It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An observation about balding men.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I AM NOT GOING BALD!!!! SHADDUP!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I figure my bald, but otherwise very haairy body is the result of my mistake. I asked God for a lot of hair, but I failed to specify where. As a result my torso is as hairy as an ape, but, alas, the hair is nearly gone from the top. And yeah, I have a mustache--and have had since I got out of the service--40 years ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My mother always had to bring up the same observation when the topic of balding came up:

When men go bald in the front, it's because they're great thinkers. Their extended use of their brains causes expansion and the hairs fall out.

When men go bald in the back, it's because they are great lovers. Their heads constantly rub on the headboard of the bed and the hairs fall out.

When men go bald from the front to the back, they just think they are great lovers

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
According to most of my female friends; bald and shaved men look either like a psycho or a chemo patient... Sorry to burst any bubbles but the hormone responsible isn't testosterone. It was linked to testosterone in early research because they knew it was hormonal; but had done very little research into hormones at the time. In recent years more hormones have been discovered and researched; that show hair loss is directly linked to stress hormones not testosterone. These stress hormones can be triggered by any number of sources; oxidative, physical and emotional...the amount of hair one has, according to today's science depends on how healthy a persons immune system and coping mechanisms are.

I guess some stereotypical myths are best left alone though; like black = larger or bald = more virile...many people already feel inferior as it is...so let stereotypes remain? I guess it's harmless I dunno.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join