It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Let me know what insurance agency you work for, so I know to never use them.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

When I'm right (and I am), what will you say? Keep in mind, my company uses scientific data, not opinion designed to drive fear.

Worst case scenario is that NY gets some snow. Hurricanes hate cold weather...that should be the first clue that this report is total BS.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
OK...OK.....This storm is Obama's fault!
No, haven't you noticed the trend?

If it turns out to be a problem, it will be Bush's fault!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I can only imagine the cancellations from insurance companies happening now.
I think they have 2 days ,but can't remember at the moment.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I can only imagine the cancellations from insurance companies happening now.
I think they have 2 days ,but can't remember at the moment.

LOL kdawg....don't you know....insurance companies can't cancell policies in the middle of a "policy period"...they must wait until the policy contract expires before they deny renewal.

Nice red herring though...where you been fishing at?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A hurricane and winter storm merger only could happen in the year 2012, right?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They are predicaticing winds of at 70 MPH+ for NYC!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sorry,it's been awhile since I have lived in hurricane country.

Can You Buy Home Insurance During a Hurricane?

In my last blog post, I explained how our licensed agents use their binding authority to provide instant insurance coverage for our clients in certain situations. When our area is subject to a Hurricane or Tropical Storm Watch or Warning however, things go the other way. Because we are within 250 miles of a coastline, each year as hurricane season gets underway (June 1 to November 30) our insurance company partners (whose policies we sell) withdraw or suspend that authority any time the U.S. National Weather Service issues a Tropical or Hurricane Storm Watch or Warning. That means if you happened to own an uninsured home, you would not be able to get any coverage if a storm warning or watch was in effect–and then maybe not until at least 48 hours AFTER that warning/watch expires. Likewise, if the storm warning causes you to review your existing home policy coverage and you conclude you may be underinsured, it’s the same deal–we will not be allowed to increase or change any coverages for you until after the storm passes. The same is true of boats (whether on land or in the water) and even some vehicles. When you think about it, doesn’t it make some sense? Why would any insurance company willingly increase their overall exposure during a time of imminent threat? They wouldn’t–and they don’t. That is why it is so important for you–clients and prospective clients of Cheney Insurance–to better understand how some aspects of our business can work. Which I feel is just one more good reason to seek a Trusted Choice agent for all your business and personal insurance needs!

cheneyinsuranceblog.com...

Best buy now!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.wtnh.com...

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WTNH) -- Folks all across the state are batting down the hatches as the storm approaches.

In Bridgeport, people say they learned what not to do from Hurricane Irene. This time they're preparing for the worst.

Irene's flood was hard to forget, especially for Bridgeport residents who evacuated.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I remember getting snow once on Halloween in Kentucky...late 70's/early 80's... we trick or treated in the snow

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
LOL....I work in the property insurance industry and they always put us on notice when there is a severe threat. Today, we got a message that basically said "much ado about nothing" a.k.a. this is all media hype. Frankenstorm = Frankencrap!

I work in the same field except I work for one of the biggest agencies in the nation, we work with about 40 companies and not just one. So far we were advised that if someone doesn't have insurance to hurry up and put it in effect, because the companies we work with will most likely suspend writing new insurance for the next several days. No official email from any of the companies yet, but I'm gonna see what they say tomorrow. Usually if they suspend our ability to write new insurance, it means that they are expecting serious damage to occur, if nobody suspends new coverage than this is just a lot of hype. I think it still might be to early to make an accurate prediction and they don't wanna suspend new insurance, because that mean loss of revenue, I should know tomorrow, today we just received a warning, but not an actual suspension. I write insurance in NJ and NY and this is where it's supposed to hit the hardest.

If I remember, I'll reply to this thread tomorrow afternoon with more info, the info we get is very reliable from what I've seen over the past 14 years in this industry.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hope everyone prepares for the worst and hopes for the best. Get ready to hunker down and please stay safe everyone over there on the East Coast!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We have an earlier thread discussing this storm potential:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join