It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Feel free to share yours! This is just the beginning!

OCEAN CITY, MD

REDHOOK, BROOKLYN, NY

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

EAST RIVER, LONG ISLAND CITY, NY

SANDY HOOK, NJ

LONG ISLAND, NY

CAPE MAY

LYNN BEACH, MASS

NORTH CAROLINA

NORTH CAROLINA

NORTH CAROLINA

NEW YORK

Seaside Heights, NJ

LIVE FEED, TIMES SQUARE, NYC

edit on 29-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
that's just the storm surge? that's really bad!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WOW!

That's awful and sad,
I hope everyone stays as safe as they can.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Holy Hell.
Good luck to everyone in the area.
You're all in my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
are you sure these photos are legit? there are a lot of fakes floating around right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There are lots of fakes circulating right now, so keep in mind that even though this storm is devastating that pics that are going around should have a confirmation.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Most of my family is back east, Long Island and Conn, and they are really starting to panic. This could get very bad folks. This storm, imo, is not media hype, and much as some have made it out to be.

My heart goes out to everyone buckling down and preparing for this and I hope everyone pulls through. It will be a tough few days though.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Wow! That Cape May photo is frightening. The photo with the pier has someone standing out there on the pier! I've ridden out many hurricanes, and the beach rodes, and marina damage is to be expected, and the people recover almost instantly. Sometimes they are even better off in the aftermath with insurance money replacing aging and worn roofs and buildings and boats, etc. The same can't be said for those neighborhoods and city areas that get the rising water. There will be some major expense and damage that is hard to assess in those areas. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Good luck up there Yankees!

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So, ALL of that will be torn down (mold) and rebuilt in the SAME SPOT?

Why does this happen year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It doesn't happen year after year in the same spot. Most of the destroyed buildings are decades old, or more. It happens somewhere along the coast year after year, but it doesn't hit the same stuff every year. In fact, if FEMA has to pay out on a property more than 2 or 3 times, they usually attempt to buy the property and tear it down, or they refuse to offer additional coverage for future disasters.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Been watching the storm live on CNN all day and most of the flooding in NJ are real. Not quite sure about the rest. It's horrible that the hurricane hasn't even hit land and its this bad. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected. Especially my in laws who live in Jersey...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not to pi$$ on everyones pitty party, but isn't it really us humans own stupidity here? Yes we need a place to live but if you keep getting storms and flooding, etc. over time don't you think that you should just tear down the buildings and return the land back to nature. Ever hurricane sine Katrina, I have no remore for the people, this is what you get for taking away wetlands, building on or near the coast, etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

!

Thanks for the pics op (I think)

That is what I call TOTAL devastation.

I'm in the north east on Lake Ontario and we are to expect lots of wind and rain. I'm hoping that everyone in the affected areas are okay and that they took the time to plan ahead for this. For once it looks like the media wasn't hyping this one up.

Absolute craziness for such a densely populated area!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow. Brutal. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
are you sure these photos are legit? there are a lot of fakes floating around right now.

Most of these are coming from friends and trusted sources. I'm not going to post anything suspicious...like the Statue of Liberty pic, if that's what you're referring to. If there are fakes, that do slip through....could the mods for this thread, kindly remove it.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

Mod Note: since this will be an ongoing thread, filled with pics, is there any way to leave the editing section readily available for me, instead of closing it in the time frame allotted to edit posts? This way, the pics i share, can all be on 1 page, instead of scattered throughout the entire thread?
edit on 29-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: request

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Anyone else get that weird feeling like there will be some "destruction movie" type wave incoming sometime soon!

If that really is just the effects of the "surge" (pull on the ocean) then this is the potential of being a doomsday scenario..

I'm scared!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Feel free to share yours! This is just the beginning!

NORTH CAROLINA

Whose the nut job on the pier?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlavatskyChannel
Anyone else get that weird feeling like there will be some "destruction movie" type wave incoming sometime soon!

If that really is just the effects of the "surge" (pull on the ocean) then this is the potential of being a doomsday scenario..

I'm scared!

The storm is still 40 miles away from there.
Traveling at 28 mph....with max sustained winds at 90 mph. I can't see HOW NY and NJ can take that kind of pounding for 2 or 3 days. Those skyscrapers in NY move. What will 50 mph sustained winds do? And, keep in mind....there is a river that runs between Jersey and Manhattan...the Hudson River. I see NYC looking like a pool, when this is all said and done. There will be no where for the water to go. Manhattan is nothing but concrete buildings, surrounded by water.

I pray i'm wrong...but i feel like NYC will never be or look the same, and the entire world is going to feel it's affects, sooner than we think.

You know what else is frightening.....the ENTIRE WORLD is focused in on New York. This is waaaaaay too close to being the "PERFECT DISASTER". This will devastate us more than 9/11 could ever dream possible. My friends are already reporting power outtages and seem a little bit scared, right about now!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

FEMA originally started insuring beach houses because, well, rich people live t there and thought it would be nice for the government to pick up the tab on fixing or replacing them. Even John Stossels (ABC) complained that he could afford to replace his summer house but since FEMA was going to pay out, why not?

I agree they should reign the program in and put very strict standards on new home construction. Other areas that do repeatedly flood should be bought out and returned to wetlands. When we started filling them in and trying to reign in our rivers we ended up making things far worse than if we had left them alone in the first place. We need our wetlands and so does the wildlife. Our beaches should be public and not the exclusive playgrounds for the well-to-do,

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There are some amazing pictures there. I especially like the North Carolina photos, like the one with the waves crashing on the pair.

But I must say, some of them look a little 'iffiy'. I think this one especially.

REDHOOK, BROOKLYN, NY

If there was a storm surge that high, the pressure must be very low and you would expect it to be very windy, even if the main part of the storm is still offshore. Yet it appears that the water is fairly calm, especially when you look out to sea, you practically can't see any waves. Compare that to the NC photos, and there is quite a contrast. Maybe it is real, but it just seems really odd to me. Unfortunately, if it is fake, it could cast some doubt over the others, but that shouldn't detract from the genuine photos that are there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join