It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians; Do you run your country or does your country run you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have a couple of things I want to bring into the light.

The first is Julia Effin Gillard. A horrible abomination that has fallen on Australia.
- Julia Gillard stood in front of her country and said that there will be no carbon tax. Later she stood in from of her country and told them the opposite!

Really? REALLY!? My country just took that? That lie?
Why did this mistake feel like she had a right to be the prime minister? She wasnt even voted into place by the people! She snaked her way in!

The NBN (National Broadband Network) Costs something ridiculous which put our budget back in the red, and will take a period of 10 years to meet the 93% of Australians with high speed broadband criteria.

Wouldnt it seem smart to assume the way in which our technology is advancing, that in ten years, this technology that has put us in the Red for years and years to come will be completely obsolete before we even finish having it connected OR EVEN PAYING IT OFF!?!?

How do we have such jokes in our Parliament?

I dont trust any politician any further than I could throw them.

What do you guys feel of our place in the country/world.

Is it the politicians running the show? Or it someone behind them?

Or is it like in the Movie ANTZ, where the politicians are the grasshoppers and we are the Mass Numbers unaware of the power shared in Mass numbers?

edit on 29-10-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Lol, I dunno what to tell you brother.. other than I agree, and am just as confused as you. Is it the fluoride in the water? Have we all become political zombies? No one seems to give a sh#t about anything anymore, political or otherwise. We just take it. We whinge and whine occasionally, but in the end we just lay down and give up.

As you said, we didn't even elect that dumb bitch to lead our country. She just took over. Literally... it was a political coup. maybe not quite as sinister as a militarized overthrow, but just as effective. a lose translation of 'dictator' would be a leader who wasn't elected by the people, who does what they want regardless of what the people vote for, would it not?..

and we're all like "meh, whatever."

The carbon tax has everyone outraged, yet still... "meh.. screw it. what can i do about it?"

People excuse their complacency with the argument of "it's always been this way - politicians lie. get used to it."

WTF?... it's like they don't want to take on the responsibility of acknowledging that they play a part in this crap. they don't want the added stress or pressure. they just want to cruise along for the ride as an observer and not a participant.

Even the wars we're involved with.. I'm pretty outspoken on the issue yet in my entire life I've never met a SINGLE person who thought that any of them were necessary for us to be involved in... but "meh, if it keeps america off our backs..."

Australia is a beautiful country as far as her land is concerned, and the people here are good people at heart, and they're generally pretty intelligent (for the most part)... but we have a long way to go in terms of activism. it's like we just can't be bothered anymore. we'd all rather get drunk or stoned and watch reality tv shows til we get old and die. i see kids get more pissed off over drink prices at nightclubs and drug dealers overcharging for pills than their country's slow collapse into ruin. our priorities are skewed to say the least!

well f#ck that, and f#ck you australia! wake the hell up n get your crap together already. we're a country with so much untapped potential and the time to tap into that potential is fast running out. if australia falls into the same hopeless political decadence as the other first world countries round the world (like the US, UK etc)... we have no one to blame but for ourselves

sad times for the world. but i still have hope. fool's hope.. but it's better than nothing. i know plenty of people who care and who are smart and powerful enough to make a difference if they'd only commit themselves (that probably includes us, too - there's always something more we can do). something's gotta give eventually. i just wonder how bad things will get before people get motivated

edit on 29/10/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
she'll be right mate. no worries

who is on xfactor?
big brother is about to start...

its liberal or labour!

we are truly slaves of our own making.

at least if we had an uprising our army is too busy shooting defenceless afghan civilians to be bothered engaging us...

www.rawa.org...

just to show im not just being facecious
edit on 29-10-2012 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Really? REALLY!? My country just took that? That lie? Why did this mistake feel like she had a right to be the prime minister? She wasnt even voted into place by the people! She snaked her way in!

Really. Politicians tell these fibs all the time, if you haven't noticed. Likewise, we have a two party system akin to Coke versus Pepsi. You seem to have emotionally baught into this contest...

I think the NBN is great, only our country is so damned expensive, lazy and beaurocratised to have it done a lot faster

Wouldnt it seem smart to assume the way in which our technology is advancing, that in ten years, this technology that has put us in the Red for years and years to come will be completely obsolete before we even finish having it connected OR EVEN PAYING IT OFF!?!?

Did they say that when rolling out the copper network?

What do you guys feel of our place in the country/world. Is it the politicians running the show? Or it someone behind them? Or is it like in the Movie ANTZ, where the politicians are the grasshoppers and we are the Mass Numbers unaware of the power shared in Mass numbers?

Looks like we are a small arm of the Anglo-American Empire. Our politicians run "the-show," for sure, the Coke versus Pepsi show. Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am as speechless as you in regards to Gillard.

The second she seized power (yes seized, she wasn't voted in), the country should have had an impromptu election.
So that WE THE PEOPLE can decide who our new leader should be. But then I would get distracted about how corrupt our Politicians are and our Politics in general.

Maybe we do have an avenue of recourse;
www.truth-now.net...

I used a very similar process to question ANZ over my personal loan and how they "loaned" me the money.
Short and curleys of it is that I no longer get harassed about a bogus debt and am free of it.

As demonstrated in the video, it worked for the gentleman to a degree and really opened his eyes.

As I see it, it shows very prominently that we have a group of people raping our resources and Australians money while pretending to be 'Government' and just hoping we go along with it.
As it shows clearly, they don't have ANY Authority to operate in this country!

Perhaps we should organize a group of people to see where this rabbit hole leads?

(Awaits the knock on the door)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

Nail on the head, even with the just getting stoned or drunk part.

