It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to attempt an 'other side' travel of sorts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's the thing. I've been a paranormal investigator for a decade-ish. I'm scheduled for lapraposcopy on the 9th of November. I'll be going fully under for this. And I'm terrified. First surgery ever.

BUT I want to see if something will happen while I'm under. I'd prefer nothing that means I had died and was brought back of course, though if that's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm more looking to see if I can just see the other side or communicate with someone/s.

It'd be interesting if it happened and I'll report here either way. I don't know if I should breathe in the gas (or whatever they give you) and think of a destination or a person. I wonder if I think of a deceased loved one, I'll find them, or if I think of someone dear to me alive, I'd maybe astral visit them in their home etc? I'm not really sure HOW to go about this. Sadly, right now, fear of surgery and pain and not waking up from the anesthesia OR having it half take so I'm paralyzed but still feel everything going on ( have you read those stories? Oh my GOD....) is invading my mind. BUT I think this would be a good opportunity to attempt this.

Any ideas what I could try while the anesthesia is taking affect? I can only obviously try one thing xD I can't just go, "Okay guys. Guys... this isn't working. Lemme wake up a moment and yeah, try again with this other idea."

I'm fairly positive I'll feel woozy and then wake up 2 seconds later - though it's really been 4 hours (aka typical surgery from what I've heard) - and have nothing, but I'm determined to try this. Am I able to do out of body experiences from the comfort of my bed? No. I have tried many times. Have I been able to communicate with those deceased? Yes, I definitely have. I definitely have gifts, that's for sure.

I just want to make this surgery (and the possible next one given the results of this first one) work in my favor so I can hopefully see/experience more out there and have some modicum of answers to questions we all have. Though sadly, the proof alone will be mine to hold. Until things happen personally, not many believe others' accounts 100%. Still. I want to give this a good college try.

So, any and all opinions on what I could try, think about, focus on, do, mantra, etc would be most helpful. I have til a week from this Friday. I hope others here get as into this as I am.
I definitely want this to happen - but am also realistic that nothing will, too. It's a 50/50 of course. My desire for something to happen IS high, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Just stay on this side of the divide, cross over when its time during old age.

Any attempt by you to cross over to the other side while under anethesia could mean you might not want to be coming back.

We like you here in our world even though we really don't know you.

So... stick around, don't do things that nobody can really tell what can occur when your in a short coma induced state.

Peace, and success to you and your surgery.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I can't tell you that anything will or will not definitely work. Do make sure that you have friends and family praying for you during the procedure in any case.

I tried a couple times before and can't recall anything from the time I started feeling drowsy until waking up afterwards. Of course, it's possible that something may have happened and I just don't remember.

Maybe you can practice recalling your dreams each night as you wake up so you can get into practice remembering after the procedure.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that focusing on what you want to happen but have no expectations is the best thing you can do. I was very skeptical of "the other side" up until recently when I was in a self discovery phase and decided to give meditation a try. Within a few days (probably ten hours or so) of meditating I had an experience like the one you would like to have. It was an infinite other side of oneness and peace/love. It even sounds crazy to me now but some people have experienced it and know what I'm talking about. I would suggest meditation but I wish you good luck and good health during your surgery.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Thanks, all. I have no doubt I'll return from surgery my old fine self.

I suppose I can just let happen what happens. If I wake with nothing recalled, that's fine. If I wake with memories of stuff, that's fine too. I do know I'll report back here once I'm cognizant from it and let everyone know what happened, of course. It may be a day later. I'm not sure how long I'll be 'out of it' once i get back home.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
why are people just dieing to see whats on the other side

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Good luck with the op and I hope it all goes well for you.

Like you, I'd very much enjoy a voyage to the 'other side' as long as I have the fare to bring me back and share it. Whenever I've had the 'pleasure' of anaesthesia any big ideas were nuked in seconds and I just came round with a groggy hangover and no recall whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OP is that a photo of you!?
MAMASITA!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim181
why are people just dieing to see whats on the other side

For me, just curious.
I have a big "what if.... " type of aspect to my mind.
Guess I have a large imagination?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes that's me. Taken a few months ago, I'm going to be 40 in March. UGH. xD

And yeah, I have curiousity as well, though as I said in my OP, I have had contact with those who have departed. I'm just curious to see what, if anything, will happen, but it no doubt will go like the mod said: one moment there, next moment POOF, awake and realize you lost a few hours and have zero recollection of it all

Still, anything and everything is worth a shot. I think I'd more prefer to go astral visiting a few pals: let em know what they were doing and wearing while I was out cold. Freak em out some.

Either way, I'll be posting any results if they are nothing to something.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Uhm, good luck with that during your surgery....

Under general anesthesia, for instance, patients lose pain perception, awareness, memory, and the ability to move.

No awareness, no consciousness. Basically, you are in a coma.

