It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the South Facing Cams In Antarctica - Out-Of-Service?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Huh? I'm not talking about the sun. Watch the February video.

The black dot in all the Neumayer footage is the camera shutting off that spot due to the light intensity.

But that's not the object people are talking about. There is a Brown dwarf next TO the sun. Not the black dot.

It's obvious people are getting confused. I'll make a detailed post in a second.
edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

In other words, you're hiding behind "we're talking about brown dwarf stars", when in fact, you're talking about Nibiru. You can dance around it all you want, that's exactly what you're talking about, sir. You're implying Nibiru is close, and they can see it at the Neumayer station.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

How hard would it be to use a helium balloon with a cam attatched to float to the edge of space
or high up in the atmosphere and take a video of the south to actually see it there is something there .
There was a kid
this yr if I remember that did this with a cam and gps to take pics and find the cam once it came down.
You would think that there would be a position on earth that once floated
the cam would show the south .

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

When you are at the South Pole, the only way you can point a camera is North.

So, do you mean a South facing cam, or any web cam in Antarctica?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Wait a sec we can't talk about Nibiru on here?

Kinda seems like you're getting off topic trying to police the thread, By saying that some girl killed herself because people are fear mongering.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? There are way worse fear mongering threads on here.

Planet X, 12th Planet, Nibiru, Brown Dwarfs. What ever it may be. We have freedom of speech to discuss it. And none of what we are discussing is violating Law of Liberty.

So on with the discussion.

www.nasa.gov...Explorer uncovered these elusive objects for the first time

"This artist's conception illustrates what a "Y dwarf" might look like. Y dwarfs are the coldest star-like bodies known, with temperatures that can be even cooler than the human body. NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer uncovered these elusive objects for the first time, using its heat-sensing, infrared vision. The telescope found six Y dwarfs, ranging in atmospheric temperatures from 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) to less than about 80 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius). "

If they are just now finding Y Dwarfs than one can easily say that one could slip into our solar system undetected.

So how can we not discuss this?

Whether it's Nibiru or not it's still good discussion. Nothing being discussed is ignorant because the field is open to discussion since the objects are elusive.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

If they are just now finding Y Dwarfs than one can easily say that one could slip into our solar system undetected.

No. Because a Y dwarf would reflect sunlight just like any planet does. A Y dwarf would be about the size of Jupiter and reflect just as much sunlight.

The Y dwarfs which have been detected are very, very far away. Too far to reflect enough sunlight to be seen.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

ITS HOLLOW AND INTELLIGENTLY CONTROLLED.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

JrDavis,
You can talk about what ever you like. What you cannot do is expect to spout drivel that cannot be scientifically supported, without being pulled up on the issue, and having to PROOVE your point. You are making fantastic claims, and all we are asking for is some proof. If your reason for believing that something is the case is sound, then it will stand up to reasonable examination. If it does not, then perhaps your reasoning is flawed?

In any case, you must expect, and accept that you will be expected to answer for your reasoning. If you do not expect that, then perhaps your veiw of the way logical and healthy debate works is also skewed.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JrDavis

No. Because a Y dwarf would reflect sunlight just like any planet does. A Y dwarf would be about the size of Jupiter and reflect just as much sunlight.

The Y dwarfs which have been detected are very, very far away. Too far to reflect enough sunlight to be seen.

Exactly.

If it was in the solar system in an area that receives sunlight (such as out by the orbit of Jupiter or Saturn), then it would still reflect that sunlight. It isn't a magical material that somehow prevents reflected light. Even black objects reflect light (and can be lit up by shining a light on them).

Plus, I still don't understand how a webcam only in Antarctica could see it. Why not a webcam in Melbourne? Why not an amateur astronomer in Melbourne?

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Spectral Y Class Brown Dwarfs are considered to have up to 7 Jupiter masses.

Objects with mass have gravitational force.

