It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your VOTE COUNT! ATS VOTE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here are the rules.

NO debating in this thread. Just name the person you believe should be president.

READ THE POSTS FIRST BEFORE YOU REPLY.

If you see the name of the candidate for whom you wish to vote already posted, STAR that post.
When you vote, post a reply saying, "I voted for POTUS on ATS." to bump the thread and show that you participated!

Edit to add : If you see the candidates name twice, ONLY VOTE ONCE. If you will not be voting, star the first member's post that STATES they will not vote.

I will (and anyone who wants to help) add up the votes and will provide a margin of error for double votes. I know that some people will to be dishonest which makes me sad. But so be it.

Because the thread is never-ending by nature of itself, there will be intermittent counts with results posted every now and again.

This is important because we will only be able to count stars for the votes of the candidates -- reading every post to count all the votes would take a long time and might be difficult.

DO NOT vote with multiple accounts, please, I beg you in the name of God. Let this thing be honest and legitimate.

WE need to stand together. Above Top Secret is a community - and while we do not always get along or agree, we have a chance to do something.

Some of the brightest minds are here at this place.... and some of the craziest, too. So let's do something with that.

For once, everyone at Above Top Secret can agree upon something. We can get long-time lurkers to finally SIGN UP knowing they might make a difference.

I am not going to type the name of the person for whom I am voting because I do not want to appear as if I am looking for stars. So the first person to type the name of the person for whom I am voting, I will star that post as my vote and it will be counted.

At the end of this process, whichever name has the most votes here at ATS should be considered the ATS community's vote for candidate. So if you participate in this process, then you agree to back-up whichever candidate gets the most votes here.

So here are the rules again:

Star the post with the name of the candidate for whom you are voting.
THEN post a reply saying, "I voted for POTUS on ATS." This reply helps to keep the thread bumped so that others are able to see it.

So... the first few posters have a responsibility to type the name of their candidate.

Whoever we end up backing up - this is the same for whom we should vote at the polls.

I have refused to vote thus far because of the state of things. But if you all will participate, you will convince me to go out and vote. So if you want your candidate to get the vote, then you will get my vote for your candidate if your candidate wins this ATS vote!

This is my own personal doing - the creators and administrators did not have any part of this process. I am not using the ATS as my brand at all, but simply referring to the community of Above Top Secret here. Let it be known that this thread is my own personal idea and not the idea of the creators, moderators, administrators, or anyone else with authority here at ATS.

Please... participate, everybody. I want to see that everyone here truly wants change. When we find out who our candidate is, we can tell EVERYONE to vote for that person. We can hound everyone and make sure that they hear us.

I will pray that everyone has an opportunity to vote and I will pray that everyone here is able to work together for this. As I said in the other thread, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. My enemy is the current state of the government of the United States of America. Because EVERYONE here agrees that the government is completely out of line, then you are MY FRIENDS! So let's be friends and work together.

Thank you very much everyone.
edit on 10/30/2012 by TarzanBeta because: To add information

edit on 10/30/2012 by TarzanBeta because: Instructions edit

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Roseanne Barr

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Virgil Goode

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No One. I refuse to take part in a two party election any longer.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
edit on 30-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added campaign advertising

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am going to vote.

I do not tell (ANYONE) who I vote for.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
No One. I refuse to take part in a two party election any longer.

And anyone who feels this way must star that post.

That will also be considered a vote.

Thank you for your statement and your vote for your conviction.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am going to vote.

I do not tell (ANYONE) who I vote for.

Then star the name when it shows up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Romney/Ryan

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Jill Stein

ATS should really allow polls to be put in threads, especially since this site is so political.

edit on 30-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A couple of names still missing yet.

They'll arrive soon.

Everyone be willing to go to the second page to find your candidate.

And thank you those of you who are willing to be the head vote for your respective candidates. Brave and wise at that!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Gary Johnson

www.garyjohnson2012.com...

Live Free!!

link   
Jerry White.

SEP

link   
Edit my post

olaru12 posted at the same time
and beat me by seconds

My stars shall count twards him
edit on 10/30/2012 by EvilBat because: Had written Gary Johnson at the same time olaru12 did

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As if voting for this or that candidate changes anything.

Especially when there are only two parties of which you can not tell which one is the more corrupt one.

What a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If you see the candidates name twice, PLEASE only vote once.

I beg you, so that the numbers can be the most honest.

Please do not justify all the legislation and the actions the government has taken to make elections harder than ever to participate in. Prove that we can be honest.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
God
edit on 30-10-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Since we both posted at the exact same time - I editied my post
to remove the name and hopefully you can get a better count

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat

Since we both posted at the exact same time - I editied my post
to remove the name and hopefully you can get a better count

Very wise and I am grateful for you. Thank you very much