One of the things that struck Brown from watching his patients' EEGs is how quickly and completely drugs like propofol can alter brain activity. As patients enter an anesthetized state, the normal pattern of low-intensity but high-frequency waves shifts to one of less frequent but more intense pulses—as if the constant chatter of the brain had given way to a chant. The location of activity shifts from the back of the brain to the front. Although it's possible to take patients into such a deep state of unconsciousness that their EEG is essentially flat, in most cases bursts of EEG activity alternate with periods of relative inactivity that can last for minutes.

Link.

However, good luck with your surgery! I wish you a fine and speedy recovery.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

lapraposcopy

what is this?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I tried such an exploration, too, when I went under. When the doctor asked me to start counting, I did a joke and pulled the "Ab-Fab" routine and said "One...........................................................................". Nothing happened when I was under. I wish SOMETHING would have, but it didn't. It was a morning procedure and I woke up late that afternoon. Although I had been under, I woke up tired and like I had not slept. I think being under from gas is not the same as being under like a near death/death experience. It's like I was just unconscious from the drugs. I am very spiritual and that experience was nothing spiritual. I"ve had many more conscious, near death, supernatural things happen to me when I wasn't "under", like then. Well, that's my 2 cents for now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OP, your very brave, i had an operation few years ago to remove 15inches of my intestine, and i have to say i ws absolutely terrified and just wanted to get it over with.

And please dont worry about stuff like waking up in the middle of it, or dying, because frankly it doesnt happen that often, if your fit and healthy your pretty safe.
I had valium before hand to relax me and i would suggest you have it too, it makes things a lot easier to cope with. I remember when they put the mask on my face, it was only seconds before it started to work, and i felt like i was being pulled down a tunnel and i was scared, all i could hear was the anaesthatist saying "just relax, let go" and then, what seems like minutes later, i woke up.
Youll be fine.
Good luck with your adventure.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I doubt you'll remember a thing. When they put you out, you're out! One minute you feel really relaxed and the next you're awake and the operation is over. You may laugh like hell after if they give you good pain meds.

The only opertions I have had was once as a child having my tonsils removed and then at 54 for a lumpectomy from breast cancer. Both times I was terrified, but in no time they had me all relaxed then out like a light and bam, you're up and fine.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

A slightly invasive procedure in which they make an incision in your abdomen and insert a camera to peer around and look at things, typically done for uterine trouble, intestinal disorders, and the like. The OP didn't specially state the nature of her required exam.

(The reasons are often personal, and since she didn't state them, I'll consider them confidential, and none of our business!)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't take this as insensitive, but I can't believe any "Paranormal Experience" Induced by medication, or other substances.

I've experience a few substances in my past so I don't want to hear those come in and defend it, it's the result of the substance alone.

Anesthetics are known to produce hallucinations, vivid dreams, and other phenomena. So I don't think you will get a genuine out of body experience during your surgery.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've been under a few times, and statistically speaking, you have nothing to worry about. Complications from being put under like this are quite rare nowadays, and that is why we have actual anesthesiologists who specialize in just putting people under. So I would not worry about that at all.

I must say that I do not think your experiment will work. If you do happen to fade in and out of consciousness, which has happened to me during one of my experiences, the feeling is of being heavily drugged, and nothing really makes much sense.

I do not think the brain is in the correct state to be able to accomplish what you speak of, and most likely you will not experience anything while being put under. You will just quickly fade out, and then awaken shortly afterwards, not remembering anything that occurred. That is what most likely is to happen anyway. You surely can attempt this experiment though, because I am not an expert on the matter, and could be wrong. Just let us know if anything like this happens. And do not worry about anything bad happening to you, because the chances of that are so remote as to be non-existent. And the procedure itself is relatively routine, and you will likely be fine. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've had many operations .......don't worry you'll be fine

Every operation I've had, the anaesthesia has been administered via a cannula in the back of my hand, and each time I've been asked to count backwards from 10......never got further than 7! and I've never had a single recollection of anything whilst I've been under, the last op I had was a 4 hour one on my spine, the 4 hours were totally lost to me, the anaesthetist inserted the cannula, asked me to count back from 10.....the next thing I was in a bed on a recovery ward!....no dreams, no nothing!....I was out for 4 hours.....could have been 4 minutes!

Perversely, it's quite a nice feeling, but it does make you think about death and that total shut down, but only after it's all over and you've woke up again.....and you will wake up don't worry about that

But I'll bet, this being your first ever general anaesthetic, you'll look at things a little differently in the future.

Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
As promised, I'm back.

As foretold, nothing paranormal happened.

But got a lot of bad news from it all sadly.

I had a bad reaction to anesthesia and my blood pressure dropped more than what is considered normal. my eyes swelled as well. that's going down. but im far worse than anyone thought. i am severely clogged up in my uterus, infection has spread to ovaries, uterus and cervix, have no alternative to get it all removed. they are also doing a biopsy; could be cancer. so just pray for me that it is not cancer. regardless, i have to lose everything in me. im going for a follow up soon here to find out exactly what's going on.

Kinda wish I had had a paranormal experience instead, to be honest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join