It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Help Me Log Daily Details and Evolving Events in a Countdown to Dec. 21?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I may be feeling more and more safe as this ominous date approaches, but I must admit I see certain headlines in the media or threads here on ATS and I have to start wondering again. At this moment there are still 56 days to go, a highly contentious presidential election, potential riots regardless who wins that one, ongoing earthquakes, global warming, and much, much more that we will witness between now and then. There will likely be wild swings in world zeitgeist almost daily, and new theories about the coming end will be never ending.

Of course, the populace who refutes or claim to deny the possibility of some deadly occurrence in December always have their own two cents worth.

I am simply suggesting an ongoing commentary and civilized debate/interpretation of each day’s newest or most prominent related subject. As the date comes nearer and nearer we can find in one place a record to study for the more tangible evidences for or against, trends, new concerns, old concerns raising the stakes, and on the 19th-20th of December we may be the most educated people on the planet.

Finally, if everything turns out for the better, on Dec. 26 we would also have a journal to show how such trends affected the masses, civilization in general, and how the world handled the missed prophecy. I hope there will be enough people interested in helping to chronicle these next eight weeks in a constructive and beneficial manner.

Like to have you join. Just post your most intriguing articles as you run across them and make comments as you deem appropriate. With the great, great thinkers here at ATS, I can’t begin to imagine how tremendous the result will be.

Thanks for the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
I may be feeling more and more safe as this ominous date approaches,

What is ominous about it? Are you getting married?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Excellent idea here. I think this will be a lot of fun to read afterward. I can even start.

www.cbsnews.com...

WASHINGTON An unusual nasty mix of a hurricane and a winter storm that forecasters are now calling "Frankenstorm" is likely to blast most of the East Coast next week, focusing the worst of its weather mayhem around New York City and New Jersey.

I hope this doesn't turn into the monster the meteorologists are projecting, but this should be a good start for your thread.
edit on 26-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: hit button to soon.

edit on 26-10-2012 by shadwgirl because: grammar

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I do not believe that the world (or Humanity) will end but instead possibly a New Beginning. I am looking forward to the day that the humans on Earth are aware enough about our world to break out of the system and decide for themselves what type of life they want to create.

Will that happen on Dec 21st or 22nd? Well, I doubt it. But it may be a starting point.

I am interested enough in seeing where this thread goes to follow it.

Good idea and thank you

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This will be a interesting thread to watch. Thumbs up OP.
As the day gets closer, its quite funny to think back a couple of years ago. I was freaking out about the date. Since joining ATS I have read alot of 2012 threads. After alot of research, I am 100% sure the day will go by like any other.
But I am worried about the men behind the curtains creating anarchy around the world. Maybe they will bring on events leading up to the date to scare the sheep.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
I do not believe that the world (or Humanity) will end but instead possibly a New Beginning. I am looking forward to the day that the humans on Earth are aware enough about our world to break out of the system and decide for themselves what type of life they want to create.

Will that happen on Dec 21st or 22nd? Well, I doubt it. But it may be a starting point.

I am interested enough in seeing where this thread goes to follow it.

Good idea and thank you

I agree, below is a link that has a very similar theory. I like to believe this too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is a long radio conversation, but all of it is very intriguing and very optimistic

edit on 27-10-2012 by Stiffolous because: Re-worded

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is an update up on the “Perfect Storm” or “Frankenstorm”. As we hopefully reflect back after Dec. 21, this particular article discusses how a weather event could affect the election process, and most certainly the campaign. There are already conspiracy topics being floated that Hurricane Sandy (will you remember the name next year or just refer to it as “that hurricane”) is man-made as in Haarp. As of this moment, we can’t even be sure it will hit land, although there seems to be little to no doubt by the media and meteorologists. As an alternative thinking site here at ATS, this has the potential of nothing to everything. Martial law? Cancelled elections? Riots? From either of those, a world destructive situation can be envisioned. Fortunately it takes a good deal of creativity.
But, such is history.
Campaign Affected By Frankenstorm
edit on 27-10-2012 by samstone11 because: Forgot to add practical facts

I forgot to add a few important matters. Hopefully I understand how to edit correctly.

