It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians; Do you run your country or does your country run you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
you just have some poorly constructed politically bias website (a website that still uses tables for layout is not credible no matter how you look at it).

You claim the government is illegal, but you have no basis for that other than your own ignorance of the system.

Wow you are scraping the barrel if you attack the way a website is developed.
Haha, that doesn't lend you any credibility, sorry.

Now, in terms of what I do and do not know, that you will not know. You can however assume all you wish on that topic.
But first thing is first, before you go waiving your patriotical fist in the air and rant at me about questioning my Government (see illegal Government), please note the seal on the top of the first page of the Governor-Generals Letters Patent.
www.gg.gov.au...
Notice it is the corporate seal of Australia... Notice how it ISN'T the Great Seal of Australia?
Now please read the last section of page one... Oh hell don't bother, I know you want me to do you work for you, so I will just quote it here;

NOW THEREFORE, by these Letters Patent under Our Sign Manual and the Great Seal of Australia --

You might start to see the cause for concern over the legitimacy of our Government (see illegal Government).

edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Spelling

edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Added link for to Letters Patent for the lazy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Wow you are scraping the barrel if you attack the way a website is developed.
Haha, that doesn't lend you any credibility, sorry.

Im a web developer, so to me the inspect element is important in establishing credibility--perhaps not for you but you are not me, Im yet to run a whois on the site but I'll let you know who owns it if and when I do

Now, in terms of what I do and do not know, that you will not know. You can however assume all you wish on that topic.

Well I have my assumptions yes, have you been able to challenge my perception; No.

But first thing is first, before you go waiving your patriotical fist in the air and rant at me about questioning my Government (see illegal Government)

Again with the baseless claim of illegal governemnt

... please not the seal on the top of the first page of the Governor-Generals Letters Patent.
Notice it is the corporate seal of Australia... Notice how it ISN'T the Great Seal of Australia?

I also noticed it is not fair use of branding, but hey dont let that distract you...

Now please read the last section of page one... Oh hell don't bother, I know you want me to do you work for you, so I will just quote it here;

NOW THEREFORE, by these Letters Patent under Our Sign Manual and the Great Seal of Australia --

You might start to see the cause for concern over the legitimacy of our Government (see illegal Government).

I also noticed this little bit of disclaimer in grey-on-grey text (and you questioned my inspect element approach
) after the copyright info...

The reader accepts full responsibility in validating or applying this information in every respect.

The site itself admits its information is fraudulent by including such.

Please go back to your fish and chip shop now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Im a web developer, so to me the inspect element is important in establishing credibility--perhaps not for you but you are not me, Im yet to run a whois on the site but I'll let you know who owns it if and when I do

How important of you. This matters not to the subject or validity of information.

Well I have my assumptions yes, have you been able to challenge my perception; No.

Do I wish to challenge them? No.

Not baseless at all... It is our job as citizens to question our Government (see illegal Government), it is their job to prove that they are legitimate.

I also noticed this little bit of disclaimer in grey-on-grey text (and you questioned my inspect element approach

The reader accepts full responsibility in validating or applying this information in every respect.

Just because there is a disclaimer, doesn't mean that it is fraudulent. That is a baseless assertion on your behalf.

And you are strangely obsessed with Fish and Chip shops... were you raised in one?

edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Missed a '/'

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

How important of you. This matters not to the subject or validity of information.

The owner of the site matter a great deal as the bias that it presents.

Do I wish to challenge them? No.

Then be content in my opinion unless you are willing to challenge it

Not baseless at all... It is our job as citizens to question our Government (see illegal Government), it is their job to prove that they are legitimate.

Which is proven by the several acts of parliament (both UK and Cth) that transitioned power from a British Military Government to the "Representational Democracy" we have here today.

Just because there is a disclaimer, doesn't mean that it is fraudulent. That is a baseless assertion on your behalf.

