It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to stay classy, Mr. Biden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would like to share with you this little tidbit that was spoken by vice president Joe Biden. I just really don't know what to say, or how I would have handled it if it were my son he were talking about. Now, with all due respect, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he meant it as a compliment, but come on, there is a way do do it with more class and a little more tact than this.

The father of one of the Navy SEALs who was killed in the Libya consulate attack has criticised the White House reaction to his son's death - especially a bizarre and obscene comment Joe Biden made to him. Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, said he thought Barack Obama had 'no remorse' over the attack and felt Hillary Clinton was 'not telling the truth'. And he revealed that at the ceremony for the return of Tyrone's body, the Vice President approached his family and asked, 'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Mr Woods added that the President seemed cold and distant at the time, saying: 'Shaking hands with him, quite frankly, was like shaking hands with a dead fish.'

Furthermore, it seems as if the President himself didn't have much to say, Im sure he has more "important" things to worry about.

The President, by contrast, was apparently much more subdued, to the point of coldness. 'When he finally came over to where we were, I could tell that he was rather conflicted, a person who was not at peace with himself,' Mr Woods said. 'Shaking hands with him, quite frankly, was like shaking hands with a dead fish. His face was pointed towards me but he would not look me in the eye, his eyes were over my shoulder. 'I could tell that he was not sorry. He had no remorse.' When Mr Woods met Mrs Clinton, she made a reference to the U.S.-made YouTube video mocking the Prophet Muhammad which was originally thought to have been behind the attack. 'When she said that, I could tell that she was not telling me the truth,' he said.

Its very clear to me where this administration stands now. I just wanted to share this and see what others have to say, and then maybe I can understand the reasoning behind this type of behavior from the current administration a little better.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You will see several attacks on the father as an agent of Mitt Romney and the evil-right wing zionist regime in 1...2...3...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Appropriate comment to make to a Father in the locker room, after his son carried the winning touch down in.

NOT appropriate comment to make to a Father standing in front of the coffin carrying his dead son home.

Biden is one sick puppy....

Des

edit on 26-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There must be a stupid test for Vice President's and it's Universal. I swear. Quayle had to tell school kids how to properly misspell potato, Gore invented the internet, Darth Vader was...well...We won't even go there... He was a special class all his own. Now Biden can't seem to carry a week without a foot down throat moment. I think they serve as decent comic relief.....if only the line of succession would pass them OVER and maybe go next to someone a bit more capable.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So Biden tried to keep things light...the father didn't like that.

Obama tried to keep things serious and solemn...the father didn't like that.

I think the father has an agenda, and it isn't mourning his dead son.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

With all due respect, I have to say perhaps, but I think the current administration has an agenda far more serious than what the father does. After all the father has the excuse of mourning and grieving. What do the current President and VP have as an excuse? Why won't they accept responsibility for what happened at Benghazi? At some point there has to be some accountability.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed

So Biden tried to keep things light...the father didn't like that.

Obama tried to keep things serious and solemn...the father didn't like that.

I think the father has an agenda, and it isn't mourning his dead son.

That's right...Father killed his own son, to further an agenda...what in the hell is wrong with you

Des

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No, the father didn't kill his son.

He is just using his son's death to send a political message.

You shouldn't be asking what is wrong with me, you should be asking what the hell is wrong with the father.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No, the father didn't kill his son.

He is just using his son's death to send a political message.

You shouldn't be asking what is wrong with me, you should be asking what the hell is wrong with the father.

There's nothing at all wrong with this poor grieving Father, who is just now finding out the *truth* on how, and why his son died...

Once again, have you zero empathy, or compassion. Or, are you so enamored with Obama, you can't see anything that paints him in a bad light, as nothing more than some *agenda*. This Father, Mr. Woods, has lost his Son, maybe he would still be alive, if other actions by this administration had taken place.

What if it had been *your* Son...think about that....

Des

edit on 26-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If it had been my son, the last thing I would do is go on a talk show to exploit his death for my own agenda.

Just because this guy was a father, doesn't mean he isn't a complete douchebag.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If it had been my son, the last thing I would do is go on a talk show to exploit his death for my own agenda.

Just because this guy was a father, doesn't mean he isn't a complete douchebag.

I think you are a troll...plain and simple. Narrow minded little troll...Same troll-droppings you've been leaving in other threads......JMOHO...

Des

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's my honest opinion.

I have the same opinion of anyone who uses their childs death to push their own agenda or try to grab their 15 minutes. The Code Pink lady, The Tillman family, any parent that goes on a talk show while their kid is missing, and yes this father who instead of grieving privately, is off doing talk shows to use his sons death to push his own agenda.

You don't have to like it, I don't form my opinion in order to please anyone.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I agree with you completely Destiny. I think the Father is beside himself with grief as much or more for the idea he's learned his son's life was essentially thrown away. I'd be livid too and don't really blame him for trying to say his peace in the very brief window of time the media and public will listen to what he has to say.

I'm thinking that as the father of a Seal, he may have more reasons over time for his emotions too, and this just broke the dam. It must be terrible for him.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It's my honest opinion.

I have the same opinion of anyone who uses their childs death to push their own agenda or try to grab their 15 minutes. The Code Pink lady, The Tillman family, any parent that goes on a talk show while their kid is missing, and yes this father who instead of grieving privately, is off doing talk shows to use his sons death to push his own agenda.

You don't have to like it, I don't form my opinion in order to please anyone.
edit on 26-10-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

I am of the opinion he is making the issue public in order to push the administration to tell the truth about what happened. You have no right to be judgemental, we were all lied to, but this man was personally lied to and has every right to demand to know how, why, and by whos hand his son died. Grieving silently does not put any pressure on the White House. Rest assured that he is doing this because of HIS SON, not the election.

What gives you the right to judge him, or even compare the situation of his sons death to people who actually DO exploit a death for their own publicity? Same thing with Tillman, his family was lied to and they demanded the truth. How can you possibly fault some one for that?

new topics

top topics

join