It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy the storm, natural disasters and pets rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Meet puppy: He was rescued post-storm after having endured 3 days up in the roof, getting wet day and night with no food. The ex-owner's excuse: "I didn't think it would rain so hard".

Meet kitty: Barely survived the storm. Found under the mud. His 5 brothers and sisters did not make it.
Ex-owner excuse: "I was afraid they'd pee on my couch."

For the love of goodness, please look after your pets, especially during a storm, especially one like Sandy.

If you KNOW a potential hurricane is coming (or even just rain) why not let the dog or cat in at least until the storm passes? Why not open your property/Back yard/Front yard to that poor stray animal that has no place to hide from the rain? I'm not saying to become Noah's arc but seriously, have a heart.

My little nephew says animals are God's CAMERAS recording all interaction with humans and when they die they go report every crime against nature they witnessed. Humanity better pray the rambling of this child is nothing close to the truth, or else we are #ed.

My American friends, PLEASE include your pets in your storm preparedness plans. We Dominicans are A-holes when it comes to animals, but I know you guys know better.

The King will then reply, "I tell you, whenever you refused to help one of these least important ones, you refused to help me.'

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nice post!!!! This is a great reminder to all those people out there to think about those pets that cant help themselves at times.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I should not have looked at the photographs as they upset me. Thanks for posting - as awful as it is this is how we help people to learn.

As for the Child in your life who calls animals Gods cameras - awesome concept and I hope it is true. Anyone who can walk away from any living animal or human - that is in some type of distress is in need of lessons on how to be a proper human.

I ache for the time when we can all attend to all the pain on this earth and make everything that is wrong - right.

Much Peace...
edit on 28-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That was incredibly sad,to avoid a poor creature peeing on a couch,the alternative was a death sentemce?,jesus,some humans just make me ashamed to be part of this race

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I love the comment from your Nephew

I totally agree if you are responsible, you are responsible. Period. Lend a hand. No one says Fido or Fluffy has to sleep in the bed with you but maltreatment is a NO-GO. Wild critters have resources available to them to make do. The dog on the roof in your picture did not have squat.

S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

This reminds me of the time I watched a pet owner in one of the apartments dump five kittens from a bucket in the rain as Hurricane Irene was blowing through. Me being the animal-lover I am, ran right out and set up my bathroom as a little incubator to keep them warm. They had to be only 3 weeks old, and we ended up keeping two of them as our own. My sister has one and my mother has two.

It's horrible that pet owners treat animals like this, and give excuses. There are no excuses, they are your responsibility, they trust you. To leave them alone and to abandon them is like leaving a child alone in the middle of a tornado.

But that's just me, I'm just a big animal lover.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Transitarian

I feel you did the right thing. No doubt.

new topics

top topics

join