It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I guess it's probably because people have been desensitized to such a point that they don't know what to believe anymore. Believe this, though....Hurricane Sandy ain't playin'! We've cried wolf before, but something tells me: "the wolf is here"!

This pic comes from Yahoo News

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

BECKLEY, W. VIRGINIA

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am just waiting to see the shark photo pop up in here.....

Other than that, geeze!
I am glad I don't live there and I am glad that a lot of people evacuated when told to.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread OP.

Good call on having the mod's delete any that come along that are fake.
Why anyone would want to. (besides the obvious fake with godzilla etc.) is
beyond me.

I will post them as i find them, and do my best to verify first.

Its going to be a long few weeks for some of these folk's. Lets hope
they were prepared.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

In fact, if FEMA has to pay out on a property more than 2 or 3 times

Wait, WTF. I thought this sort of property damage was covered by private insurance.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by darkhorserider

In fact, if FEMA has to pay out on a property more than 2 or 3 times

Wait, WTF. I thought this sort of property damage was covered by private insurance.

Most flood insurance is written through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

www.floodsmart.gov...

Since standard homeowners insurance doesn't cover flooding, it's important to have protection from the floods associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other conditions that impact the U.S.

In 1968, Congress created the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to help provide a means for property owners to financially protect themselves. The NFIP offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP. Participating communities agree to adopt and enforce ordinances that meet or exceed FEMA requirements to reduce the risk of flooding.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

LOWER EAST SIDE, NY

GROUND ZERO, NY

edit on 29-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
From Tropical Tidbits of the Hoboken subway flooding

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
RED HOOK, BROOKLYN (updated)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a live webcam from Times Square..

aws1.earthcam.com...

pretty scary huh?

most of those photos look Photoshopped..

or from a different storm altogether..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wonder if the guy made the last train out?

The last train to leave Grand Central Terminal on October 28, 2012, left from Track 18 at 7:10 p.m. It was a Stamford local. Link to others, before the storm

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So, ALL of that will be torn down (mold) and rebuilt in the SAME SPOT?

Why does this happen year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year ?

Because it's still cheaper than rebuilding New York City 100 miles inland and the city sorta needs to have a large port and harbor facilities.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Where is this collapsed Crane... scary.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There seems to be an awful lot of water for Sandy to be all hype as some people are suggesting. I hope people and their Children and their Pets are prepared and safe.

I don't sense impending doom but I don't feel real good about Sandy - and that was before I read through threads on this site as well as having a browse on the internet.

Makes me question the word doom - for some it means a catastrophic event and I believe and correct me if I am wrong, to anyone who has already died as a direct result of Sandy - that is definitely catastrophic. Looking at some of the photographs it seems that doom/catastrophe has already struck.

Much Peace...to all the victims of Sandy...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
and people are trying to say this hurricane is all hype

my friend at school's parents are sending him messages telling him this might be the last time he hears from them.
some people are totally f$##$@ and people have no idea...
my prayers and love go out to anyone enduring the worst.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All of the photos i've loaded are from friends and other news outlets. There is NOTHING photoshopped about them. This is the real deal.

EDGEWATER, NJ

MANHATTAN BRIDGE, NY

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

SOUTHHAMPTON, NY

MIDTOWN MANHATTAN, NY

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I guess it's probably because people have been desensitized to such a point that they don't know what to believe anymore. Believe this, though....Hurricane Sandy ain't playin'! We've cried wolf before, but something tells me: "the wolf is here"!

Oh I have no doubt that this is a significant storm, and I hope everyone stays safe. I've followed this storm since its inception, and it has caused significant damage. I think it is a shame though that Sandy seems to only be getting serious media attention because of it hitting New York, when many people never knew it existed when it was a much stronger hurricane in the Caribbean where it killed many people in Haiti and Cuba.

Anyway, after reviewing the pic I commented earlier, I went and found what I think is the precise location (thanks google maps) at Liberty Warehouse around 186 Van Dyke Street, Red Hook, Brooklyn. It appears that the area may be fairly sheltered from the full force of the open ocean waves and wind, so I do not doubt that it is a genuine photo.

Keep them coming, it's been great to see so many striking photographs.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am really concerned for the pets and strays. I do understand that many are much more concerned about the people, but they have had plenty of warning to evacuate or go to higher ground.

The countless animals however, do not have such a luxury. My heart really goes out to them, after what happened in New Orleans with all the pets, I cant help but feel a huge sense of sorrow for these poor creatures.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good pictures from Northern NJ Weather Authority here:

www.facebook.com...
edit on 10/29/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think we have yet to see how bad it really is. Daylight will reveal a ton of devestation.

All these other "Lets Downplay Sandy" threads piss me off because clearly the whole area is facing some severe issues because of the storm.
-The subways are flooded and I'm sure equipment is damaged - people may not be able to get to work for weeks.
-Wall Street is flooded out. What about all of their tech and such? How long would it take to get that back up and running?
-Gas prices are going to jump.

What kind of ripple effect will this send through the whole economy? Not to mention the effect this will have on the elections.

-There was also another thread about how all of the stores are out of food, as are the distribution centers, so the folks may not have electricity, transportation, work or even food for weeks.

Of course, I'm sure Obama will jump in and try to save the day . . .

Finally, let's not forget that this storm is not near being over. It will cause a lot more damage & inland flooding which will, in turn, rush back to the coasts flooding areas that were already flooded from the surge.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
I am really concerned for the pets and strays. I do understand that many are much more concerned about the people, but they have had plenty of warning to evacuate or go to higher ground.

The countless animals however, do not have such a luxury. My heart really goes out to them, after what happened in New Orleans with all the pets, I cant help but feel a huge sense of sorrow for these poor creatures.

Yes! I feel like this after every disaster type situation. So sad. I would never leave my pets behind! They're like my kids!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join