It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-Gate’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Let's face it, she KNOWS what it's like to be in the hot seat as far as what an administration knew or didn't know about a terrorist attack.

Remember Iraq......

She would look like a hypocrite if she condemned their actions.......

I give her credit for remaining neutral.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

DontTreadOnMe

My apologies...........It wasn't intentional

edit on 26-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There certainly is a fog of war and the drone images may not have been detailed enough to know exactly what was happening.However it is my understanding that our people on the ground there communicated several times that they were under attack.My thought is that whenever one of our diplomatics posts sends out a distress signal and says its under attack that is plenty of information to act on.I believe that our President and his adminstration should act immediately in such an event.

Now I don't know all the details,and don't know if a response could have been made in time to save more of our people.There was a drone in the area,but I don't know if an attack from that is plausible considering a risk of friendly fire in tight quarters.I have heard that as long as the attack was going on that we could have scrambled fighters from another nearby base.(can't remember the name) Or if we could have flown in ground teams from said base.

The adminstration knew this was a coordinated attack within hours if not sooner,yet continued to speculate that this was a protest about a movie for several weeks.Why the deception,it stinks to high heaven.And just being an average joe and reading the reports that are made public,it seems that it is very possible that not everything was done to protect our people overseas,that would be unacceptable.We also know that well before the attacks that there were several requests for more security,which were denied,why?

Wether incompentence or something more sinister,the Obama adminstration completely dropped the ball on this whole situation.I imagine that other countries,enemies and allies are looking at this and laughing,believing that the U.S. has become a running joke.No my response on this is not based on partisanship,if Romney or McCain was in office I would feel the same.

As far as Condi Rice I disagree with her,because of what I've just outlined.Yes, I see the point that Panetta and Rice have,that you cannot put in military forces into a combat situation on foreign land without having facts,and the facts and timeline are not clear.Also you do not want a Black Hawk Down situation and more Americans to die in a failed rescue.I understand all this and still think we should have mounted a response.

We have by far the most advanced military in the world.We should have flexed our muscles,especially when reports say that our guys on the ground painted the enemy's position with a laser beacon.If there could have been air support to fire on that position it should have been there,my understanding of the timeline and events say that is very possible.Air support at least should have been in the immediate area,wether the decision was made to fire or not,jets should have been scrambled from our base in Italy.

And if some innocent Libiyans in the area were killed by an American airstrike,thats just the way it is.Now I don't say that with a cold heart,I would feel just as bad for them and their families as I do our American people that killed.I don't like war and don't want to see anyone killed.However an attack on our embassy is an act of war,and sometimes innocent people get killed in war.When push comes to shove I back the people of our country, as corrupt as it may be.And everyone else should back their own country whatever it may be,because in times of war most of your enemies will be united,to have a chance of winning your country better be united as well.

The deception in this matter is clear,in my opinion.We need to know the truth.
Was our government involved in something sinister that backfired?
Were we running guns to fit our agenda in the Middle East?
Was this all a political ploy gone wrong?
Was it possible to do more to rescue our people,if so why was it not done?
Why the persistent attempt to blame this on video and say it was a spontaneous attack?
Why were requests for more security denied?

End of my rant,sorry this is the first time I've spoke on the issue and am kind of thinking aloud,if you will.

edit on 26-10-2012 by KaiserSouszay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Was it given yesterday? Thanks for letting me know that, however I believe new evidence came to light today but I could be mistaken. I will try to find out what evidence that is if you give me some time. Regardless, we all will probably never know the whole truth about what happened. To me, this whole incident is disgusting and I pray that it doesn't happen again. I do want to thank you for posting this video. I have a great respect for Condeleeza Rice and her opinions in this arena. Thanks again for a job well done.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is probably why Romney didn't even bring it during the last debate, so he deserves some degree of credit for having an understanding of what happens with intel and information that doesn't get Immediately relayed.

So once again an American President gets bad intel, but somehow Obama manages to get a free pass yet again.
All while Bush will still have that WMD cloud lingering over his head.
Obama said Al Qaeda is dead, yet this "Mission Accomplished" moment will continue to be conveniently ignored.

What's wrong with this picture?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It turns out that help was asked for during the attack by the cia ops in Libya and was told to stand down by the Administration.

www.foxnews.com...

This was discovered today. Now to be fair, it is possible that the stand down order was given to help protect other assets in Libya, but I wonder what she would say if interviewed today instead of yesterday.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
It turns out that help was asked for during the attack by the cia ops in Libya and was told to stand down by the Administration.

Yup! So the question is: WHO gave the "stand down" order? Who ever did is in deep doo doo. I am NOT blaming Obama here. If he was not in the loop, then so be it and he's exonerated. One wonders WHO was in the loop and who was not and why or why not, but that's a separate issue of command and control. If it was Obama himself, I'll blame him for the rest of my life. If it was NOT Obama, I'll defend Obama on this issue for the rest of my life.

So just WHO did this?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

So the question is: WHO gave the "stand down" order?...So just WHO did this?

Answer that and you have a direction to the answer. Answer that and you may well have harm...

edit on 26/10/12 by MrSkeptiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Fog of war, quickly evolving situation, all fair enough. But then there's that whole lying about it after the fact thing....

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wonder if we should even be willing to concede the "Fog of War" excuse. As defined - the Obama team might just be taking advantage of the political implications of the term "Fog of War":

Wiki

The fog of war is the uncertainty in situational awareness experienced by participants in military operations.[1] The term seeks to capture the uncertainty regarding one's own capability, adversary capability, and adversary intent during an engagement, operation, or campaign.

Note here the POLITICAL implications of the definition: Wiki

Ambiguity is related to the political intent, capabilities and logistical strengths of an adversary. Sources of information include diplomatic intelligence, secret (or special) intelligence, strategic modeling and data derived from open source intelligence. Affected participants seek to understand intent of and political motivations. Outcomes at this level may encompass military action but are more concerned with socio-political and economic outcomes from which it might cascade if left unattended.

edit on 27-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: TXT

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

Incorrect.

In response, CIA spokesperson Jennifer Youngblood said, “We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi. Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”

abc news
edit on 27-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for the vid.

I personally can’t wait till we can look at this factually in a historical sense without all the opinion.

There are so many different stories and byproduct stories on this that I have kind of gone numb to it.

Geraldo actually started to lay out a timeline which is what I am interested in.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
More Americans screaming for blood.

Once again, this whole incident amounts to BACKLASH due to our foreign policy . We've been there, metaphorically speaking, swinging an axe around and we got a punch to the nose.

There are two ways to solve this. Either Kill "them" all, and I mean all of "them", literally. Them being anyone that stands in the way of US foreign policy.

Or stop nation building, stop the interventionist foreign policy.

edit on 27-10-2012 by jacknast76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Gosh you are confused. Did it ever occur to you that making you confused was the intent all along?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Grimpachi

Gosh you are confused. Did it ever occur to you that making you confused was the intent all along?

Sorry but you confused the word numb to confused. Please don’t misrepresent what I said.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm shocked by Geraldo honestly and for the 1st time in his career, I can say...
Good for him!

Honestly that video needs it's own thread lol
edit on 27-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

...it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground.

Emphasis was already added and I believe most moderate people are looking at that and wondering: "Why put the blame on a video then if you didn't have all the information?"

I agree that no administration or group should every jump the gun and start naming names without all the pieces or at least the pieces that count. Unfortunately, President Obama didn't take that route; though he claims he has.
edit on 27-10-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join