Ten years ago the cost of living was half of what it is now. Without the benefits of a cheaper country and better economy the older generations are only digging the financial graves of us younger types deeper.

So I smoke and say Fk it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

Nail on the head, even with the just getting stoned or drunk part.

Ten years ago the cost of living was half of what it is now. Without the benefits of a cheaper country and better economy the older generations are only digging the financial graves of us younger types deeper.

So I smoke and say Fk it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Just so you know, that when you vote in a Federal election, you are voting for your local federal representative.

Prime Ministers are chosen by the members of the party, not by the Australian public.

So you're sort of right in that we didn't vote for Gillard, but we didn't vote for Howard of Rudd either.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The process is a moot point.
As a general, the Australian people elected Rudd as Prime Minister (To a Government that is illegal).
The moment he was removed from that position, another election should be held.

Otherwise, it would too easily become common practices for the parties to put up puppets that garner only favour through popularity, then put them aside once the election is won.

It is blatantly subversive of our political system and anyone defending such an act is a traitor to the people of Australia... Pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

The moment he was removed from that position, another election should be held.

Another election was held...

A federal election was held on Saturday, 21 August 2010 for members of the 43rd Parliament of Australia. The incumbent centre-left Australian Labor Party led by Prime Minister Julia Gillard won a second term against the opposition centre-right Liberal/National Coalition led by Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, after Labor formed a minority government with the support three independent MPs and one Australian Greens MP.

en.wikipedia.org...

Less than a month after Gillard took Rudd's position, she called for an election.

edit on 29/10/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
From the information I have been reading... The fact she called for an election, was not because it was the right thing to do considering the circumstances.
But plainly because Rudd's current term reached the MAXIMUM allowed time before another election HAD to be held.

en.wikipedia.org...

With that information known, I will cede my dissent on how the process was handled.

That being said, the Government is still an illegal body and we as the Australian People should be removing those from their fraudulent posts and placing them in gaol.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
how quickly we forget.

good one chadwikius, for reminding us that labour was re-elected.
mind you we also voted for the liberal GST too... just shows how stupid we all are...

its all a sham tho, one side or the other, no one does what the country needs, only what their special interests or foreign overlords want

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Australia use too ride on the sheeps back,
Then the mining boom,
Now haven't we all felt pain in the lower back??
BAAA from one of the sheeples

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This obsession the lunatic fringe have with the PM being unelected is rediculous. The following Australian Prime Ministers were all unelected, as is the case with our democracy:
George Reid
Andrew Fisher
Alfred Deakin
Stanley Brucie
Earl Page
Mezies the F***wit
John Cutin
Frank Forde
John McEwen
John Gorton
Sir Malcolm Frazer
Paul Keating

If I have missed or misspelled any names then I apologise. Please can you now stop with the "She wasnt even elected" nonsense, all it proves is that you have no idea about Australian political process.

Go back to your fish and chip shop.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'd like to 'phone a friend', Eddie...

Nothing changes in any major way, from one set of monkeys to the next...the system does not encourage the correct moral attitudes...niether in the electorate, or in the figureheads...the faked christianity within the system is palpable...gives everyone a bad name...unfortunately, those who walk the talk do not survive, and the circus continues, with luminaries, and back-seat 'politicians' creating even more division than what the monkeys do...

Who really represents what?

A99

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

That being said, the Government is still an illegal body and we as the Australian People should be removing those from their fraudulent posts and placing them in gaol.

How is the Government an illegal body? are you questioning the validity of the constitution or its interpretation? The Australian Acts? are the states illegal too or is it just the commonwealth? or is this just generic anarchism?

I would like to hear your ideas

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Read up about it on the site I posted in my first post in this thread.

But as a basic rundown;

Parliament of the Commonwealth as defined within Act to constitute the Commonwealth of Australia 1900 (UK) being the origin of legitimate Acts.

VS

(UK) being the origin of legitimate Acts. Current Parliament of Australia - ABN 52 997 141 147, private corporation, subsidiary company of COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA corporation.

There is also the fact that our Governor-General has not been given her post by Queen Elizabeth.
Therefor she cannot lawfully assent any Prime Minister.
The last Governor General that was assigned by the Queen was Baron Richard Casey;
en.wikipedia.org...

The list goes on, I urge you to read up on the site.
edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Fact check for last Governor General assigned by the Queen.

edit on 30/10/2012 by Sovaka because: Fact fix

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Your link holds no value. Nothing but right-wing paranoia and propaganda.

Also (emphasis mine):

There is also the fact that our Governor-General has not been given his post by Queen Elizabeth.

She. If you dont even know the gender of our Governor-General, you really cant make much commentary on the state of politics in this country.
www.gg.gov.au...

Seriously, go back to your fish and chip shop and leave the politics to the adults.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Pfft, arguing semantics doesn't make the overall statement any less valid.

And adding insults to the post shows how deluded you are by our current political situation.

As with all things on the internet... Research the facts yourself as you please.
Don't take mine or any others word for it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by cartenz

Pfft, arguing semantics doesn't make the overall statement any less valid.

you are right, it is your argument itself that falls on its facts.

And adding insults to the post shows how deluded you are by our current political situation.

You are the one who is questioning the legitimacy of the Commonwealth--from my position that is delusional.

As with all things on the internet... Research the facts yourself as you please.
Don't take mine or any others word for it.

I have a copy of the constitution in the back of one of my law textbooks, and another textbook opened on the origin of the Australian legal system--I can reference my stance (BTW: LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary, and Laying Down the Law 8th ed; Cook C et al--and am happy to go further should I need...), you just have some poorly constructed politically bias website (a website that still uses tables for layout is not credible no matter how you look at it).

You claim the government is illegal, but you have no basis for that other than your own ignorance of the system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join