It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm'

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — An unusual nasty mix of a hurricane and a winter storm that forecasters are now calling "Frankenstorm" is likely to blast most of the East Coast next week, focusing the worst of its weather mayhem around New York City and New Jersey.
Government forecasters on Thursday upped the odds of a major weather mess, now saying there's a 90 percent chance that the East will get steady gale-force winds, heavy rain, flooding and maybe snow starting Sunday and stretching past Halloween on Wednesday.
Meteorologists say it is likely to cause $1 billion in damage.
The storm is a comb
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are you ready for this? Hurricane Sandy mixing with a winter storm from the west, causing Mayhem from DC to NY.

(I did a search and found nothing on the new coined term and this article from yahoo)

Not only are we now talking about a hurricane but a "PERFECT STORM" of two weather patterns mixing together.

ooooooooooooooo boy.. here we go!! :-P
(not to mention this will be happening next week during Halloween..)

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's been years since I can remember snow on Halloween. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it as long as it isn't too bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

This is stuff that has me worried, is when the "Experts" say this will be bad:

"It's almost a weeklong, five-day, six-day event," Cisco said Thursday from NOAA's northern storm forecast center in College Park, Md. "It's going to be a widespread serious storm." With every hour, meteorologists are getting more confident that this storm is going to be bad and they're able to focus their forecasts more.

not saying this will be the mother of all storms.. but when the experts duct their head, you may want to too. Lol.
(in the end we may only get 1 snowflake and some winds, but you never know. Spread the word just so that everyone is prepared though).

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A week later and I'd be wondering what the Tesla tech in Alaska, Siberia and elsewhere was doing right about now. Ya gotta wonder... would they REALLY go THAT far to discourage people from showing up to vote? lol... Hey, these days?

As it is, still, odd storm to blow up at this time of year and like it's shaping up. This could be a wild weekend for many people. My thoughts and prayers in advance that no one is badly hurt or killed by this beast we see coming.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gee, I sure hope this doesn't interfere with the elections.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored
It's been years since I can remember snow on Halloween. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it as long as it isn't too bad.

We lost power for week last year Halloween was canceled!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmmmm, almost a full page and no one is blaming this on the CIA/HAARP conspiracy.

Is this really ATS?

edit on 25-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Whoa $1Billion worth of damage estimated?..

I know you guys across the pond get all sorts of crazy weather but isn't that a lot of damage even for a mutant hurricane thing?..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
$1 Billion in damage?

Every year we have snow, we have hurricanes, we have heat waves. Why does it continually cause massive damage and expense? Why don't we correct the issues instead of just bandaiding over them?

The power grid needs an upgrade anyway. When the lines come down, FIX THEM! Don't "repair" them, actually fix them. Bury them, upgrade them, invest in them. Use that public works money Obama campaigned on in 2008.

After Katrina, they finally made necessary upgrades to the pump and reservoir system. Why? Why not before Katrina? After the Mississippi floods, they typically upgrade levees and renew their overall vision of the levee system and address key weaknesses.

There is no reason for Billion Dollar damage time after time after time. Use a little forethought and invest proactively instead of constantly getting behind the 8-ball and reacting to situations like they're brand new. They're not brand new. They happen every single year!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was just wondering about the weather here in Michigan the last couple days.Was 75 yesterday and supposed to hit 77 today.Would be a record.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The aurora has been awfully busy lately, so you may have something. It may also be why they are telling people to vote early.

Good Luck to everyone on the East coast, I hope it ends up being just a pretty snowfall for you.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow!
That brings back memories.
Anyone around for the storm of the century in '93?
I remember it well.
Hope it's not like that!

The Storm of the Century, also known as the ’93 Superstorm, or the (Great) Blizzard of 1993, was a large cyclonic storm that formed over the Gulf of Mexico on March 12, 1993, and dissipated in the North Atlantic Ocean on March 15. It is unique for its intensity, massive size and wide-reaching effect. At its height, the storm stretched from Canada towards Central America, but its main impact was on the Eastern United States and Cuba. The cyclone moved through the Gulf of Mexico, and then through the Eastern United States before moving into Canada. Areas as far south as central Alabama and Georgia received 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 cm) of snow and areas such as Birmingham, Alabama, received up to 12 inches (30 cm) with isolated reports of 16 inches (41 cm). Even the Florida Panhandle reported up to 4 inches (10 cm),[2] with hurricane-force wind gusts and record low barometric pressures. Between Louisiana and Cuba, hurricane-force winds produced high storm surges across northwestern Florida, which along with scattered tornadoes killed dozens of people. Record cold temperatures were seen across portions of the South and East in the wake of this storm. In the United States, the storm was responsible for the loss of electric power to over 10 million customers. It is purported to have been directly experienced by nearly 40 percent of the country's population at that time.[3] A total of 310 people, including 10 from Cuba, perished during this storm.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Maybe it was too Tongue-in-cheek for you to catch it. But ATS is as tinfoily as ever.

A week later and I'd be wondering what the Tesla tech in Alaska, Siberia and elsewhere was doing right about now. Ya gotta wonder... would they REALLY go THAT far to discourage people from showing up to vote? lol... Hey, these days?

'Frankenstorm' "It's alive!"
edit on 25-10-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Hmmmm, almost a full page and no one is blaming this on the CIA/HAARP conspiracy.

Is this really ATS?

edit on 25-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Well since your mentioning it. It seems to be concentrated on the East Coast

www.haarpstatus.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
LOL....I work in the property insurance industry and they always put us on notice when there is a severe threat. Today, we got a message that basically said "much ado about nothing" a.k.a. this is all media hype. Frankenstorm = Frankencrap!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hurricane Sandra is currently a Class III Hurricane with winds of 167 kmh, and gusts over 200 ...

You can chart the progress on the RSOE, and at least two other threads are covering it on here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
OK...OK.....This storm is Obama's fault!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I live in southwest va, and they are saying that we could see winds up to 40-60mph here...
but, in reality, it all depends on the weather patterns at this point....
might just move out to sea and be a quiet day for all....
or not...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Philly .. they are calling it SNOR'EASTACANE.
Snow .. Nor'easter ... Hurricane ... all together.
Going shopping tomorrow for extra supplies.
Some of the models take it right over us for Mon/Tue
Anticipating schools out Mon/Tue

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join