This is the current outlook from the Washington Post characteristically contradicting itself in a matter of just a few paragraphs by trying to be somewhat optimistic while at the same time threatening the worst.
Historic Proportions

Finally, here is a more no-nonsense take on the storm from CNN.
CNN, Saturday Afternoon Outlook
edit on 27-10-2012 by samstone11 because: Left out important details

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's funny how people view normal events in a different light when they have an agenda. In this case, a prophecy to fulfill. There are weird storms every year. There are always earthquakes. There IS climate change, and I do think humans do have an effect, but I don't think it has anything to do with 2012. All elections are volatile. There is always war and turmoil, uprising and oppression.

The world is a big place. You'll always find a daily "detail" if you look hard enough. I don't think they mean a thing though - it's just that thing called life, and is a pretty ordinary occurrence.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
One thing that must be logged, in my opinion, is the fact that the last presidential election and upcoming election are extremely strange. The attributes desired of the candidates - not the attributes WE desire, but those of whoever the "puppetmasters" are - put our nation in great peril, no matter who is elected. The Constitution was completely ignored by Congress and the judicial branch, and as a result, we'll get a president with this undesirable attribute. This shared attribute may in the future undo the actions that these candidates may make as President, and put our nation into a tailspin internally, due to the Constitutional crisis their Presidency creates.

While you might not realize how something that seems so insignificant can actually matter in such a huge way, if you watch this video and use your own curiosity and intuition, you'll see what the real issue is - that McCain, Obama, and Romney, Congress, the Courts, Intelligence Agencies, AND BUSH, have been on the same team the whole time.

Please, check out this video and send it to your friends. This information needs to get out before the election. The video is long, and the guys go on some unrelated tangents, but it is worth sitting through to understand what's going on. They progress to the main point kind of slowly, but I think it's necessary, given the years of bias they have to fight through to get most people to see what's going on. Here it is:
radioactivision.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Meanwhile, just off the other (west) Canadian Coast, at approximately 10:10 PM, central time, this came up on my Breaking News....
7.7 Earthquake---Tsunami Warnings Issued

Of course, its not only Canada but large portions of the US that will be affected.

I have been asked to explain my own viewpoint. Personally, I do not anticipate any world shattering events on Dec. 21. However, my ego allows me to be wrong. So in case something does begin to develop, we at ATS can be better informed having already pooled our best resources ahead of time. If nothing happens we will have a real time record as the much debated date comes and goes. The purpose of the thread was and is to chronicle the "what ifs" and develop a journal with something to look back on.

Either way, I see ATS being the winner.

More input on this or other subjects as deemed appropriate appreciated.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
7.1-magnitude earthquake has struck off the coast of British Columbia.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0304Z 28 OCT 2012
COORDINATES - 52.9 NORTH 131.9 WEST
DEPTH - 10 KM
LOCATION - QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS REGION
MAGNITUDE - 7.1

EVALUATION

A WIDESPREAD DESTRUCTIVE TSUNAMI THREAT DOES NOT EXIST BASED ON
HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

THE WEST COAST AND ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE
INFORMATION REGARDING ANY LOCAL TSUNAMI THREAT TO COASTS NEAR
THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE PRODUCTS
FOR ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...WASHINGTON...OREGON...CALIFORNIA.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Ronnie6657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
sorry, you were right... they upgraded it to a 7.7 earthquake.

www.tsunami.gov...

PUBLIC TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER 2
NWS WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER PALMER AK
834 PM PDT SAT OCT 27 2012

THE MAGNITUDE IS UPDATED TO 7.7. THE WARNING ZONE REMAINS THE
SAME.

