It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Listen carefully, there is nothing there, but snow, and scientific research stations.

Have you been there? The scenery must've been awesome.....

He probably hasn't been there, but the fact still remains that there is no such thing as an object in space that can only bee seen from the South Pole. An object in space even directly above the South Pole would be visible in most (if not all) of the Southern Hemisphere.

How are you so sure that any and all objects in space would be show up the same exact way, from our perspective here on earth?

Well, the point of the argument so far has been that this object is VISIBLE from Antarctica (hence the alleged reason the webcams were offline). And if it is visible from Antarctica, then it should visible from the rest of the Southern Hemisphere (since, as I said, there is no such thing as an object in space that can only be seen from the South Pole).

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

I looked a week or 2 ago and it was out then.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by nv4711

You still have not answered my question . With all that knowledge you possess I would have expected an answer . I f you don't know , say you don't know .

"And behold, the thunderous voice of Science spake to SimonPeter: SimonPeter, why hath thou forsaken me? And SimonPeter hathet no answer because Religion smote his brain and he must liveth in darkness for eternity"

OK, I'll admit, my King James english needs a little polishing.

Arguing with an evangelical bible believer is fruitless. Where I (and others) put science, or yes, rather say "We don't know (yet)", you fill the gaps with magic and superstition. Science is hard, it requires thinking and a willingness to learn, neither of which is a requirement, let alone welcome in the world of Religion. You keep believing in your magical guy in the sky - I choose to enjoy the beauty of science and reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Yeah, it's been out of service for about a week and a half or so. I have been checking. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

How are you so sure that any and all objects in space would be show up the same exact way, from our perspective here on earth?
How do you know what the exact gravitational effects would be for every possible object in space? We don't know every detail about what's out there and even the ones we do know about, we don't know exactly how they would react with earth, if they were close.

Basic physics, and geometry, stuff that YOU can learn yourself!

An object in space is still an OBJECT, and thus will have some very definite material effects, even if it hadn't entered our system yet. So far, there are none.

The argument by some has been that it doesn't actually emit visible light, but they are pointing to a video of a VISIBLE OBJECT and going 'Well what's that then?', or 'why are there obvious signs of a SECOND LIGHT SOURCE after the sun is below the horizon?'
HOW do they not hear themselves? What is the rational connection between claiming a non-light emitting object and using visible anamolies as proof of it?
Ugh, so frustrating.

Originally posted by JrDavis

I have children myself and it's rude for you to put someone's actions upon us due to the fact we are discussing astronomy.

I think you should delete your post because you are basically making it seem like we are fear mongering by simply discussing astronomy. Which has been discussed over thousands of years.

Nothing here is being put upon anyone. And if anything I'd love for my children to be educated in Astronomy.

The Ancient civilizations we're more disciplined than we are on the subjects.

IN NO WAY CAN YOU JUSTIFY SOMEONES ACTIONS AS THE RESULT OF US DISCUSSING ASTRONOMY.

If we were purposely striking fear sure. But this is a legit topic. Thanks.

NO, in no way shape or form are you discussing astronomy if you choose to ignore basics of the science itself in order to justify this version of events.
You are simply telling fairy tales with concepts that were originally raped from astronomy to sell books.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

That's just what the MSM and the NWO want us all to believe. This is to misdirect us all from the fact that Santa Clause is actually in contact with and is aiding the aliens which have obviously established a base in Antarctica in order to harness the energy from Nibiru in order to take over EARTH.
edit on 27-10-2012 by InspiredByDesign because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by InspiredByDesign because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by InspiredByDesign
Has nobody noticed what time of year it is. Christmas is just around the corner and it's obvious Santa is testing his latest Stealth Sled in Antarctica to stay away from prying eyes. He had his elves disable the South facing cameras so the testing would not be seen.

Everyone knows Santa lives at the North Pole

That's just what the MSM and the NWO want us all to believe. This is to misdirect us all from the fact that Santa Clause is actually in contact with and is aiding the aliens which have obviously established a base in Antarctica in order to harness the energy from Nibiru in order to take over EARTH.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

i noticed between 6:30 and 7:00 there were trees growing, what kind of trees grows at the south pole?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by oakwood54

i noticed between 6:30 and 7:00 there were trees growing, what kind of trees grows at the south pole?

Those trees weren't in the webcam images of Antarctica. They were screenshots of the YouTuber's Stellarium (a desktop astronomy application). He was using Stellarium to show the position of the Sun.

edit on 10/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think I've found the cause...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Sagan was looking for a alien source for life . Funny thing is that the bible mentioned a fiery chariot that Elijah was taken up on . There is a lot that is yet to be explained by science . That superstition as you put it is not as far off as you suspect .

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Interesting, check out the video at the bottom of the page for 2 webcams from the 24th
. It jumps from 10am to 12am

www.antarctica.gov.au...
edit on 28/10/2012 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Excellent observation. It remind me a little of the big rectangular blacked out piece of night sky on google earth. Naturally, I agree with you that they are obscuring something significant.

Not strange how the trolls pitch up with sarcasm and sillyness when a really interesting post appears. Trying to filter these out to get to the real discussion about the cams is rather annoying.
Why do people do that?

[SNIP]

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 29/10/12 by argentus because: snipped nonspecific insult

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by nv4711

Sagan was looking for a alien source for life .

No, he wasn't. He was looking for alien life. Nice try.

Funny thing is that the bible mentioned a fiery chariot that Elijah was taken up on .

And that proves exactly what?
The Bible also says "....There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses..." [Ezekiel 23:20]. Does that prove that early bronze age men were hung like donkeys and ejaculated like horses?

There is a lot that is yet to be explained by science .

Yes. But nothing has been explained by the Bible.

That superstition as you put it is not as far off as you suspect .

Way off. Way, way, way off. Not even in the same ball park.
edit on 28-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Please stop reducing this conversation into a misguided debate about religion. It is utterly off topic and has no place in the context of the question at hand. I say that as a believer.... stop making us all look bloody stupid please.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InspiredByDesign

They are coming out of the winter down there. They are not going outside to fix a remote camera when it's dark and cold.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Neumayer III to the south is still out of service. One really has to wonder now just what exactly is going on down there? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
They are coming out of the winter down there. They are not going outside to fix a remote camera when it's dark and cold.

Wrong. They have the best gear, and they use rope lines for safety.They come out all the time, even sometimes in blizzards or white outs. Doing a little work on a WebCam is probably the least of dangerous work and research that those folks do down there. I know because my Brother in Law spent months down in Antarctica. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Doing a little work on a WebCam is probably the least of dangerous work and research that those folks do down there.
It's probably one of the lowest priorities as well.
You think they have a spare lying around somewhere?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
The Neumayer III to the south is still out of service. One really has to wonder now just what exactly is going on down there? ~$heopleNation

They don't like it when people point out that their webcam is showing old pictures with current dates stamped on them. So the plug is pulled

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join