It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may 'go crazy' after UN bid, its own diplomats warn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Israel's diplomats are warning that President Mahmoud Abbas' bid to upgrade Palestine's status at the United Nations could lead to unrest, Israeli media reported Friday. Foreign Ministry officials and Israeli diplomats abroad have been warning of a scenario in which Israel's government "goes crazy" the day after the UN vote, the Israeli daily Haaretz reported.

The newspaper said diplomats are warning countries worldwide and particularly Europe as part of an intensive diplomatic campaign against the move, which comes months amid Israeli elections.

"This is liable to lead ministers and Knesset members to vie with each other over who can offer a tougher response," Haaretz explained, citing Foreign Ministry sources.

They say delaying the vote by a few months would prevent a possible disaster.

"Even today, the atmosphere in the Prime Minister's Bureau is one of 'this time, we'll show them what's what,'" Haaretz quoted a former senior official in contact with Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu as saying.

"Likud ministers will pressure him, the polls will scare him. And from there it's not far to a response that would bring about a violent conflagration or the collapse of the Palestinian Authority."

LINK

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
IF Palestine wins this Bid , Israel will go Crazy
And Surely , Palestine will Celebrate
From that day on , Palestine will Live as a Free Nation .

Meanwhile , Palestinians vow to press forward with UN recognition, despite Israeli and US objections

“We will go to the U.N. regardless of any threats,” said Tawfik Tirawi, a senior member of President Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement. “I expect the Israelis to take punitive measures against us, if we win this status, but this is our choice and we will not retract it.”

This year, the Palestinians are seeking “nonmember state” status in the U.N. General Assembly, where passage is assured. The 193-member assembly is dominated by developing nations sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. Officials say they are looking for what they call a “quality” majority that includes European countries as well, though Germany and Britain, for instance, have been cool to the Palestinian plan.

LINK
edit on 29-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This scares them more than anything. If the Palestinians finally get the recognition they deserve, Israel won't be allowed to treat them like animals anymore.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Irony abound.

Thats all i am going to say. Those aware of Israels history as a nation will get the point i am making.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast
This scares them more than anything. If the Palestinians finally get the recognition they deserve, Israel won't be allowed to treat them like animals anymore.

yep .Thats their Worst Nightmare . Cheers for Palestine . Am sick of seeing them suffer so much
edit on 29-10-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Go crazy? Who the pirates in israel? I thought that they were already crazy. Did`t one of their leaders say that they needed to act like a crazy dog or something. Im glad that the UN are at last doing this. Its well over due and shame on any diplomats who walk out over this.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Whole World will be Watching Who Votes And Who Walks out

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Listen here World! You better hate who Israel hates if you know what's good for ya! And if you don't by golly we'll throw the biggest baby tantrum you ever heard of! And you Palestinians you better just watch Israel steal your country from you and LIKE IT!

Man alive...isn't anyone sick of this crap yet?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Listen here World! You better hate who Israel hates if you know what's good for ya! And if you don't by golly we'll throw the biggest baby tantrum you ever heard of! And you Palestinians you better just watch Israel steal your country from you and LIKE IT!

Man alive...isn't anyone sick of this crap yet?

Israel is itching for an ass kicking.

Iran, you're up.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't understand why they shouldn't live as a free nation.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Remind me again who the threat is to world peace?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

"Palestine asks the world to reaffirm that the Palestinians are not the exception to the international rule; that they will not be punished for pursuing a peaceful, political and diplomatic initiative on the basis of international law," the document says.

The message followed a private private US memo sent to European diplomats in early October warning that any UN upgrade of Palestine's status "would be extremely counterproductive" for the Palestinians and threatening "significant negative consequences".

You know its lobbies such as AIPAC in America putting aggressive pressure on the world not to recognize Palestine, this should be good when it happens, as were see who's in israel pocket/political prostitutes by the walk outs, as any peace seeking nation or person would agree this is a good thing.

"Negative consequences and extremely counter productive for Palestine",only selfish israel would say a stupid and aggressive comment like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Hard to understand exactly why would they go crazy, and what is meant by that (in my books they have been a tad nut cases all along). Add to that, Israel is mostly on stolen land from Palestinians, so there is even less to get so crazy about, unless of course, their legitimacy for the land is re-considered. Which will happen eventually that too.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Israel tried to give them their own statehood, they refused the deal everytime the offer was made.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Israel tried to give them their own statehood, they refused the deal everytime the offer was made.

They spun you that lie and you bought it. How sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

They spun you that lie and you bought it. How sad.

Really? Is that why Abbas refused the 2 state solution? Because Israel spun a lie for me to believe? I doubt that. He refused because it's all about "al mawt li Israel".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Israel will go crazy because they will lose their natural gas/oil wells. The sole reason they kicked the Palestinians out of a certain area and have been blocking aid ships is.....

They found natural gas/oil off the coast and have been stealing it from the Palestinians.

Maybe after they've sucked it dry.....then Palestine can have it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i say its great news, let UN recognise palestine.
Then just let palestine have its own military force.
Then it would be revealed what a coward israel is.
I would love to hear news like "israel sent tanks into gaza strip and nw those blasted tanks are used by palestinian kids to play hide n seek" bless those kids!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think this is interesting, if anything:
focusonjerusalem.com - The Bible and Palestine...

An example quote from it (it's a very long piece of writing):

By the early 19th century - years before the birth of the modern Zionist movement - more than 10,000 Jews lived throughout what is today Israel. When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades. No independent Arab or Palestinian state has ever existed in Palestine. Palestinian Arab nationalism is largely a post-World War I phenomenon that did not become a significant political movement until after the 1967 Six- Day War and Israel's capture of the West Bank. Israel's international "birth certificate" is validated by the promise of the Bible, and it specifies that its land is what the world now calls PALESTINE!

It's a "zionist" take on the history of Canaan (israel/palestine/jordan). I think it's important to see all sides of this argument, otherwise I don't see how peace can ever be found.

Useful to read these too:
en.wikipedia.org - Mandate Palestine...

Following its occupation by British troops in 1917–1918, Palestine was governed by the Occupied Enemy Territory Administration. In July 1920, the military administration was replaced by a civilian administration headed by a High Commissioner.[4] The first High Commissioner, Herbert Samuel, arrived in Palestine on 20 June 1920, to take up his appointment from 1 July.

The Zionist Commission was formed in March 1918 and was active in promoting Zionist objectives in Palestine. On 19 April 1920, elections were held for the Assembly of Representatives of the Palestinian Jewish community.[5] The Zionist Commission received official recognition in 1922 as representative of the Palestinian Jewish community.

en.wikipedia.org - British Mandate for Palestine

The formal objective of the League of Nations Mandate system was to administer parts of the defunct Ottoman Empire, which had been in control of the Middle East since the 16th century, "until such time as they are able to stand alone."[5] The mandate document formalised the division of the British protectorates - Palestine, to include a national home for the Jewish people, under direct British rule, and Transjordan, an Emirate governed semi-autonomously from Britain under the rule of the Hashemite family.

edit on 30-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
back in 1896, Jews comprise only 5% of Palestine

join