion in the herbal of Dioscurides, is Silene linifolia. Of this herb, found near the Heraion of the Argolid, Pausanias noted "On its banks grows a plant, which also is called asterion. They offer the plant itself to Hera, and from its leaves weave her garlands."

Silene [wiki]

Silene undulata (syn. Silene capensis) is used by the Xhosa tribe in Africa as an oneirogenic agent. Reputedly, a small amount of the root bark of this species is pulverised with water to produce a white froth. This froth is then sucked off and swallowed. The user's dreams for the following several nights are said to be more vivid and memorable than usual, although no effects are felt while awake.

Very curious and intriguing!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So odd to have stumbled on this thread.

My dreams have been getting uber entertaining again. The most recent was about a huge maze a bunch of "humans" were running through. The thing was you only had a certain amount of "time" until they closed the gate again.

Me and like 9 others made it out if I remember correctly. After getting "out" they burnt our finger prints off with lasers !
It was humans doing it and they were laughing at my reaction
Kinda like "You big baby it isn't that bad".

I couldn't help but want to go back into the maze again and get the ones that didn't make it out in "time".

It felt like a carnival ride of sorts. Like there was a line to get back in and run the maze

edit on 3-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Just watched the Plato's Cave animated version. I really needed that right now
Thanks!

The purple "eye" they had was cool too.

If I may quote Jack Johnson (the singer song writer not the boxer)

Well Plato's cave is full of freaks Demanding refunds for the things they've seen I wish they could believe In all the things that never made the screen

Thanks again for that I needed it, Time to sleep now LOL

new topics

top topics

join