Here is what happens if a 15 Jupiter Mass brown dwarf were to pass with in 10 million miles of Earth (and later in the video, I show what would happen if it was only 4 Jupiter masses). The video is in 1080HD:

The effect on Earth's orbit is catastrophic. We get flung out of the solar system.

Neumayer is located at 71 deg latitude. That is over 1,300 miles north of the south pole. From this map here, as you can see, there are many other stations besides Neumayer that are close to that latitude:

The Earth spins. There is no denying that. Because it spins, and because Neumayer is at that latitude (well north of the south pole) then ANY thing laying within that same latitude will have the same view of the sky that Neumayer does as the world turns.

However, again, it is physically impossible to have a celestial object in the sky that can only be seen at Neumayer Station, and not anywhere else!

Unless it is a very, very small object and less than 100 miles or so up in the air.

A light source lighting ANYTHING up in Neumayer, will also light up other stations, AND the entire hemisphere that Neumayer is located in.

Unless your Nibiru (brown dwarf, etc) is a focused laser type of flash light with a very narrow beam.

I'm looking out my window right now and the sun has just set. Guess what? There are still shadows being cast from the sun's glare.

At this point, you all are not arguing with anything. Instead, you are embracing ignorance. Period. This is BASIC science people. Taught in high school for goodness sakes.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You can't see Canopus from Germany. But you can from Neumayer. Why is it that a brown dwarf can't only be seen from Neumayer?
edit on 26-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

JrDavis --

Maybe you missed my post earlier, but I noticed that when I use an online Sunrise/Sunset calculator for the coordinates of Neumayer Station, it tells me that sunset on October 24 was at 21:01 UTC, not 19:20 UTC as he says in his video.

Is there an explanation for this discrepancy? Is the problem with Stellarium, the sunset calculator, or maybe to coordinates he used? Or is there a problem with my coordinates?

Here is that post again:

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I'm not sure about the accuracy of that guy's stellarium sunsets.

I punched in the coordinates for Neumayer Station in the sunset calculator linked below (I have the coordinates as South 70 deg 40' 8" LAT, West 8 deg 16' 2" LONG. Under "City" click on "Enter Lat/Long"). When I put in that info, I get the sun setting at 21:01 UTC on October 24. The guy in the video (at 6:38 of the video) says the sun should have already been set at 19:20 UTC.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

According to this sunset calculator, his Stellarium sunset is not accurate. There seems to be a discrepancy between this sunset calculator and Stellarium.

Thanks.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

You can't see Canopus from Germany. But you can from Neumayer. Why is it that a brown dwarf can't only be seen from Neumayer?

You can see Canopus from anywhere south of about 20º North. Anyone anywhere in the southern hemisphere could see anything that could be seen in Antarctica.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You have a point to make here or what?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointree77
OMG!!! The snowman invasion has started. Plug in your hairdryers!!!

Priceless. Love it. Get long extension cords if you have to.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydrawolf
reply to post by cointree77

Very funny! Name one publicly available "South Facing" live cam in Antarctica. I dare you!

I triple dog dare you. Ut oh there goes another tounge on a metal pole. ( In antartica thats gotta get real cold LOL)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Spit it out already. We know you think they are hiding Nibiru. Ha, I love it. The believer wont even claim it, wants us to name it for him.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hopefully this will put your mind to rest. Even if this thing approaches from the south, something that big approaching the planet would be seen and the gravity from it reacting with gravity from earth would leave no doubt of an intruder. But since we see nothing and nothing anomolus is occurring with gravity we know that there is nothing approaching our planet. See how simple that was. Now how important is it to find another camera?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
why are you so worried about the cameras? do you not know that you can put an image in a camera/website to replay over and over? how do you know there isnt something being hidden by playback? lol if you wanna see snow just wait another month or so itll be here soon

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why all the sudden are deep underground bunkers being built ?Why is all that money being spent and for what reason ? Some one knows something . reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Can someone please just call it and give me the expiration date on Planet X?

I'd like to gather some comfort knowing that at some point you Truthers are either going to provide actual evidence of its existence or shut the living hell up already about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join