It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 29, Black Monday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Black Monday? The best time to buy is when everyone else is selling and afraid to buy. The time to sell is when everyone is too optimistic and predicting sky high returns.

November is usually a pretty good month for stocks. Unfortunately, it is still October.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cody618

That's rather foolish to say that the economic turmoil has changed in any contrast between the two times. Has the United States not been an economic hub in the last 25 years? I must have missed the memo where we were not. A hub is not the same as the heart. New York has seen crippling snow storms and blizzards in the past which have locked down wall street, and therein lies the argument of the economy collapsing. It didn't then, why would you say it would now? Things do not change like that in a day or a year. A shaky economy locally would be an issue locally, but it wouldn't bring the global GDP down by any means.

reply to post by Cody618

The question of the storm wasn't about it's threat potential to even begin with. The storm is simply not the doomsday scenario it was portrayed to be. It was a weak hurricane which happened to merge with another storm system. This is not at all that uncommon, but we do not exactly hear so much about such events occuring because they happen over open waters. Where were you guys when sub-tropical storms blasted the west coast of the UK, or the southern coast of Greenland? These things have happened, will happen, and continue to happen.

There are floods every day, each year there are a good number of floods which take place in the northeast. The same applies to blizzards and windstorms. There are rough seas on the coast all the time too. God forbid some of you people live in the midwest during the time where there's a transitional frontal passage and torrential rainfall turns to ice then snow with wind and lightning. I can't imagine what some peoples reactions would be to that, but I don't seem to recall everyone screaming about a crisis unfolding in the midwest when that happens. Why? Because it's not a crisis. It's weather, it happens each day.

reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I can appreciate it when people go back and apologize for making an error in their statements. As to whether I'd agree to what you suspect or not, that's not really for me to decide or comment on. I'm more for pointing out observations and presenting factuals, not making guesses on a hypothetical movement. But it should be said, just because it's hypothetical doesn't mean it doesn't have some truth. I just don't personally think the idea you have does.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Kouin because: Replied to additional posts

new topics

<< 1   >>

join