It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Storm II already on its way??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Some weather models showing "Perfect Storm II" redux OCT 29-30 v. Hurricane Sandy. Taken elsewhere...

I am a weather geek. Been studying meteorology as a hobby since I was 15. Anyway, I am just throwing this out there to give everyone on the East Coast, especially Mid-Atlantic coastal areas, New England, Upstate NY, W PA, Ohio, etc. a heads up because something VERY SERIOUS may occur in a weeks time.

There are a bunch of weather models, some with a better track record than others.

Right now some of the best ones (European weather model especially) are showing a monster noreaster OCT 29-30.

In general terms the Northern Jet Stream may PHASE (interact) with TROPICAL STORM SANDY. Sandy will then move up the coast line and turn into a devastating Nor Easter.

A tropical storm phasing with the northern branch this late in the season (Late October) has never happened.

This is close to a week out so a lot can change & it's still very possible that nothing comes of this. However the models are really signalling something bad.

A meteorologist that I am a fan of (Dave Tolleris) has stated that if the storm plays out like it is being forecasted on some of these models, it would go down as the strongest AUTUMN Nor Easter in RECORDED HISTORY.

Torrential rains/flooding for big cities in East. FEET of snow for higher elevations (1000 ft) of W PA & Appalachians. Coastal flooding & wind damage.

Accuweather is picking up on this as well:

www.accuweather.com...

"The worst case scenario for the East Coast involves future Sandy paralleling the coast from Florida to the Carolinas this weekend before being drawn inland into the mid-Atlantic or New England early next week. While the Southeast coast would face heavy rain, strong winds and rough surf, far more serious impacts await communities from Virginia to Maine if this solution pans out.

Not only would destructive winds and widespread flooding rain accompany future Sandy onshore, but a significant storm surge would unfold near and northeast of Sandy's center.
Reminiscent of the "Perfect Storm," the weather setup could even lead to heavy, wet snow in the Appalachian Mountains on future Sandy's western side."

**PS. A lot of times the weather channel won't start talking about these kind of events far out because they don't want to start hyping something and then have it not occur. So they are always careful. This is the right approach, and this event is still far out which means it may not even occur, but the fact that a lot of models ARE showing something this severe it is worth posting & giving a heads up to you guys.

Some scary stuff if it really does pan out! Stay safe everyone from the first Perfect Storm!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
looks like Puerto Rico haarp is on a roll?

they want to make SURE Obama's relected!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerceptionReality

**PS. A lot of times the weather channel won't start talking about these kind of events far out because they don't want to start hyping something and then have it not occur. So they are always careful. This is the right approach, and this event is still far out which means it may not even occur, but the fact that a lot of models ARE showing something this severe it is worth posting & giving a heads up to you guys.

Some scary stuff if it really does pan out! Stay safe everyone from the first Perfect Storm!

The Weather Channel has had full coverage of Hurricane Sandy for at least 36 hours. This storm was being tracked for atleast a week out.

An ATS thread was started on Oct 24! The Perfect Storm.

There are also other threads regarding prepping for the storm.

I hope those in the path of this storm come thru ok.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sandy just passing halloween like a child
knocking door to door saying .. TRICK OR TREAT !

stay safe everyone .. time to buy food reserve and other usefull stuff
just in case .. better be prepare then NOT
edit on 10/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

So I clicked on the accuweather link and it is saying the story doesn't exist. Anyway, I have to agree with you that whatever is going on on the East Coast (and soon, hundreds of miles inland) is going to be epic, dangerous and probably something that none of us has seen before.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

An ATS thread was started on Oct 24! The Perfect Storm.

There are also other threads regarding prepping for the storm.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join