Its not baseless, it is a technique to avoid litigation in any defamation/slander action.

And you are strangely obsessed with Fish and Chip shops... were you raised in one?

No I was under the impression I was in discussion with Pauline Hanson; clearly I was mistaken as any former commonweath member would have a better understanding of political process.

edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: he is an idiot'

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

And WHO the HELL does she think she is to take it by federal vote. It should be a commonwealth Vote.
No one can dispute that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The owner of the site matter a great deal as the bias that it presents.

You will find that the owner does not hide the reason for the site.
Watch the video - unless you are afraid of what you will learn.

Then be content in my opinion unless you are willing to challenge it

Then I am content in the opinion that 'You know nothing cartenz'.

Which is proven by the several acts of parliament (both UK and Cth) that transitioned power from a British Military Government to the "Representational Democracy" we have here today.

Could you kindly link this information? With all the official political documents with their correct seals and references to the Commonwealth of Australia as per the Australian Constitution [9th of July 1900]?

Its not baseless, it is a technique to avoid litigation in any defamation/slander action.

Show me one site on the internet that has HOW-TOs or DIY that doesn't reference some disclaimer voiding them of ANY responsibility?

No I was under the impression I was in discussion with Pauline Hanson; clearly I was mistaken as any former commonweath member would have a better understanding of political process.

Again with insults... I thought I was conversing with an adult.
If you have nothing further to contribute to this thread troll, I request you refrain from posting further.
Else-wise I will report your off-topic posts for deletion.

Thank you for your time cartenz.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This obsession the lunatic fringe have with the PM being unelected is rediculous. The following Australian Prime Ministers were all unelected, as is the case with our democracy: ..........

*Facepalm*.

Really? Is it really a ridiculous obsession of the lunatic fringe?

Well, you've caught me red handed. I guess I'm a fringe lunatic who doesn't know a seafood restaurant from a democratic society. Maybe I should just go back to deep-frying chips and prawns, eh? Let people like you - the "adults", as it were - run our national machine while I keep myself preoccupied with the concerns of "children"?

Nah, f#ck that. I've got something to say on the matter.

First of all, just because our democratic system has been this way forever is no good reason to not readdress the issue. We were all racists for many years, lynching Aborigines, stealing their land, kidnapping their children... but one day someone rose their hand and asked the question, "is this ethical? is this what australia wants to be?". And people like you piped up with "shut up, you obsessed fringe lunatics! You don't know anything about our domestic policy. Don't question the status quo!"

Thank god the lunatic fringe ignored your cries for the indignant continuation of a stupid and primitive way of life.

Second of all, ease up on the condescension. You wear the dress of an intellectual but you act like a schoolyard bully. Get your attitude sorted mate, for your own sake. You're one of those people I referred to in my first reply - the 'potential' that lays dormant in our country. Your potential's being wasted while you chase your tail, jump through the same old hoops and bark at those who threaten your comfort zone with good intentions.

Don't enter into controversial discussions with your guns blazing off the bat for no good reason other than the fact that you simply disagree with the opinions stated, no matter how adamant you are about your beliefs. It's the sure mark of a fool to reject ideas outright just because they don't immediately fit with your preconceived models of what is "correct" - whatever the hell that means. It means something different to everybody. That's one of the main characteristics that makes us "human".

And you know what? That's okay. It's normal and healthy. If anything, our diversity should be encouraged. Our diversity was what made Australia great for so many years. We were a nation of many colours and patterns. But we're losing our diversity in an apathetic cloud of moral and intellectual decadence. We don't need a nation of like-minded sheep who follow the grain - we need a nation of energetic youth prepared to challenge everything - especially our political systems!

