It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse : Derren Brown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Whether the jokes on the guy it's centered on or us, nevertheless it's still deviously clever. Just a bit drawn out in my opinion. The supposed actors are mega ropey for a start. I know they hypnotise the guy but would most of us fall for a few dodgy pyrotechnics along a stretch of road? I know I've been involved in better at a 40's do. Why were most of the people in the bus just monged out, surely having a bus crammed with people freaking the feck out with a few crying like babies would have been better acting.

As for the zombie thing...Well I'm sure he poor guy in the Whitby Dracula experience get's more scares out of people. Honesty the guy must like getting punched in the face.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just watched this today for the second time. There are some parts where this Steven guy seems so genuine. Like that part on the bus where the explosions were happening, and the part where he was watching tv. It was just the look in his eyes, he seemed to be seriously scared and even having trouble breathing.
But other parts he seemed to be acting. Badly. Like the part when he meets the little girl was just so obviously scripted.
I want to believe it because I am a fan of Derren's. I mean I definitely believe its possible. Surely he would have too much to loose by faking this?
Either way can't wait to see the next episode!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I loved it. Fake or not, it was certainly entertaining.

I am a bit unsure as to the claims he is an actor - if he is, i don't expect him to be getting any work soon! (only person i have ever seen that makes David Hasselhoff look like Sir John Gielgud!).

Added to that, just look at his eyes when he is in the hospital - he looks terrified when he sees the emergency broadcast. Typical gamer and sci fi / horror fan reactions. If it was me, all i would be thinking when i woke up is "its 28 days later, its 28 days later" over and over, whilst leaving a lumpy, smelly deposit in my underwear! Either that or it is Resident Evil and then dieing through heart failure.......

I properly love the fact it is so evil though. Just goes to show, you can never go too far in practical joke
Not sure how he tops this one though. How do you beat convincing someone the world is ending and getting the media involved in the hoax?

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anyone see the second episode?

I enjoyed it, seems to have done the trick with him at least....and he took it well, thought he may have punched Derren Brown but no, laughed it off and learnt from it.

I did laugh when the girl and him were about to set off to walk to Wales, and she asked him if he thought they would need a weapon. He just walked out with a stick to walk with like Gandelph!

I did wonder if he could have been an ATS member, but i have a feeling that an ATS member would have tooled themselves up first and taken out about half the cast before they could shout "CUT"!

Good show, i know it seemed corny to some, but it had the potential to go pretty bad i reckon. I'm surprised he ran through the infected without feeling the urge to smack any of them.

It was real to him though, so it showed he could grow pair when needed.

CX.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I watched this on 4od for the first time last night. I thought this was too big a con to pull off and I am not convinced that you can just put somebody to sleep like Derren does but on the other hand Stevens breathing and genuine look of terror in his eyes leaves me wondering. I am seriously confused about this, because Derren is usually pretty clear with you when he is mis-leading you and has gone out of his way in the past to show us how tricksters use these skills to manipulate us. I just can't decide.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join