...THE TSUNAMI WARNING CONTINUES IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL
AREAS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA FROM THE NORTH TIP OF
VANCOUVER ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA TO CAPE DECISION
ALASKA/LOCATED 85 MILES SE OF SITKA/...

...THIS MESSAGE IS INFORMATION ONLY FOR COASTAL AREAS OF
CALIFORNIA - OREGON - WASHINGTON AND BRITISH COLUMBIA FROM
THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER
ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA...

...THIS MESSAGE IS INFORMATION ONLY FOR COASTAL AREAS OF
ALASKA FROM CAPE DECISION ALASKA/LOCATED 85 MILES SE OF
SITKA/ TO ATTU ALASKA...

A TSUNAMI WARNING MEANS... ALL COASTAL RESIDENTS IN THE WARNING
AREA WHO ARE NEAR THE BEACH OR IN LOW-LYING REGIONS SHOULD MOVE
IMMEDIATELY INLAND TO HIGHER GROUND AND AWAY FROM ALL HARBORS AND
INLETS INCLUDING THOSE SHELTERED DIRECTLY FROM THE SEA. THOSE
FEELING THE EARTH SHAKE... SEEING UNUSUAL WAVE ACTION... OR THE
WATER LEVEL RISING OR RECEDING MAY HAVE ONLY A FEW MINUTES BEFORE
THE TSUNAMI ARRIVAL AND SHOULD MOVE IMMEDIATELY. HOMES AND
SMALL BUILDINGS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND TSUNAMI IMPACTS.
DO NOT STAY IN THESE STRUCTURES.

ALL RESIDENTS WITHIN THE WARNED AREA SHOULD BE ALERT FOR
INSTRUCTIONS BROADCAST FROM THEIR LOCAL CIVIL AUTHORITIES.
EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE ARE KNOWN TO GENERATE TSUNAMIS.

AT 804 PM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME ON OCTOBER 27 AN EARTHQUAKE WITH
PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE 7.7 OCCURRED 25 MILES/40 KM SOUTH OF
SANDSPIT BRITISH COLUMBIA.
EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE ARE KNOWN TO GENERATE TSUNAMIS.
IF A TSUNAMI HAS BEEN GENERATED THE WAVES WILL FIRST REACH
LANGARA ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA AT 916 PM PDT ON OCTOBER 27.
ESTIMATED TSUNAMI ARRIVAL TIMES AND MAPS ALONG WITH SAFETY RULES
AND OTHER INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEB SITE
WCATWC.ARH.NOAA.GOV.

TSUNAMIS CAN BE DANGEROUS WAVES THAT ARE NOT SURVIVABLE. WAVE
HEIGHTS ARE AMPLIFIED BY IRREGULAR SHORELINE AND ARE DIFFICULT TO
FORECAST. TSUNAMIS OFTEN APPEAR AS A STRONG SURGE AND MAY BE
PRECEDED BY A RECEDING WATER LEVEL. MARINERS IN WATER DEEPER
THAN 600 FEET SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED BY A TSUNAMI. WAVE HEIGHTS
WILL INCREASE RAPIDLY AS WATER SHALLOWS. TSUNAMIS ARE A SERIES OF
OCEAN WAVES WHICH CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE
INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL. DO NOT RETURN TO EVACUATED AREAS UNTIL AN
ALL CLEAR IS GIVEN BY LOCAL CIVIL AUTHORITIES.

PACIFIC COASTAL REGIONS OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/
BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA SHOULD REFER TO THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI
WARNING CENTER MESSAGES FOR INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT AT
PTWC.WEATHER.GOV.

THIS MESSAGE WILL BE UPDATED IN 30 MINUTES OR SOONER IF
THE SITUATION WARRANTS. THE TSUNAMI MESSAGE WILL REMAIN
IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION STAY TUNED
TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO... YOUR LOCAL TV OR RADIO STATIONS... OR SEE
THE WEB SITE WCATWC.ARH.NOAA.GOV.

new topics

top topics

join