Our world has changed so rapidly over the past century that our institutions, philosophies and societal systems are buckling under the weight of unprecedented growth and social mutation. If we don't adapt, we're screwed. And we're not even trying to adapt. We're not trying to change or challenge anything. And those who are smart enough to challenge these complex issues, won't. People like you - smart men and women who have the mind required to tackle these issues. But you don't do it, you follow the same political rhetoric and mistakes that our ancestors made, and you turn on your fellow brothers and sisters who voice a concern about our current state. Politics are just a fraction of the issue at large.

Third of all...

(a website that still uses tables for layout is not credible no matter how you look at it).

Also a sure mark of a fool. You read books, right? Do you judge them by their cover, too? I haven't even bothered to read that website yet so I cannot attest to its 'credibility', and for all I know you could be correct, but that's irrelevant to my point. As a fellow web designer, I find your remark outlandish at best. By this same logic, do you judge a person's credibility by how modern they dress? I suppose people who use tables for their website layouts are all fringe lunatics who can't be trusted?

But this is a ridiculous digression from the important topic at hand... which was about Australia's political apathy. I know you only made that crazy remark out of some weird attraction to argument for argument's sake. You're a thinker, a debater, a philosopher... but you're stagnant. You're treading the same water that we've all been drowning in for hundreds if not thousands of years.

What's it gonna take for you to finally climb on to land and shout at the top of your lungs, "NO! We're not gonna take this crap anymore! We're better than this. We can do better. I can do better."

Our democratic system is ridiculous. Granted, there are plenty of worse ones to be found... but that's no reason to put up with it. If you believe so strongly that there's nothing wrong with our society today, at least explain clearly why you feel that way without regurgitating the same obedient, flawed rhetoric as our politicians do.

Peace and respect
. I don't mean to be rude if I came across that way - only passionate.

edit on 30/10/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

That Sir / Madam deserves to be stared a million times
well thought out and wonderfully worded

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SageBeno

Just so you know, that when you vote in a Federal election, you are voting for your local federal representative.

Prime Ministers are chosen by the members of the party, not by the Australian public.

So you're sort of right in that we didn't vote for Gillard, but we didn't vote for Howard of Rudd either.

Just so you know, that when you show up to the ballot box and have your name marked off, you give your tacit approval and authorisation for one of our lesser-of-two-evils politicians and their party to rule you.

EVERY state and federal politician out there has signed his or her allegiance to their party first, NOT to the Australian people. Party politics and backroom deals are a pox on our society which should be cleansed with fire. Just sayin'...

Back to the intent of the OP... Just last weekend I was chatting with a family member and the conversation turned to the stupid power price increases. This bloke doesn't have a political bone in his body and doesn't usually care about social issues until they begin to impact him. His parting thought on the power increase issue? "They are gonna have fair dinkum social unrest if they don't watch themselves, and it won't be pretty." That's coming direct from genuine middle-class Australia. I reckon he's right.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Power price increases, understated inflation, high unemployment, balance of payment deficits,high real estate prices, high rents, interest rates at depression-level rates- I think the country is a mess despite what TPTB try to kid us. They are trying to get blood out of a stone and we will all be broke before too long. Julia just cut the baby bonus to save $400 million but still hands real estate speculators $5 billion per year of taxpayers money with negative gearing. Is this disgusting or what? It is easier to take the food out of babies mouths than to upset your wealthly mates eh Julia?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Yeah she is a sneaky sly one for sure, i think she is in completion with Hillary Clinton for the female bad evil award.

I dont know if this is ture but i would say its highly likely.

For those of you who have never travelled to the west, , cattle guards are horizontal steel
rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways
(sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some
reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet
caught between the rails.

A few months ago, Kevin Rudd received and was reading a report that there were over
10,000 cattle guards in NSW & Queensland. Graziers had protested his proposed changes in
grazing policies, so he ordered the Minister to fire half of the “cattle” guards immediately!!

Before the Minister could respond and presumably try to straighten him out, Minister for
Employment Julia Gillard, intervened with a request that…. before any “cattle” guards were
fired, they be given six months of retraining.

pdf link

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I remember something about this- it might be true

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join